Dr. Nigam, you can activate Wnt7a pathway without using Wnt7a

It says in this study that lithium can mimic Wnt7a:

When I typed lithium Wnt7a into the google search engine I also found links that indicate that another medicine (Valproic Acid) to treat bipolar disorder also has some beneficial effect in connection with hair growth but the articles didn’t say if Valproic Acid aids in hair growth by stimulating the Wnt7a pathway. Probably not. Anyway here are the Valproic acid articles in case you want to read them:

Dood. You are such a spaz. Calm your ass down with the wnt7a stuff. Think 1 thread about it would be enough.

he is not normal.

Wnt7a is produced by the matrix cells of the hair follicle to stimulate dermal papilla cells during the anagen phase of growth. This is good. However, using lithium as a topical would also activate the Wnt signaling pathway in the hair follicle stem cells, which would be bad (it would lead to differentiation and depletion of stem cells or abnormal growth and potentially tumors).

Hey Albert Einstein, each of these Wnt7a threads I’ve started the past few days is about a different piece of the Wnt7a puzzle. I don’t want these different pieces of the puzzle getting convoluted in one thread. Any intelligent thinking person who looks at these different Wnt7a threads would realize that each of these threads covers a different piece of the larger Wnt7a puzzle. I want it this way so that each of the separate aspects of the Wnt7a issue have its’ own organized thread. I bet you’ve always been a sloppy student who gets bad grades because you’re disorganized and slobby.

At any rate, one thread is not enough as far as I’m concerned and that is all that matters to me. If you don’t want to read the various threads I’ve started about Wnt7a THEN DON’T READ THEM. I don’t know why you aren’t smart enough to figure that out on your own.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by youngn[/postedby]
Dood. You are such a spaz. Calm your ass down with the wnt7a stuff. Think 1 thread about it would be enough.[/quote]

I see Dr. Nigam’s name in the title of not just one but many threads… .

what is going on here?

What does putting a Dr.'s name in a thread have to do with the follicle and science?

sorry if I am missing something, Dr. Nigam is certainly an asset to the room along with many others, and perhaps he is ok with that… but it seems not relevant to put a posters name in all the threads here…

if someone has questions the first place to turn is to education and study and practice, and if not in a position to do such… then full research…and reflection…

( I am sure putting this poster’s name in the titles is meant in a positive spirit. .but again it is about doing ones own necessary homework and bringing that to the table so one has something to offer in exchange for an equal sharing dialogue…
if a poster doesn’t have the attendant education to answer their own multiple questions beyond the odd one, then going out and obtaining that education is best use of their time perhaps & should be their first priority!

…unless they are just a customer… which in that case, they shouldn’t be posting & in private correspondence arranging dates for procedures…)

I am expect he is a busy man trying to get things done, no need for excessive exuberance in making requests of him is my point…don’t you think>?

Then we should use Wnt7a itself and we should not substitute with lithium. Thanks for explaining that UWbio.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by UWbio[/postedby]
Wnt7a is produced by the matrix cells of the hair follicle to stimulate dermal papilla cells during the anagen phase of growth. This is good. However, using lithium as a topical would also activate the Wnt signaling pathway in the hair follicle stem cells, which would be bad (it would lead to differentiation and depletion of stem cells or abnormal growth and potentially tumors).[/quote]

Hey listen, I’m trying to make sure that Dr. Nigam sees these posts. He’s looking at using growth factors in combo with cell treatments. I AM seeking other people’s opinions on these issues that I’m raising, but I really don’t care what other posters think about the style of my posts the past few days.

So far I have seen about 4 responses in this thread but the only intelligent response is the one by UWbio and that kind of response is GREATLY appreciated. That kind of response helps us all figure out the smartest way to organize growth factors + cellular treatments, but these other posts where people waste their time telling me how to organize my posts are really silly & stupid posts because everyone here knows I don’t care about other poster’s opinions about that type of stuff.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by FollicleSherlock[/postedby]
I see Dr. Nigam’s name in the title of not just one but many threads… .

what is going on here?

