Dr. Jones will be using Acell\'s ECM products for strip scars repair

Cant the patient use the powder form of acell on his own fue or beard extraction holes? Clean the wound and apply afresh every 2 or 3 days.
Will that work? Or must he go back to the doctor again and again? There seems to be nothing on the acell site about documented use of the powder form of acell matrix!

» » Kudos to you Bill…you are being pro-active instead
» complacent
» » like some of the other posters (whose names I dont have to mention) who
» » moan and complain constantly about nothing working and the hopelessness
» of
» » any future advances in hair-related scientific research.
»
» I suppose your remark was meant for me? All I was asking is proof that
» Acell is FDA approved, I don’t think that is unreasonable. I already google
» Acell and FDA, nothing came up, it’s also not a good sign that there is
» nothing about FDA approval on their website.

I don’t think he was talking about you, John. I wouldn’t put you in that cagegory. Safety is definately a concern with any new procedure / technique in the medical field and I think that it is good that you are being pro-active in investigating it on that end. With over 1300 members of this forum, we should work together that way.

As far as saftey goes, I’m really not sure. Believe me, I have no affiliation / expertise / relationship with Acell other than several phone conversations with the same person. I’m just a guy that wants a full head of hair and sees some potential with this company. After looking at the pictures, I think that it can’t be ignored. I know of at least 4 doctors who have already ordered Acell so hopefully they will do some research into the safety issues before they use it.

Take Care,
Bill

» Cant the patient use the powder form of acell on his own fue or beard
» extraction holes? Clean the wound and apply afresh every 2 or 3 days.
» Will that work? Or must he go back to the doctor again and again? There
» seems to be nothing on the acell site about documented use of the powder
» form of acell matrix!

Remember, Acell did not develop their product with the intent of developing a treatment for hairloss. We are the ones that are applying it to that issue. You will not find anything on their website about hairloss. I’m sure, if it works, they will post it to their website under human applications.

» Hi Bill:
»
» Do you think a strip wound can be left open without stitch?
» maybe a melanoma wound can, but a strip wound looks to me like its going
» to open more and more unless you hold the flesh with suture.
»
» Regarding Dr. Jones experiment, what is the plan?
» Is Dr. Jones going to open a wound in the scar tissue, and then apply the
» powder there, hoping that new tissue, (and new hair), grows there?
»
» It is a good idea to treat scar tissue, because you don’t even need to do
» a tatoo there. I think the position of the wound will be easy to track
» without the need of a tatoo.
»
»
» Also, is wise to treat only a small area first. I think 0,5cmx0,5cm could
» be enough to test the theory. Just open a “small hole”.
»
» And, besides frequent checks, maybe it would be a good idea to get a
» sample of the regenerated area for analysis after some time. to see if the
» tissue is normal.

Spanish,

I don’t know the answers to those questions. Hopefully, they are the types of questions that the doctors will be able to answer in the next few months.

Take Care,
Bill

I am excited about the news that several doctors are going to try the Acell extracellular matrix in conjunction with their surgical procedures. I think it is a good sign that top doctors in the field of hair restoration think that this product has enough merit to try it out. I’m sure they will try different methods to see what (if any) method works best. I personally have spoken with one (via e-mail) that is going to try several different methods himself.

My fear is that members of this forum (myself included) will be let down if this product fails. Remember, Acell has made no claims about their product reguarding hair restoration. We were the ones that saw the potential of Acell and hair restoration. They did tell me over the phone that the researchers were confident that it would regrow removed donor tissue and hair but they made no guarantees about that. We will not know until we try.

Also, remember that I have no relationship with this company. I know that there have been other forum members who have posted about other companies as though they had some major inside information about the company. These members have created false hopes amongst the other members of the forum by making ridiculous claims. I do not want to do that. The only relationship I have with Acell is that I’ve spoken with them several times (over the phone). They were forthcomming with information about their product and I posted the information they told me here. Even the doctors that I speak of, I am not involved with. I’ve spoken with one of them several times (via e-mail) and thats it. The other ones names were given to me by another source. (I’m not trying to be secretive…I’m just not sure who would want me to give thier names out and who would be upset with that, so I don’t give any of them out).

