Dr. Jones will be treating patients with Platelet Rich Plasma

» dr. Jones, you are my hero, even if this is not gonna grow a single hair,
» it s good to have a doctor like you in our corner. none of those secretive
» bull sh-it.
can you tell us what is going in your result?

Dr. Jones, thanks for being transparent with your experiments, it saves everyone a lot of time whether it works or not.

Would you consider giving Acell another try? Some poster said he spoke with mr. mannign recently and Mr. Mannign said a doctor recently coated beard hair grafts in ACELL then transplanted on the head. He said the grafts with ACELL grew while the other died and did not grow.

This sounds like a good idea, do you think if this is worth a try using Acell? I haven’t completely given up on Acell yet.

Hi,

I was considering PRP with Dr. Jones April 27th 2009, but opted not to since my hairloss has been pretty much halted in the last 7++ years on Dutasteride.

** By the way, I’m NW2 one of the first people to document Dutasteride the very first day it came out and have been on these boards for a decade. Dr. Jones was the only doctor in the Toronto area 7-8 years ago that had even heard of DUT and was the first person to give me a prescription for it literally a few days after it was released. He has been cutting edge for quite some time. Dutasteride 0.5mg has worked very well for me in slowing down my hairloss by about 95%.

I went in on Monday for a 200 FUE touch up on the temples and he said I really didn’t need the PRP (as well, my girlfriend / fiance had some objections to this technology since it was relatively new for hairloss).

I saw the PRP equipment at the clinic, the centrifuge etc… it all looks very impressive. I sincerely hope it works. He mentioned he was going to have it done on himself sometime this week. I do have to admit, those needles looked pretty large! Much larger than the normal blood test syringes.

Dr. Jones is cutting edge, he’s a good guy. It’s nice to see someone so passionate about their work. Also, it’s comforting to see after quite a while of stagnation in the industry, we have new solutions on the horizon.

NW2 (2001) --> now NW1 (2009).

I see that Dr Feller is also now offering PRP. Spex confirmed.

So that is Choi, Greco, Jones and Feller.

It’s somehow comforting that these Docs can see something in it (even if the proof is scant at present). But if nothing else, with all these Docs beavering away, we won’t have to wait long until we see if this procedure works or not.

» » Jones has been willing to try ACELL on someone and is now trying blood
» » platlets. He’s been willing to try these new(ish) approaches to see if
» they
» » really have any efficacy. Because of him, we will be able to either
» know
» » they work, or eliminate discussion about them.
» »
» » Everyone ought to be grateful this guy is willing to undergo the extra
» » effort it takes to do this (doing it, making a blog about it, recording
» the
» » video of it, taking the time to post about it, training the employees
» that
» » work for him about it, etc). I wish him success.
» »
» »
» » Any hairs rejuvinated by the blood platlets might have a second chance
» at
» » life with continued finasteride/nizoral/minoxidil usage.
»
» I agree, finally a doctor who is willing to try for us.

Same feeling here. Even if he fails, he deserves honour mention. also lets not forget to thank the trialist in the Acell experiment. Also, lets thank Dr. Greco for sharing information with Dr.Jones.

» I see that Dr Feller is also now offering PRP. Spex
» confirmed.
»
» So that is Choi, Greco, Jones and Feller.
»
» It’s somehow comforting

Its indeed comforting. We are seeing a movement that we hadn’t seen before.
HT doctors are jumping on the “research wagon”. In the past, HT doctors were somewhat lazy, enjoying the status quo, letting the big companies to do the research, very slow research. But now they feel that they can try to research too. And this research is much faster. We will see if this movement renders any result, but at least we have another chance.

Competition is the driving force behind it all, and that’s a good thing. I don’t think any HT doctor wants to stay stuck with the old way while other HT doctors have already come up with better alternatives.

So, what happened to the blog? I can’t find anything on Dr. Jones’ site about PRP anymore. :confused: The video is still on youtube.

» So, what happened to the blog? I can’t find anything on Dr. Jones’ site
» about PRP anymore. :confused: The video is still on youtube.

Nice find or not,which ever way you want to look at it.

AS Dr Jones dropped the idea of PRP - No info on his site.

Very unusual of Dr Jones,maybe there is another reason why its been removed.

» » So, what happened to the blog? I can’t find anything on Dr. Jones’ site
» » about PRP anymore. :confused: The video is still on youtube.
»
» Nice find or not,which ever way you want to look at it.
»
» AS Dr Jones dropped the idea of PRP - No info on his site.
»
» Very unusual of Dr Jones,maybe there is another reason why its been
» removed.

maybe he s just updating his website, i think some of you need to calm down

After communicating with dr. Jones it seems that he is very confident about introducing PRP as another tool to combat hairloss.
Since we have a very good relationship with dr. Jones (he helped us introduce FUE in Europe) we have decided to offer PRP therapy soon.

During august we will get the technical devices needed for the treatment and train the staff.

Please check our website www.prohairclinic.com or contact us at info@prohairclinic.com for further information.

BV