Dr. S. Umar: Results of Two procedures

In February of 2007 I visited Dr. Umar for a BH/scalp hair transplant procedure. During my consultation, Dr. Umar advised me that because of two prior scalp reduction surgeries I had scarred terrain which could result in less than optimal results. I accepted this possibility and decided to still go forward.

Dr. Umar has successfully taken on many challenging cases in which patients heads were scarred—including mine. In my situation, Dr. Umar and I were presented with an additional unforeseen challenge of an abnormal and extended bout of inflammation and infection. Dr. Umar advised me that this might also result in less than optimal results.

The following is a link to my blog in which one will see that my situation presents a perfect doctor-patient relationship. Dr. Umar is a man of his word, and his character, integrity, professionalism, and dedication and honor to his patients are unparrelled.

http://rbcdsu.blogspot.com/2008/02/first-procedure-with-dr-umar-february.html

» In February of 2007 I visited Dr. Umar for a BH/scalp hair transplant
» procedure. During my consultation, Dr. Umar advised me that because of two
» prior scalp reduction surgeries I had scarred terrain which could result in
» less than optimal results. I accepted this possibility and decided to still
» go forward.
»
» Dr. Umar has successfully taken on many challenging cases in which
» patients heads were scarred—including mine. In my situation, Dr. Umar
» and I were presented with an additional unforeseen challenge of an
» abnormal and extended bout of inflammation and infection. Dr. Umar advised
» me that this might also result in less than optimal results.
»
» The following is a link to my blog in which one will see that my situation
» presents a perfect doctor-patient relationship. Dr. Umar is a man of his
» word, and his character, integrity, professionalism, and dedication and
» honor to his patients are unparrelled.
»
»
» http://rbcdsu.blogspot.com/2008/02/first-procedure-with-dr-umar-february.ht

you look much improved are you happy that is the most important thing, i agree dr umar has taken the most difficult cases and has been able to offer hope for many who thought that they were beyond help, his work ethic is unmatched and his kindness is what sets him apart, good luck and keep us posted with future updates and also let us know how your life has changed,

Congrats on your improvement!! Do you plan on doing more? In my opinion, Dr. Umar is a miracle worker. I have the utmost confidence in his ability and his compassion for patients. 112 until I undergo a procedure with him!!!

»
» you look much improved are you happy that is the most important thing, i
» agree dr umar has taken the most difficult cases and has been able to
» offer hope for many who thought that they were beyond help, his work ethic
» is unmatched and his kindness is what sets him apart, good luck and keep us
» posted with future updates and also let us know how your life has changed,

I am very happy with the results. Thank you for your comments. U are right, Dr. Umar really is one of the most ethical Drs. I have ever encountered having to go through things like this as so many of us have.

It doesn’t seem right that some men have to go through this when so many others have a carpet full of head hair. Thankfully there are people like Dr. Umar who have dedicated endless years of their lives to study and educate themselves, and the technology really has progressed greatly since I first had transplants in the early 90s.

I will continue to update the blog with photos. The five month mark from my second procedure will be March 10, and I will post more photos around that time. Hopefully I will fill in even more.

Thanks again for your comments and any questions feel free to contact me.

» Congrats on your improvement!! Do you plan on doing more? In my opinion,
» Dr. Umar is a miracle worker. I have the utmost confidence in his ability
» and his compassion for patients. 112 until I undergo a procedure with
» him!!!

Thank you for your comments. I am going to see how much more I fill in in the next few months and then decide if I want to do more.

Good luck with your future procedure with Dr. Umar. Obviously we both know we are in the best of hands.

He really is one of the most ethical and dedicated Drs. to his patients.

I respect him greatly as a ethical competant Dr. and just as importantly as a human being filled with the utmost integrity, character, and honor to his patients.

To me those type of Drs are rare these days.

» In February of 2007 I visited Dr. Umar for a BH/scalp hair transplant
» procedure. During my consultation, Dr. Umar advised me that because of two
» prior scalp reduction surgeries I had scarred terrain which could result in
» less than optimal results. I accepted this possibility and decided to still
» go forward.
»
» Dr. Umar has successfully taken on many challenging cases in which
» patients heads were scarred—including mine. In my situation, Dr. Umar
» and I were presented with an additional unforeseen challenge of an
» abnormal and extended bout of inflammation and infection. Dr. Umar advised
» me that this might also result in less than optimal results.
»
» The following is a link to my blog in which one will see that my situation
» presents a perfect doctor-patient relationship. Dr. Umar is a man of his
» word, and his character, integrity, professionalism, and dedication and
» honor to his patients are unparrelled.
»
»
» http://rbcdsu.blogspot.com/2008/02/first-procedure-with-dr-umar-february.html

When I first posted there was an error on the dates. The most recent photos should have been indicated as being the progress in 2008 versus 2007.

It is corrected now.

http://rbcdsu.blogspot.com/2008/02/first-procedure-with-dr-umar-february.html

Keepitshorter,

Can you reply to this and include the following info in the SUBJECT line of your post? Otherwise Dr. Umar will not get proper credits for the results.

1. Technique (ie: FUE, BHT, STRIP, repair etc)
  2. of grafts

3. How many months post op.

Thanks.

Surgery I: 02/2007

FUE-BHT/Scalp

Day I: 1631 grafts (Pubic= 1169; Head=462; ) All grafts were applied to the crown.

Day II: 1279grafts (Armpits=599; Head=680; ) All the grafts went to the middle portion)

DayII: 827 grafts (Legs 597; Head=240) All grafts went to the front closing on the hairline

Surgery II: 10/2008

FUE/Scalp

1200 grafts

Almost all were derived from my nape and around the ears, as well as a little bit form traditional donor area.

All grafts were applied to the crown and middle portions.

As of 3-17-2008 it’s been 1 year 1 month from the first surgery and 5 months 6 days from the second surgery.