As far as safety issues or application of Acell to hair restoration, I really don’t have any answers to those questions. They are good questions to ask and people should have some concern about any new medical product / procedure that comes to market. I would assume that the doctors who are trying the product will ask those questions to Acell and will be able to answer them for us.

Hopefully, I haven’t built any false hopes about Acell as others have about other companies in the past. We’ve ridden an emotional roller coaster for too long. Honestly, I do have some hope that this product will regenerate donor tissue and hair. But remember, my main reason for this is because of the pictures posted on their website and the fact that they told me that their researchers were “confident” that this would work, but they also told me that they haven’t studied it for that purpose and could make no guarantees. I guess, at this point, that’s where we are…studying the product to see if it has any applications to the hair restoration field. LETS KEEP OUR FINGERS CROSSED!!!

Take Care,
Bill

if it could regenerate donor hair once it has been moved(There is no follicle remaining if it was stripped or fue’d)why shouldn’t it be able to regenarate hair all over the head?
willy you’ve done a great job
best lucks to everyone

» if it could regenerate donor hair once it has been moved(There is no
» follicle remaining if it was stripped or fue’d)why shouldn’t it be able to
» regenarate hair all over the head?
» willy you’ve done a great job
» best lucks to everyone.

It’s possible it may work in conjunction with dermabrasion. I’d do it if I could get hold of some.

» Hairsite,
»
» What is the object of the doctor’s experiment?
»
» Does he hope to grow skin AND hair where the scar tissue is now?
»

Initially, it will be for SCAR REPAIR only as far as I know.

Yes, the goal is to regenerate new hair in existing scar tissue.

» » Official announcement for Dr. Robert Jones
»
» That’s excellent news thanks Hairsite.
»
» Also thanks to Willy of course who’s been very proactive in keeping us
» up-to-date on Acell developments.
»
» Things are happening faster than I expected.
»
» Best of luck to us all, I really hope it works.

Yes, THANKS Willy for the hard work.

» I’m very happy to see that doctors are ready to try somethings new, it
» means that there is the possibility to give new ways to the standard
» procedures… in this case of doc Jones i want know this: it’s only an
» experiment for scar revision, or he is interested about a regrowth in the
» donor area too? It could be interesting if you ask this to the doctor,
» thank’s!

There are plenty options for scar repair already. I don’t think he is looking for another option. He is “hoping” for the best scenario, ie: regrowth in the existing scar tissue. We shall see.

» Please add 1 extra question, why only repair and not use it on new
» patients?

The product from Acell is intended for wound healing. I assume Dr. Jones wants to adhere to the intended use of the product at this point before venturing into anything else.

No Problem…lets hope it turns out to be something!

The makers of Acell presumably would have tested it on humans.

AND I suppose some of those tests would have been to regrow human skin.

AND since human skin has hair follicles in it just about everywhere on the body

THEN . . .

Acell should ALREADY KNOW if skin regrown by Acell also includes regrown hair follicles.

WHY HAS NO ONE ASKED ACELL ABOUT THIS?

HAS DR. JONES ASKED THEM?

DOES DR. JONES KNOW THE ANSWER TO THIS MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION?

BECAUSE if during trials Acell regrew leg hair follicles, or chest hair follicles, or arm hair follicles, or even finger-knuckle hair follicles . . .

The chances would seem EXCELLENT for HEAD HAIR FOLLICLES ! ! !

And if not . . . . could be bad news.

» I’m pretty sure that the one doctor who e-mailed me about getting the
» product only does FUE. I will e-mail him tonight to see if he was able to
» get the product and how he plans on using it. Hopefully, he responds.

Oh boy, I hope this doctor that youre speaking of, is the doctor that im thinking of. If thats the case and this works out…hes got my money.

