Dr Koray Erdogan, ASMED Clinic - 3167 grafts FUE Repair

ASMED SURGICAL MEDICAL CENTER
Dr Koray Erdogan

The patient previously had an operation by FUT with another clinic, having an unsatisfactory result.

3167 grafts FUE extracted by titanium manual punch, diameter 0.7 - 0.9 mm.

Incisions executed by: custom made blades, coronal lateral slit

554 single grafts

1103 double grafts

1610 multiple grafts

BEFORE THE OPERATION

OPERATION

11 DAYS

2 MONTHS

3 MONTHS

8 MONTHS

The hair color has changed ! does it really the same person?

?

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by Hairquest1[/postedby]
The hair color has changed ! does it really the same person?[/quote]

Hello

We will ask for an update from this patient with pictures taken under daylight!

However, it is obvious that he is the same person, and also the other case you cited.

Meanwhile, maybe one expert of the forum can make a comparison between the before and after pictures :wink:

Hello,
It’s not quiet obvious but thanks for the answer.
Does the patient take any medications?

The hair color has changed ! does it really the same person?[/quote]

That is very common.

Hello,
It’s not quiet obvious but thanks for the answer.
Does the patient take any medications?[/quote]

Hi again,

yes the patient was taking Finasteride.

If you still doubt about his authenticity you can contact me in pm and I will give you the link of this patient’s report.

Thank you,
I was just wondering thanks again for your explanation including the one concerning Finasteride.
It’s always important to know if the patient take any medications after.
Thanks again

Do you guys use body or beard hair as donor?

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by fastforward[/postedby]
Do you guys use body or beard hair as donor?[/quote]

Hi fastforward!

No, in our Clinic we perform just Manual FUE surgeries with follicles extracted from the patient’s head donor area.

Great coverage considering the number of grafts as well as accounting for the fact that the “before” pics are of wet hair… if this guy has the donor, another 1500 for thickness and to fill in the temple areas would be great… !

Dr. Erdogan:

I have had three strips, two of them were about 20 years ago and one about ten years ago.  While I'm glad I had it done, the technique and results from the current era far surpass what was done back then.   I am thinking about having more work done.  I do have some available head donor but I'm not sure how much.  I'm thinking since I already have the scar, I should probably go with another strip, with the idea that the density of the donor will not be that diminished and could probably have an FUE at a later date.  Alternatively, my thinking is if I go with FUE now, that one procedure would exhaust my donor area, rendering less grafts overall.   I understand that a strip also lessens the density across the whole scalp, though.  Without seeing my pics, are you able to comment about this?  What about the theory that stretching done as a result of a strip causes additional loss of hair, especially in the crown area?  Thanks for your thoughts.  Cueballbob