Dr Rassman\'s Reaction to ICX-TRC Photos

» “I have noticed that other surgeons have very little respect for Dr.
» Woods–despite the fact they are making many millions of dollars off of
» his original pioneering efforts.”

»
» That is clearly a two-way street.

That is exactly what I meant by this not being limited to just a single phsyician. I would not trust my care to any of the phsyicians who are involved in this mess, but I am especially leary of the parrots who steal others ideas and then profess to have invented them.

This is because I spent a brief time pioneering original music, and I can testify that it hurts when you spend many years on the outside of validation, money, and reward pioneering new sounds, and then you play them out, and those ideas get ripped off by others who never had to go through the effort to actually discover them. I don’t think those that haven’t had the courage or put in the effort to pioneer a brand new movement can even begin to relate to the dismal feeling brought on by discovering that your work has been copied, and the people that did it are dissing you and claiming to be the original inventors. I have been there on more than one occassion. The way I handled it was simply to turn the other cheek and go invent something else. But as I got a little older, putting out the kind of willpower and dedication to be able to do that became increasingly difficult–especially once I lost my health. What takes me 1000 hours to invent might take someone 1-hour to steal, and so goes the game.

Eventually, I sold-out and got a 9-5 job like everyone else. But I’ll never forget what it was like to push a movement. It was exciting to say the least. The jealousy I faced from other musicians in those days is indescribable. The way I dealt with that was to blow the jealous note-ripping bandits so far off the stage that they had to seek psychological counseling :slight_smile:

As far as Woods’ protecting his technique, even Eddie Van Halen turned his back to the stage in the early days of his flashy guitar style. That’s not being a bad person, that is being a smart person. Eventually though, Ed’s style was so over-copied, that I swore there for a while that I would take a hatchet and cut off the right hand of any SOB who dare stick his right-hand finger on the fret board. Eventually, grunge came in, and that crap stopped, but now we are stuck with all this post-grunge puke, and I’m wondering which part to vow to cut off if it doesn’t stop here soon. I mean, Eddie Vedder had a cool thing going there for a while, but why does every dog and his biatch believe they need to sound just like him?

:slight_smile:

JB:

Sorry you had to give up your dream! I do not know of any doctor, other than Assman, who has claimed to have pioneered FUE.

Who gives a sh*t id he shares or no and what is his personality…if he gives consistent yield since FUE is a difficult procedure i am happy

» Who gives a sh*t id he shares or no and what is his personality…if he
» gives consistent yield since FUE is a difficult procedure i am happy

What does this mean?

Holdsworth, Becker, Lane, Vai, Satriani, Govan, Howe, Cooley, who?

I think Eddie Van Halen has been surpassed in his own technique by some “tapping” players like Stanley Jordan and Govan myself. Some of the best tapping Ive ever seen here, http://youtube.com/watch?v=-yPEewaalik

Ive “piddled” with an old guitar a tad (cant play, and dont have the talent). Its an interesting instrument, and just because I can type a mile-a-minute didn’t translate into being able to play. I learned that damned quick. I dont posses the musical talents, but appreciate vituoso musicans plying their trade.

I found this little Chinese girl playing paganini on violin, and just can’t get over how anyone could be so talented. Its fascinating. http://youtube.com/watch?v=NZmc0fKfgWs
Jason Becker played some of it on the guitar, but not the really hard parts.

Music now really is really dissapointing. Rock has no harmony, and pop is all Lohan, Britney, Jessica, etc. Ick. They cant even play an instrument, or probably read music, and I doubt they write songs. Its an insult to real musicians.

I think all he is saying is. Who cares what he does with his business or if he is everyones friend. He goes out and does his job and if he gets results that is all that counts. I do not know about the rest of you guys on this thread but I am familar with the story James Bond was talking about. And did indeed go to many of the docs that most talk about for consults before I went to Woods . You should of heard all of the negativity about this procedure from many that it won’t work that some docs tried very small punches before and just gave up. Well guess what? Most of them are offering there own version of it because they know people wanted a less invasive procedure. Know all one has to do is sift through and see which doctors are offering at high quality, and which ones are just offering so they can add it to there resume.

