Dr Umar , 5 month BHT patient update

This patient having undergone 1800 graft FUE in 2 sessions, decided that he avoid scalp donor sources going forward. He wanted the hairline redefined and adanced slightly as well additional density to the frontal scalp using body hair

5 months ago he had transplanted 2997 hair by SFET. of thei 170 was derived from the nape/eck area. The remaining 2720 were derived from the legs, and chest.

The 5 month after photos were shot and supplied by the patient

Oblique

Before

During

After 5 Months

FRONT VIEWS

Before:

During

At 5 Months

DONOR HEALING

S. Umar, M.D., FAAD
DermHair Clinic
Redondo Beach, California
+1-310-318-1500
1-877-DERMHAIR (US residents)
info@dermhairclinic.com
NEW WEBSITE www.dermhairclinic.com
Single Follicule Extraction & Transfer (SFET)
Using Head and Body hair

For more SFET-FUE and BHT results go to www.dermhairclinic.com

Ive read somewhere that the outcome of a BHT procedure depends on the characteristics of the hair being taken from the body, my chest hair is thicker then any scalp hair ive seen, would that mean that if in the future i decided to use some body hair for transplantation, i would have potentially better results then a person who has whispy, thin body hair?

Dr Umar have you ever done a trial on using 2 BHt grafts into one slit ? i would like you and other doctors to try this and see how mych better the yield is.

This patient could be a good candidate as he hase plenty of BH and plenty of gaps to fill in the scalp.

I am sorry but I really don’t see a lot of growth there. Is it just me?

I dont see much growth either.

» I am sorry but I really don’t see a lot of growth there. Is it just me?

I too don`t see much growth at 5 months pic. Is that normal with BHT. Iv read somewhere that body hair takes more time to grow than the scalp hair. Is that the reason?

» Dr Umar have you ever done a trial on using 2 BHt grafts into one slit ? i
» would like you and other doctors to try this and see how mych better the
» yield is.
»
» This patient could be a good candidate as he hase plenty of BH and plenty
» of gaps to fill in the scalp.

JK1,

Dr. Harris sometimes places 2 BHT per slit… depending on all sorts of variables… But what I saw growth wise on one single patient was a good outcome with this approach.

However I have to say that BHT is still without a doubt… unpredictable at this time in anyone.

» » I am sorry but I really don’t see a lot of growth there. Is it just
» me?
»
» I too don`t see much growth at 5 months pic. Is that normal with BHT. Iv
» read somewhere that body hair takes more time to grow than the scalp hair.
» Is that the reason?

That is true, body hair does take longer to grow, but i agree i dont see much difference in the 5 month pic.

Even for a scalp hair transplant it takes longer than 5 months for a complete result, So I think its fair to say we`l have to wait a little longer than a conventional scalp FUE to see the final result of this gentleman. May be at 13- 14 months period we should see how things are going. I hope he gets good results, since I plan to include BHT if necessary in the future.

Good luck man!

» Even for a scalp hair transplant it takes longer than 5 months for a
» complete result, So I think its fair to say we`l have to wait a little
» longer than a conventional scalp FUE to see the final result of this
» gentleman. May be at 13- 14 months period we should see how things are
» going. I hope he gets good results, since I plan to include BHT if
» necessary in the future.
»
» Good luck man!

I would only use body hair if its your last resource. Its still not totally proven so you could be risking a lot of cash.

I agree… It is still unpredictable at best. Cost is too much for not knowing the outcome. The positive results do not equal the negatives at this time.

I am unclear of the point in posting this, I cannot see anything of consequence at this point - as doctors do not tend to post their crap results I suppose this is one of the better ‘results’ at five months.

Good grief :frowning:

» I am unclear of the point in posting this, I cannot see anything of
» consequence at this point - as doctors do not tend to post their crap
» results I suppose this is one of the better ‘results’ at five months.
»
» Good grief :frowning:

I wouldnt say this is a great result. Ive seen better results from BHT after 5 months.