Dr Mercola and Dr Phil to use stem cells to grow hair

I spotted this on another site. People are debating if the treatment is affiliated with Foliica, or if it’s the beginning of a competing product. In any case, whether you hate him or love him - Dr Phil is involved as a willing guinea pig.

[link=http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2008/3/22/can-greasy-hair-protect-your-lungs.aspx ]A quote from the article: [/link]
" (On a side note, if you don’t have much hair, like me, then this is not a big deal. But I will start some investigational ADULT stem cell topical therapy soon, and there is a 90 percent chance I will have a full head of hair in one year – so at that time I’ll be paying more attention to my hair care. Dr. Phil starts it this week.) "

» I spotted this on another site. People are debating if the treatment is
» affiliated with Foliica, or if it’s the beginning of a competing product.
» In any case, whether you hate him or love him - Dr Phil is involved as a
» willing guinea pig.
»
» [link=Archived Article Notice
» ]A quote from the article: [/link]
» " (On a side note, if you don’t have much hair, like me, then this is
» not a big deal. But I will start some investigational ADULT stem cell
» topical therapy soon, and there is a 90 percent chance I will have a full
» head of hair in one year – so at that time I’ll be paying more attention
» to my hair care. Dr. Phil starts it this week.)
"
»
»

That sounded like it was made up… but I actually found the quote on Dr Mercolas webpage : Archived Article Notice

I also found an article from the same webpage where the Follica treatment is mentioned as an stem cell therapy and commented by Dr Mercola :
http://v.mercola.com/blogs/public_blog/Natural-Treatments-For-Baldness-17020.aspx

We actually may have a guinea pig for the Follica trials here! And if Dr Phil actually is doing this (I have trouble believing this…) we will for sure see the progress on national television!

Follica is really taking a big chance if they are letting Dr Phil be a part of the trials. If it does not work everybody will see it with their own eyes. On the other hand, could it be that they are so sure that this is a hit that they need the best poster boy ever for their treatment? You could not choose a better person than Dr Phil in that case.

Im just speculating here, but you have to agree that this is some really interesting information! :slight_smile:

http://v.mercola.com/blogs/public_blog/Natural-Treatments-For-Baldness-17020.aspx

damn. I noticed this was posted already
http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry-id-25090-page-0-category-1-order-last_answer.html

This quote is from Dr. Mercola. I can’t find it anywhere where Dr. Phil says anything about growing his hair back. I just did a search on google. I’ve never heard of Dr. Mercola before. Maybe he is a nut. (I hope not!)

Dr. Mercola is kind of the same as Dr. Andrew Weil. They both preach about healthy diets and sell thier products to support their claims. I don’t think that either one of these guys looks healthy and take their teachings with a grain of salt. They are als both baldies.

He’s a psycho and he’s planning to get a rug

Dr. Phil needs to eat his own ass.

» Dr. Phil needs to eat his own ass.

Are there any question we could actually ask Dr. Phil about regarding this?

"Okay guys, everybody in my audience who feels over-assed, let’s see some hands! Don’t be afraid, I’ve been there too.

(Hands go up all over the audience)

See, this is why I brought Dr. Phil on the show today with me. We wanna talk about this controversial issue facing today’s young people.

Now, Dr. Phil, could you please explain to the audience about how important this subject really is for today’s young people? So many of them already understand being over-assed. But they have no idea how important it really is to eat your own ass after you’ve reached a certain point in your personal development.

It’s a scary thing to face it, but you can’t run from this problem. It’s part of growing up to learn how to handle this stuff with honesty & maturity."