Rassman might offer FUE…but at a damned high price.

His old partner, Bernstien does it for something like 12 bucks a graft.

Armani is something like 12 or 14.

Some docs offer it, but will price their strips down to five bucks or even four bucks and some change, so a prospective patient is sitting there thinking 1000 grafts for 4500 dollars or 12,000 dollars. Most get the strip I’d imagine.

Cole, Umar, Poswal, Harris (8 bucks FUE shaven) are doing it for a price regular people have a realistic chance to afford. 5K grafts (a large amount of moved hair) would be 60K at Bernstein’s price. Most men do not have that to spend on a cosmetic surgery and the doc would have to know that.

Hair transplants are one of the most expensive cosmetic surgeries around. I had a list of them once and looked. I was suprised. A lot of cosmetic surgery isn’t all that expensive. It doesn’t take 10K to have massive hooters, which is why I guess so many women are getting them (not that Im complaining:-)

I only hope I live to see the day when HM makes all these docs names & their barbaric,heavily flawed,experimental surgical procedures nothing more then a distant bad memory.SOME of the docs named here are worthy of being on the “Axis Of Evil” list.How some of these docs are not “wanted” by the UN for crimes against humanity is a mystery to me.Some of these butchers have committed genocide against several generations of balding men.What they have done is no different to what the Turks did to the Greeks & Armenians; the Nazis did to the Jews,genocide in the Balkans & what is currently going on in Africa.
I hope I live to see the day when you simply go to a plastic surgeon who has CREDIBLE training,have some injections in your scalp & walk out knowing that in 3-6 months time you will have a full head of hair.No b.s excuses for poor hair growth & no scars.No more fin,dut & toxic Rogaine.
In reality,we are all f**ked cause this is nothing more then wishful thinking.
I would rather see Al Qaeda wipe mankind of the face of this vile earth then have to sit back & wait another 10 years for hm to bring an end to this industry of mass destruction.

Sorry for the rant guys but it’s one of those days.

I’m with ya bro

I wouldn’t love anything more than to see the whole hair transplant, pill/potion, and wig industry collapse in the wake of hair multiplicaiton. For 2000+ years of civilization men (and women) have had to resort to primitive and often barbaric means to deal with their hair loss. It’s time for a cure.

» I think all he is saying is. Who cares what he does with his business or if
» he is everyones friend. He goes out and does his job and if he gets results
» that is all that counts. I do not know about the rest of you guys on this
» thread but I am familar with the story James Bond was talking about. And
» did indeed go to many of the docs that most talk about for consults
» before I went to Woods . You should of heard all of the negativity about
» this procedure from many that it won’t work that some docs tried very
» small punches before and just gave up. Well guess what? Most of them are
» offering there own version of it because they know people wanted a less
» invasive procedure. Know all one has to do is sift through and see which
» doctors are offering at high quality, and which ones are just offering so
» they can add it to there resume.

That is exactly right. I don’t think a lot of the posters here have been following the story from the beginning. Wood’s was initially attacked and called every name in the book. Then along come these other doctors who finally realize the technique works. So they start offering it and simultaneously slandering Woods in an attempt to beef up their own credentials. Keep in mind Woods not only brought us the FUE revolution, he also brought us BHT. Without his original contribution to the field, we would have none of this. And I agree, whether or not you hit it off with him at a party is totally irrelevant. What matters is the originality that is overflowing from his life’s work.

Back when I was inventing music, I faced so much slander it was pathetic because I refused to conform to what was popular and accepted. I could not stand to play what was already invented, so I constantly sought out new sounds and directions. After some years went by, the exact people that slandered me were copying the heck out of me and claiming to have invented the stuff. Anybody that studies history will see that this is exactly how inventions come to fruition. Some poor SOB’s have to forego all the easy food and tough it out in the darkness so they can bring forth ideas for sheep to grab onto and live the easy life off of. I don’t have a lot of praise for sheep who hog up the easy food with the sole intention of getting rich and being validated by other sheep; I mostly reserve my praise for those that tough it out in the darkness long enough to spring forth the seeds that lead to revolutionizing the world.