What does putting a Dr.'s name in a thread have to do with the follicle and science?

sorry if I am missing something, Dr. Nigam is certainly an asset to the room, and perhaps he is ok with that… but it seems not relevant to put a posters name in all the posts here…

if someone has questions the first place to turn is to education and study and practice…[/quote]

Hairman, are you upset with me? It cracks me up the way you get all miffed when it’s time for you to apply more toppik:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/img/toppik-women-beforelg03.jpg

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by hairman2[/postedby]
he is not normal.[/quote]

Not trying to tell you how to organize your posts exactly.

I just looked at this board, and saw Dr. Nigams name in the title of not one but

many threads, and thought what is going on here.

Now you’ve explained it is part of a concerted effort to get his attention to

specific issues or interests you have.

Best of Luck… sounds like you are treating your hair loss with growth factors

I assume you are sourcing these growth factors from China… look forward to before and afters if

you are comfortable posting them…

have you posted baseline pics on here and where as this is rather interesting the procedure you’re undertaking you describe.

(btw what is Dr. Nigam’s view on the cancer risk etc…of injecting these growth factors or is he still forming it?)

1. Im not trying growth factors yet but I think that growth factors + Wnt7a + the appropriate hair cells is the way to reverse hair loss the best.

2. I’m trying to get information to Dr. Nigam who is examining the issue of cellular transplants in combo with growth factors and perhaps Wnt7a

3. Yes I’m trying to compartmentalize each issue regarding Wnt7a so that each issue can discussed without each issue getting all confused with other issues.

4. I think Dr. Nigam is still trying to form his opinion about Wnt7a. That is why I’m focusing specifically on Wnt7a.

5. It looks like Wnt7a is the most important Wnt for hair growth and it also looks like it’s one of the safest Wnts so it seems to me that as far as Wnts go we should only be considering Wnt7a.

6. We should also consider other growth factors and I have already given Dr. Nigam a copy of the study which reveals a lot of the growth factors that Histogen is using and I posted that study in a different Wnt7a thread.

7. Dr. Nigam is looking all of this stuff over.

8. Today I called the hospital I was born at and asked them to send me an application for an original birth certificate. I will process the application and get my original birth certificate. Then I will use that to get a passport. This process will take about 4 months.

9. I am hoping that during those 4 months Dr. Nigam will have tried experiments with growth factors + Wnt7a + appropriate hair cells before I hire airline tickets and other expenses to make the big trip to India.

10. If I end up doing this of course I will post before and after pics,

I just looked at this board, and saw Dr. Nigams name in the title of not one but

I assume you are sourcing these growth factors from China… look forward to before and afters if

have you posted baseline pics on here and where as this is rather interesting the procedure you’re undertaking you describe.

(btw what is Dr. Nigam’s view on the cancer risk etc…of injecting these growth factors or is he still forming it?)[/quote]

If I am not mistaken some are already sourcing this along with the other growth factors and trialing this and privately sharing results in the private forum…

[quote]1. Im not trying growth factors yet. I think it would be best to use growth factors in combo with cell transplantation.

1. I’m trying to get information to Dr. Nigam who is examining the issue of cellular transplants in combo with growth factors and perhaps Wnt7a

2. Yes I’m trying to compartmentalize each issue regarding Wnt7a so that each issue can discussed without each issue getting all confused with other issues.

3. I think Dr. Nigam is still trying to form his opinion about Wnt7a. That is why I’m focusing specifically on Wnt7a.

4. It looks like Wnt7a is the most important Wnt for hair growth and it also looks like it’s one of the safest Wnts so it seems to me that as far as Wnts go we should only be considering Wnt7a.

5. We should also consider other growth factors and I have already given Dr. Nigam a copy of the study which reveals a lot of the growth factors that Histogen is using and I posted that study in a different Wnt7a thread.

6. Dr. Nigam is looking all of this stuff over.

7. Today I called the hospital I was born at and asked them to send me an application for an original birth certificate. I will process the application and get my original birth certificate. Then I will use that to get a passport. This process will take about 4 months.

8. I am hoping that during those 4 months Dr. Nigam will have tried experiments with growth factors + Wnt7a + appropriate hair cells before I hire airline tickets and other expenses to make the big trip to India.

