Dr Jones Acell update today

He will post an update today so keep an eye on the webpage if you are interested.

» He will post an update today so keep an eye on the webpage if you are
» interested.

Just thinking out loud here, but I have an odd feeling there won’t be any new hair in the wound area. If I recall correctly, Acell was consistently applied to (or left on) the wound in the veterinary models. I don’t think this patient was given any Acell after the initial treatment. Moreso, I didn’t see any scabbing in the veterinary models.

» » He will post an update today so keep an eye on the webpage if you are
» » interested.
»
» Just thinking out loud here, but I have an odd feeling there won’t be any
» new hair in the wound area. If I recall correctly, Acell was consistently
» applied to (or left on) the wound in the veterinary models. I don’t think
» this patient was given any Acell after the initial treatment. Moreso, I
» didn’t see any scabbing in the veterinary models.

What ??? are you telling me he is not getting the Acell every week ! if that’s the case then for sure it wont work, this stuff works and worked only through sustained treatment of the wounded area with it until the best possible regeneration is achieved.

» » » He will post an update today so keep an eye on the webpage if you are
» » » interested.
» »
» » Just thinking out loud here, but I have an odd feeling there won’t be
» any
» » new hair in the wound area. If I recall correctly, Acell was
» consistently
» » applied to (or left on) the wound in the veterinary models. I don’t
» think
» » this patient was given any Acell after the initial treatment. Moreso, I
» » didn’t see any scabbing in the veterinary models.
»
» What ??? are you telling me he is not getting the Acell every week ! if
» that’s the case then for sure it wont work, this stuff works and worked
» only through sustained treatment of the wounded area with it until the best
» possible regeneration is achieved.

And how is the powder suppose to get in the wound when there is scab covering the wound after two days?

» » He will post an update today so keep an eye on the webpage if you are
» » interested.
»

Obviously, I hope you’re wrong about this (and I’m sure you do too), but that is why I wanted to contact as many doctors as possible about this. Hopefully, if it works at all, one of them will nail it.

this stuff works and worked
» only through sustained treatment of the wounded area with it until the best
» possible regeneration is achieved.

Proof?

Its not because Acell doesn’t grow hair, its because they didn’t follow a “veterinary model” that never suggested it would work on humans to begin with! Lets see what other excuses we can come up with. How about something with aliens? Or maybe an evil hair-transplant cartel conspiracy?

» Obviously, I hope you’re wrong about this (and I’m sure you do too), but
» that is why I wanted to contact as many doctors as possible about this.
» Hopefully, if it works at all, one of them will nail it.

For sure man. I hope I’m wrong too; I’m just trying to look at this from all perspectives.

As it stands right now, I’m confident Acell will help a great deal of people who were butchered via strip surgerory (in a cost effective manor).

» interested.

Remember, if dr Jones’ trial patient were to grow hair, it won’t be evident for some time yet–possibly not for 3 or 4 months, and likely longer than that.

Think! If you pulled out one of your hairs, it would take your existing follicle 3 - 4 months to start growing a replacement hair.

And that from a follicle that already exists.

» interested.

For Acell to grow even good, serviceable skin, then it would also need to regrow things like sweat glands.

And if–IF–Acell regrows skin complete with new sweat glands, then why not with hair follicles, too?

»
» For Acell to grow even good, serviceable skin, then it would also need to
» regrow things like sweat glands.
»
» And if–IF–Acell regrows skin complete with new sweat glands, then why
» not with hair follicles, too?

Makes perfect sense.

Dr. Jones explicitly wrote that he’s following Acell instructions. Why bother doing this experiment otherwise? He doesn’t seem to be an idiot.

» any
» consistently
» think
»
» Its not because Acell doesn’t grow hair, its because they didn’t follow a
» “veterinary model” that never suggested it would work on humans to begin
» with! Lets see what other excuses we can come up with. How about
» something with aliens? Or maybe an evil hair-transplant cartel conspiracy?