And my point about this is that the people that come along later don’t have to suffer at all. They simply jump on the bandwagon when it gets profitable and becomes validating to do so. I hate to say it but the difference between Woods and most of these other FUE doctors is that Woods has a brain in his head. I don’t intend to put down all FUE doctors by that statement because I have the highest respect for Cole and a handful of others (there are maybe five good ones out there that I know of). I won’t name the names of the suspect doctors as that is dirty pool, but they do exist and practice in this emerging field.

As for sacrificing my musical dreams. Well that was mostly due to illness. But the bread I am earning these days has financed one badass recording studio chock full of vintage equipment. So all is not lost. My house has become like a musical disneyland. Selling out for money is like switching from worshipping God to worshipping Satan. But I have to say, Satan sure does give his followers a lot of cool toys :slight_smile:

Thanks for the cool links. I have to say, I really, really love music but I didn’t show any early special talent in the musical field. I think my sucking so bad was actually to my benefit though because it forced me to walk away from everthing and pursue my own direction.

Hmmm, who is my favorite guitar player? I would have to say Zoot Horn Rollo. Besides him being one of the nicest and most humble guitar players I’ve ever known, Trout Mask Replica is still one of my favorite records.

My second favorite guitar player is Don Mock. For whatever reason, his musical style never appealed so much to me, but his generosity toward me and the huge volume of musical knowledge he taught me brought me out of the darkness. Did you know a large number of the instructional guitar videos on the market were made in his basement? He used to give me free copies. Not that I was special to him or anything, he is just that nice to everybody. Speaking of free instructional videos. You can get a free lesson from Don at this link (but I’ve never actually tried it).

http://www.guitaraxis.com/

Because I do consider myself a bit of an artist but not much of a guitar player, I’ll move on to the category of my favorite artists. I’m not much of a blues fan, but I love the purity in Leadbelly’s life’s force. I can’t understand a single word of his lyrics, but that’s all part of the fun.

And how could I not name Woody Guthrie. That dude was the original true musician who gave up fame, fortune, and selling his soul to the devil. And that is exactly what is missing from today’s music, which why Britney, Jessica, etc. will never amount to anything more than a joke.

Yeah, I’m attracted to heavy, moody, perhaps psychadelic or trancy music sometmes. I saw a band on Jay Leno the other day that I liked, but I can’t remember the name of it. But I must confess at my core, I have and always will be a heavily experimental musician with a fairly wide palette. Thus, anybody that just keeps it fresh and keeps it real is going to get a vote from me.

I should say that when I first started learning, I went through phases of worshipping all of the usual guitar idols that everyone knows and loves. I wore out many a cassette tape rewinding and relistening to tiny segments analyzing the exact notes being played. I spent thousands of hours doing that, but it wasn’t until I started meeting some musicians that were fairly good that I started to get a handle on the whole thing. That’s when I realized all the guys I worshipped from afar were really no different from you and I. The only thing they really had that might be considered special was a profound attraction to music. In fact, I don’t think there is such a thing as a guitar god. Instead there are just weirdo freaks that for whatever reason spent way too much time analyzing music.

» I only hope I live to see the day when HM makes all these docs names &
» their barbaric,heavily flawed,experimental surgical procedures nothing
» more then a distant bad memory.SOME of the docs named here are worthy of
» being on the “Axis Of Evil” list.How some of these docs are not “wanted”
» by the UN for crimes against humanity is a mystery to me.Some of these
» butchers have committed genocide against several generations of balding
» men.What they have done is no different to what the Turks did to the
» Greeks & Armenians; the Nazis did to the Jews,genocide in the Balkans &
» what is currently going on in Africa.
» I hope I live to see the day when you simply go to a plastic surgeon who
» has CREDIBLE training,have some injections in your scalp & walk out
» knowing that in 3-6 months time you will have a full head of hair.No b.s
» excuses for poor hair growth & no scars.No more fin,dut & toxic Rogaine.
» In reality,we are all f**ked cause this is nothing more then wishful
» thinking.
» I would rather see Al Qaeda wipe mankind of the face of this vile earth
» then have to sit back & wait another 10 years for hm to bring an end to
» this industry of mass destruction.
»
» Sorry for the rant guys but it’s one of those days.