9. If I end up doing this of course I will post before and after pics,

[postedby]Originally Posted by FollicleSherlock[/postedby]

(btw what is Dr. Nigam’s view on the cancer risk etc…of injecting these growth factors or is he still forming it?)

[postedby]Originally Posted by jarjarbinx[/postedby][/quote]

I don’t know anything about what’s going on at a private forum, but I would ask if they are they doing the treatment right? These home-made experimenters have really got their hands full if they are trying to mix Wnt7a + the right growth factors + the appropriate hair cells. I just don’t think someone could do this in a home experiment. I think you need a serious lab and a talented doctor to do something this complex.

What private forum? There is no private forum here.

[quote]If I am not mistaken some are already trialing this and privately sharing results in the private forum…

1. Im not trying growth factors yet. I think it would be best to use growth factors in combo with cell transplantation.

2. I’m trying to get information to Dr. Nigam who is examining the issue of cellular transplants in combo with growth factors and perhaps Wnt7a

3. Yes I’m trying to compartmentalize each issue regarding Wnt7a so that each issue can discussed without each issue getting all confused with other issues.

4. I think Dr. Nigam is still trying to form his opinion about Wnt7a. That is why I’m focusing specifically on Wnt7a.

5. It looks like Wnt7a is the most important Wnt for hair growth and it also looks like it’s one of the safest Wnts so it seems to me that as far as Wnts go we should only be considering Wnt7a.

6. We should also consider other growth factors and I have already given Dr. Nigam a copy of the study which reveals a lot of the growth factors that Histogen is using and I posted that study in a different Wnt7a thread.

7. Dr. Nigam is looking all of this stuff over.

8. Today I called the hospital I was born at and asked them to send me an application for an original birth certificate. I will process the application and get my original birth certificate. Then I will use that to get a passport. This process will take about 4 months.

9. I am hoping that during those 4 months Dr. Nigam will have tried experiments with growth factors + Wnt7a + appropriate hair cells before I hire airline tickets and other expenses to make the big trip to India.

10. If I end up doing this of course I will post before and after pics,

[postedby]Originally Posted by FollicleSherlock[/postedby]

[postedby]Originally Posted by jarjarbinx[/postedby]

[postedby]Originally Posted by FollicleSherlock[/postedby][/quote]

They’ve been buying the necessary lab equipment from what I’ve heard…not much to outfit them for just what they need only for this instead of a whole lab…

… this is not new for the cutting edge people, they are already doing this…
they don’t wait for a dr. or clinic for anything…they are losing hair and are doing something about it now before it is too late…

their talk in past has been more action oriented… not too much time spent on theory…

That is why I assumed you perhaps had already done this…or at least were in

pretty deep as far as your regimen that you are doing now… as these biological

battles happen in the present…

(not saying that I approve of any of what is being done)

Jarjarbinx , you can email Dr Nigam your questions and avoid making a thread for each one. I think you should just wait until Histogen release more details, besides I think Dr Nigam will already know about wnt7a and so on since the info is on Histogens site and in journals etc.

Tbh I dont think growth factors alone will solve the problem, remember histogens growth stats are comparing baseline hair count not original hair count. I will quote what I posted in another thread just in case you didnt read it:

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by HairlossCurse[/postedby]
Lets say someone has 1000 hairs, they loose 900 hairs because of MPB.
They get Histogens treatment and lets say you get 45% growth. This is 45% of 100 which equals 45 more hairs. It is not 45% of the 1000 being 450 more hairs. So you now have 145/1000 hairs. In the temple area the results are only approx 25% as well[/quote]

You would have to get far more than %100 growth to get all your hair back.

There are 2 private hair forums off site to answer your question…

one is made up of all the advanced users doing hands on things with idea’s that are only theory here… these advanced users were originally invited from all sites worldwide…

One of those sites is sort of is like what Dr. Nigam said in his post here http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-118232-page-0-category-1-order-last_answer-descasc-DESC.html
Dr. Nigam quote…
“My suggestion would be to begin with, hair site admin can have a separate section for scientists,researchers,and members with good research background.
In this section posters may be invited with invitation.”

only thing is they are very much hands on in addition, not armchair theorists…

I don’t want to avoid making a post about each of my issues. At this time I’m temporarily trying to make separate posts about each separate issue because that works for me organizationally for the time being.