So what’s your excuse?

» any
» consistently
» think
»
» Its not because Acell doesn’t grow hair, its because they didn’t follow a
» “veterinary model” that never suggested it would work on humans to begin
» with! Lets see what other excuses we can come up with. How about
» something with aliens? Or maybe an evil hair-transplant cartel conspiracy?

Stop moaning guys, the photo is there and its healing really really nicely. Les see 3 monts from now on if new hair sprouts out.

»
» Stop moaning guys, the photo is there and its healing really really
» nicely. Les see 3 monts from now on if new hair sprouts out.

“The Acell product hopefully will allow normal hair bearing tissue on either side of the wound to grow across the wound”. No need to say anything more than that.

I agree with your statement…that statement is pretty disheartining. But, he goes on and says more.

The Acell product hopefully will allow normal hair bearing tissue on either side of the wound to grow across the wound. When this heals completely, we hope to have normal hair bearing tissue where there use to be scar. It will take a few more months to see the complete results of the experiment. If this is not successful, I plan to try another strategy along with the Acell company to try to make this work. I would ask that everyone be patient, since this is the first patient where Acell has been used in this application.

I’m a little confused by what he means by these statements. I would assume that when he says that they hope to have normal hair bearing tissue where there used to be scar that he means that he hopes that the tissue and donor hair will be regenerated. Are you guys seeing this the same way? This to me means that he at least has hope that it will regenerate hair…unless I’m misunderstanding him.

Also, when he says that he will try another strategy to make it work…I’m not sure what he means. Do you guys think that he means scarless healing or donor hair regeneration?

Take Care,
Bill

"normal hair bearing tissue on either side of the wound to grow across the wound"
This means hair inside the wound… “either side to across…”, means hairs on the scar.
If he don’t expect new hair, he say hair grow “around” the wound… around means no new hair, but follicle that is not damaged by the scar.

Its not because Acell doesn’t grow hair, its because they didn’t follow a “veterinary model” that never suggested it would work on humans to begin with! Lets see what other excuses we can come up with. How about something with aliens? Or maybe an evil hair-transplant cartel conspiracy?

fckhrls, grow up.

You started the mudslinging on this thread. YOU.

There was nothing like that going on in this thread until YOU popped up and ridiculed someone’s thought 100% unnecessarily.

It was not a stupidly-optimistic idea that you originally attacked. It was a reasonable offhand statement that was a decent contribution to the thread’s conversation, and you tore into the person out of the blue for it because it wasn’t sufficiently negative for you.

Grow up, man.

I know we’re not always entirely nice & polite on here in general, but COME ON.

Willy,

The man in question who had ACELL applied to the back of his head is a very bad case scenario to test this stuff with my friend. He simply has scar tissue all over that area. IF the extracellular tissue matrix got his tissue to regenerate…might it not just generate more scar tissue? After all, scar tissue is pretty much what was all around it. Im not trying to be negative, however A MAN WITH A GOOD HEALTHY DONOR AREA WOULD BE A MUCH MUCH BETTER TEST CASE TO RUN THIS ON.

A guy going in for a regular strip transplant, could have Jones intentionally leave the wound a fifth of an inch or so open to see if new skin and hair would form between. If it didn’t, then several months later when he is healed up enough, Dr. Jones could perform a triphocytic closure on him so he has a normal donor scar. The guy in question had a ton of scar tissue all around the cut out back there…and if ACELL just generates more of the same kind of tissue that its “replacing”, you’ll get more scar tissue in someone like this. Lets hope not, but I wondered that as soon as I saw this fellows photograph.

Im hoping for the best for this guy though…I can look and tell he has been through a lot in terms of hair surgeries.

I don’t know what to think. At this point, you guys probably have more knowledge about this stuff than I. I also hope it works for this guy…he deserves it. I’m going to call Acell this week to see if there is anything new to report. I will post what they tell me.