Great post! Your use of colorful metaphors makes this a particularly fun read. I’d like to frame this and hang it on my wall.

Many docs claim that they themselves were victims of strip surgery & that this traumatic experience was the reason why they became graft pimps. Some Docs claim to have had friends that were butchered so they entered this joke of an industry to prevent this from happening to others. Some docs claim to have entered it because they were sick of seeing complete strangers getting butchered in general. What do all these Docs have in common? They ALL perform the VERY SAME procedure that has mutilated themselves, their friends or other patients. I think it’s safe to say that these Docs are full of sh*t & are to be avoided at all costs.

Dr Woods claims to have had friends who have been butchered by a htp & this is what sparked his interest in the field. To the best of my knowledge, Dr W has NEVER performed strip surgery. It would have been very easy & VERY PROFITABLE for him to enter the industry & start doing strip surgery from day one. He didn’t do this, he recognised that strip butchery is a barbaric procedure & set out to find a less invasive way. He used his intellect, passion & HUMANITY to create FUE. Not only did he think of such a procedure, he persevered with it for years until he perfected his technique. He didn’t perfect it over night but he persevered with this less invasive technique because he REALLY was upset with the amount of patients who were being butchered from strip.
I am sure he encountered many failures, many disappointments in the early days but he really CARED about what was going on so he continued his work until he perfected a technique that EVERY other htp Doc now COPIES.
Dr W could have stopped there but he didn’t. Whilst all these other Docs were scrambling to copy FUE, Dr W found more ways to help people who were butchered by strip surgery. He thought of using BH as an alternative to scalp hair. Now the very same docs who criticized him for doing FUE then copied him are slandering him for his attempts to make BHT as effective as FUE. It will just be a matter of time before these critics will be doing BHT as well. Once they are able to make body hair grow in the scalp they wont dismiss BHT as an “experimental technique” any more. It will be a most welcomed addition to their cash register.
Woods has never responded to ANY of my questions on this forum & that really pisses me off. But, I have to give credit where credit is due, his actions are the mark of man who cares about people. I know he comes off as being very arrogant & rude but THIS is a man who has people’s best interests at heart.
Why didn’t any of these other docs try to create an alternative procedure to strip & persevere with that procedure? Are they too stupid to create & perfect a new procedure? Is it because they REALLY don’t give a f**k that people are losing their lives day after day from a barbaric procedure & they only entered this field for the money?
People kiss the asses of Armani, Cole, Hasson & King Kong (whatever their friggin names are) & the rest of these graft pimps like they invented a technique that changed the game.They haven’t done sh*t! They are not pioneers & they are not leaders of their field.They are sheep,they are happy to go with the tide until others come up with less barbaric surgical procedures.

All of the docs performing FUE today stole Woods’s idea & the other Docs that are not doing FUE don’t have the intellect,the surgical skill or the heart to perform this technique let alone invent it.

Woods was also the first Doc to show video footage of his work, all these other clinics hid their work behind elaborate glamour photos. Most of the photos on his website are of repair cases, repair cases that will not give the same cosmetic results that a virgin scalp would yield. By working on badly scarred scalps, Dr W has indirectly done everything possible to make HIS technique look inferior to other clinics.

Say what you want about the mans personality but no one should dare criticize his contribution to this unregulated industry. He is the only doc who does not force his patients to sign wavers prior to surgery. ALL the other docs do, what are they afraid of ? The simple fact of the matter is, unlike Woods, most if not all of these docs talk the talk but cannot walk the walk.

I have not been paid by Dr W to say this but I will admit to meeting him on one occasion.

And this guy wants to kill himself…i think i know what your problem is Damon you are f*cking smart and you have an excellent perception of reality…your strengths are your weaknesses.You are winning everybody us, the butchers, your parents.Nobody can keep up with you you have arguements for everything and they are logical and real.