Looking at sceptic’s post down below this, it seems as though the powder form was the one that regrew that guys finger with the nail, and the scientists made a point of saying they dont expect such results with the ECM form.

so even if this doesnt work, theres hope that the powder form might work where the ECM falls short…but its still in experimental stages.

Ahab, according to Willy, ACELL powder has been proven to regrew skin AND HAIR in animals.

» The makers of Acell presumably would have tested it on humans.
»
» AND I suppose some of those tests would have been to regrow human skin.
»
» AND since human skin has hair follicles in it just about everywhere on the
» body
»
» THEN . . .
»
» Acell should ALREADY KNOW if skin regrown by Acell also includes regrown
» hair follicles.
»
» WHY HAS NO ONE ASKED ACELL ABOUT THIS?
»
» HAS DR. JONES ASKED THEM?
»
» DOES DR. JONES KNOW THE ANSWER TO THIS MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION?
»
» BECAUSE if during trials Acell regrew leg hair follicles, or chest hair
» follicles, or arm hair follicles, or even finger-knuckle hair follicles . .
»
» The chances would seem EXCELLENT for HEAD HAIR FOLLICLES ! ! !
»
» And if not . . . . could be bad news.

but Bill, don’t you know if doctor Jones is going to inflict a wound in the scar tissue? is he going to remove scar tissue?

» Ahab, according to Willy, ACELL powder has been proven to regrew skin AND
» HAIR in animals.

If that were human skin grafted on animals growing human hair, I’d say that is encouraging.

But if that is merely animals regrowing animal skin and animal hair–

then I am not so sure it automatically implies the same for human skin and human hair.

Animals can regrow a lot of things even without medical help.

Believe me, though: of all the people on this forum, NO ONE wants this to work more than I.

well, I assume they were normal animals, not immuno-deficient animals. That is something.

Normally, animals with grafted human skin are immuno-deficient, and thus, the experiment is worthless.

But anyways, you are right. Dogs and cats are very hairy, and thus they have a strong tendency to grow hair. This could not work in scalp hair in humans.

» » Ahab, according to Willy, ACELL powder has been proven to regrew skin
» AND
» » HAIR in animals.
»
» If that were human skin grafted on animals growing human hair, I’d say
» that is encouraging.
»
» But if that is merely animals regrowing animal skin and animal hair–
»
» then I am not so sure it automatically implies the same for human skin and
» human hair.
»
» Animals can regrow a lot of things even without medical help.
»
» Believe me, though: of all the people on this forum, NO ONE wants this to
» work more than I.

That’s exactly my point. I’m sure most people won’t remember, but we had a discussion about Acell back in January/ February when somebody posted photos of the animals treated with Acell.

At the time I mentioned I had two Dobermans who injured their legs, and decided to lick their wounds until they increased in size to outlandish proportions. Don’t ask me why, but some Dobermans are pretty stupid… they don’t know when to stop licking their wounds. My first Doberman licked approximately a 1.5"x4" piece of flesh off his rear leg… while my second Doberman decided to lick a 2"x5" portion off his front leg. Both wounds were right down to the flesh (there was no fur in sight). This happened a while back… well before Acell. Once we put cones on their heads, and treated them with antibiotics both wounds healed perfectly (fur included). My Dobermans stupidity aside, animals have it in themselves to heal fairly well. That’s one of the biggest reasons I refuse to translate acell’s success on animals to humans.

I think Acell is a remarkable product, and I do think it has potential to regrow/ stimulate dormant hair on humans… I just think the skin would have to be knocked-back to a point where Acell can interact with those dormant/ reduced hair cells… otherwise I think (like most of you guys) that it will simply regrow skin opposed to hair.

well, I assume they were normal animals, not immuno-deficient animals. That is something.

Normally, animals with grafted human skin are immuno-deficient, and thus, the experiment is worthless.

But anyways, you are right. Dogs and cats are very hairy, and thus they have a strong tendency to grow hair. This could not work in scalp hair in humans.