Dr. Hasson/ 4120 Grafts/ 15 Months/ Strip

This patient came from the UK after debating for several years whether or not to have surgical hair restoration. His hair loss was making it difficult for him to socialize with friends and with the public in general.

After visiting with Dr. Hasson and myself twice during our visits to the UK the patient finally decided to pull the trigger and come to Vancouver for a procedure. 4120 Grafts were harvested in one procedure and placed throughout the frontal half with the focus being on density.

WOW definitely one of the best I have seen lately.

I wonder what hair hairline looked like before he lost all that hair.

Out of curiosity, I know customs/immigration always ask what is the purpose of the trip, do we say we are coming for a surgical procedure or do we simply say visiting Canada?

Immigration officer can get spooked easily, it’s probably a better idea to say you are on vacation, besides you are not lying because there is really such a thing as medical tourism :slight_smile:

Absolutely do NOT just say you are coming in for vacation. Oftentimes the immigration or customs officer will ask additional questions and if you screw it up then you could be hauled off to the “special” room for interrogation. This is true for any country.

Be honest, say you are having a hair transplant. Chances are, they may ask if you are coming to see Hasson & Wong because we get so many patients that come through. I’ve seen it happen myself cause last year when my wife and I were returning home from California, and when I was asked what I do for work, I said I work for Hasson & Wong. The officer then looked at me and said, tell Jerry I said hello and winked:)

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by jotronic[/postedby]
Absolutely do NOT just say you are coming in for vacation. Oftentimes the immigration or customs officer will ask additional questions and if you screw it up then you could be hauled off to the “special” room for interrogation. This is true for any country.

Be honest, say you are having a hair transplant. Chances are, they may ask if you are coming to see Hasson & Wong because we get so many patients that come through. I’ve seen it happen myself cause last year when my wife and I were returning home from California, and when I was asked what I do for work, I said I work for Hasson & Wong. The officer then looked at me and said, tell Jerry I said hello and winked:)[/quote]

Oh that is too funny LOL, do you think if the officer is a patient of Dr. Wong?

The result looks very good. Definitely worth showing off.

4120 is a whole lot of grafts just for thickening the frontal 1/3rd and vertex. But he looks like he got a whole lot of hair to show for it.

I do think the patient’s natural (donor) hair shaft thickness may have played a role in helping achieve the result. I wonder if the same result on someone with Asian-type hair characteristics might come out looking noticeably less dense for the given number of grafts.