Your every win though is a loss…maybe you have to start loosing to win. When you met Woods did he thought he could help, if there is anyhting to help yourself NOW maybe you have to try it with the help of us w*nkers in here :). You still have sparks of fire,but they will go away suddenly, and then you will loose yourself FOR REAL before you know it. Watch out you cannot control it forever no matter how smart and strong you are. Maybe you need help faster than HM…

Think of yourself… you draw your future like an excellent painter, you think i am gonna let the brush down when HM comes and then it will be just a picture. Put it down now before it consumes you and fight differently…its difficult you are tired and we are busting your balls.But you have to act,i am not giving you hope or anyhting you gave it through your post.there is someone you believe in…You want to go there?at least for the scar…

Hey,

I don’t know Dr Woods, but what HAS surprised is how little most HT docs care about curing baldness. They do so f**king little in terms of searching for ways to beat this disease. The only one I’ve met who seems to be doing some experiments is a doc in Florida – he was the first one to examine the use of lasers (e.g., hairmax laser comb), for example. Now he’s testing the efficacy of topical avodart and a few other formulations. I’m not saying he’s a genius, but he’s the only HT doc I’ve met who seems genuinely interested in testing new anti-baldness products and techniques.

The rest – they just want to keep on doing FUE and strip procedures. They do their narrow niche and make $$$.

All the best,
BB

» Hey,
»
» I don’t know Dr Woods, but what HAS surprised is how little most HT docs
» care about curing baldness. They do so f**king little in terms of
» searching for ways to beat this disease. The only one I’ve met who seems
» to be doing some experiments is a doc in Florida – he was the first one
» to examine the use of lasers (e.g., hairmax laser comb), for example. Now
» he’s testing the efficacy of topical avodart and a few other formulations.
» I’m not saying he’s a genius, but he’s the only HT doc I’ve met who seems
» genuinely interested in testing new anti-baldness products and techniques.
»
»
» The rest – they just want to keep on doing FUE and strip procedures. They
» do their narrow niche and make $$$.
»
» All the best,
» BB

Let them first learn how to perform transplants with consistent results and minimal scarring and then you worry about them finding baldness cures. I worry when doctors instead of refining their techniques they seem preoccupied to find baldness cures. They dont have the knowledge, the resources or the funds to bring a cure into the market, we have nothing but failures from them when they go out of their field.Gho, bazan are examples, their only success is to create a buzz around their name and the opportunity for a snatch :wink:

» Music now really is really dissapointing. Rock has no harmony, and pop is
» all Lohan, Britney, Jessica, etc. Ick. They cant even play an instrument,
» or probably read music, and I doubt they write songs. Its an insult to
» real musicians.

no harm but that is totally…wrong…it’s just that you can’t see it. Todays music is creative and brillant to the maximum, just as it used to be before and will be in the future. The time is different now, and so is music. The media are powerful and reduce the aura and mystery a genius can have. But, although there probably wont be another Chopin, Schubert or Mozart, there are many musician that are complete geniuses… and live in the present time. Yet, it’s difficult to make comparisons.

Btw, Britney knows how to sing extremely well, and her voice is definitly an instrument. She’s not here by chance, but only because of her very hard and intense work in addition to her talent. You may not like her music, and i don’t actually, but she is definitely talented, and so are most of nowadays famous singers. Same thing for other areas of music … for example, one may think dance sucks and is easy to compose, but it’s just as difficult as being a violin virtuoso. Try to make some pop music like blur, gorillaz, some rock like franz ferdinand or dance like hatiras, laurent garnier…it’s just not of your level, even in your wildest dreams. The times they are a changing, but the expression of genius is timeless.

“I don’t know Dr Woods, but what HAS surprised is how little most HT docs care about curing baldness. They do so f**king little in terms of searching for ways to beat this disease.”

It aint just this transplant doctors. If you were to pick ten dermatologists at random, I guarantee you that, collectively, they know much LESS about hair loss than a lot of people who post on this forum. If you want to save your money and find viable hair loss treatments, stay the f#ck out of the derm’s office.