Also, in these threads I’m trying to communicate with Dr. Nigam, but I’m also trying to communicate with the other occasional sensible posters at Hairsite and if I put my questions only in emails to Dr. Nigam then I won’t hear from the other occasional sensible poster here. So I have to continue communicating with Dr. Nigam by email and also post threads here at Hairsite.

Once all the details of how Dr. Nigam will proceed with growth factors + Wnt7a + the appropriate cells are worked out I will be going back to a posting style that isn’t so compartmentalized. This style of posting I’m using at this time is temporary only until all the details are worked out. I don’t want issues getting confused by too many different issues being put into one thread. Try to bear with me for a short while.

[quote]Jarjarbinx , you can email Dr Nigam your questions and avoid making a thread for each one. I think you should just wait until Histogen release more details, besides I think Dr Nigam will already know about wnt7a and so on since the info is on Histogens site and in journals etc.

Tbh I dont think growth factors alone will solve the problem, remember histogens growth stats are comparing baseline hair count not original hair count. I will quote what I posted in another thread just in case you didnt read it:
[postedby]Originally Posted by HairlossCurse[/postedby]
Lets say someone has 1000 hairs, they loose 900 hairs because of MPB.
They get Histogens treatment and lets say you get 45% growth. This is 45% of 100 which equals 45 more hairs. It is not 45% of the 1000 being 450 more hairs. So you now have 145/1000 hairs. In the temple area the results are only approx 25% as well

[postedby]Originally Posted by HairlossCurse[/postedby]

You would have to get far more than %100 growth to get all your hair back.[/quote]

In a way it sounds like you are complimenting me - calling me a man of action LOL. I will say thank you and I will share a few things with you:

1. I want my hair back.

2. I want to bring as many other people along for the ride as I can. In order to bring others along I have to be sure this is done correctly. Dr. Nigam is highly talented and he knows what he’s doing. He will think of important details that laypeople might not think of, such as the best way to do the actual injections.

3. He has a fine lab. His lab is even FDA approved.

4. If I want this to be a standardized treatment where we will all have a good idea what to expect then the experimentation should be through a talented clinician like Dr. Nigam rather than a couple of guys at a hair website.

5. I want this done right. Dr. Nigam knows what he’s doing.

They’ve been buying the necessary lab equipment from what I’ve heard…not much to outfit them for just what they need only for this instead of a whole lab…

… this is not new for the cutting edge people, they are already doing this…
they don’t wait for a dr. or clinic for anything…they are losing hair and are doing something about it now before it is too late…

their talk in past has been more action oriented… not too much time spent on theory…

That is why I assumed you perhaps had already done this…or at least were in

pretty deep as far as your regimen that you are doing now… as these biological

battles happen in the present…

(not saying that I approve of any of what is being done)[/quote]

[quote]Hey Albert Einstein, each of these Wnt7a threads I’ve started the past few days is about a different piece of the Wnt7a puzzle. I don’t want these different pieces of the puzzle getting convoluted in one thread. Any intelligent thinking person who looks at these different Wnt7a threads would realize that each of these threads covers a different piece of the larger Wnt7a puzzle. I want it this way so that each of the separate aspects of the Wnt7a issue have its’ own organized thread. I bet you’ve always been a sloppy student who gets bad grades because you’re disorganized and slobby.
[postedby]Originally Posted by jarjarbinx[/postedby][/quote]

I guess I am Albert Einstein compared to you. You think your multiple threads are clean, and putting it all into one thread is sloppy? Really? Your response has dumbfounded me. Your sloppy ass threads calling out to Dr. Nigam in every title. These damn hair loss forums always have some dumb ass bumbling around who thinks he knows everything. Guess I found out who that is.

P.S. - Jarjarbinx, what an appropriate name!!

BRB. I need to make 10 different threads about WNT10B for Dr. Nigam. Wank wank wank. 1 thread for each study!!! So clean.