Dr. Greco

» » Certainly worth keeping an eye on. No good for the NW6s of us, but if
» » you’re thinning / miniaturising it could be a way of preserving them.
» Just
» » every year spend $900 and bam! Your hair is fine for a year. If it
» only
» » acts as a “keep what you’ve got” treatment it’s certainly safer and
» more
» » convenient than the current meds, and judging from the results on the
» blog,
» » more effective too.
» »
» » This could be big, as a true “maintainer” would be great news. People
» » could go for Armaniesque transplants without fear and without thinking
» » about donor conservation. Early balders could stop it in their tracks.
» »
» » Very interesting…
»
» Not fair man, I am NW6/7, so this would not help me at all??? Great.

Do not worry. We need a lot more proof.One or two photos isn’t enough.

If it was really good,why have we not had it in the press for starters.

I think is not a scam… seems very promising, and the results are good…
Remember, is FDA APPROVED, so i think is a guarantee…
I’m the thinning phase now… will be an incredible help for not lose all the hairs and wait for something better, or for a transplant… let’s follow greco…

Well it’s been on a couple of TV News reports (see his blog).

But true - a peer reviewed paper would be more satisfying (although apparently that’s “in the works”) and a helluva lot more photos.

Still, I think it’s promising, at least.

» Do not worry. We need a lot more proof.One or
» two photos isn’t enough.
»
» If it was really good,why have we not had it in the press for starters.

You are a moron. Go to his website, it is very well documented.

» You are a moron. Go to his website, it is very well documented.

I’m a moron,in that case your a dreamer - get real!

Wait and see.

There is another video, I wish someone could upload to the forum, at the end of the video the news broadcaster said:

“this thing is still in clinical trial, more testing has to be done before it is cleared for people to use”

that contradicts what the first video in this thread says, the first video says no FDA approval needed.

Did you see how much blood he has to draw? Holy smoke that’s like a 2 liter diet coke! His website is still mostly about hair transplant, perhaps this plasma therapy is not ready for the public yet otherwise he would have put more info about this on his website.

I think this comment about FDA approval is referred to PRP as a method itself, not especially for treating hair loss. PRP is used to treat different skin disorders like acne scars or wrinkles for a while. As far as I know it works fine on this field. But I dont think it has a great effect on hair follicles.
Just my opinion.

This article describes how PRP is used to treat sport injuries.

So PRP is not a method which Dr. Greco has developed.

Is there anyway we could get an interview ? Not all of us are Norwood 7, I perfectly fit that description .
I still think the guy in the video is a mixture of a Hair- transplant + the plasma rich blood
I really doubt that’s just plasma rich blood trick . he was too bald

Thanks

PS probably the best news we’ve heard in 15 yrs

– Does this actually decrease the CONTINUED loss, or is it just a Minox-like boost? Does it actually REVERSE the androgen damage being done?

– Do the gains last more than one cycle of hair growth? Is the “booster” shot next year working to give you MORE, or does it just struggle to hold onto what you got last time?

– If it works to reverse damage then it should work on even slick-bald areas. Does it?

– How many times is this procedure really gonna keep working? This could eventually prove to be more like a one-shot deal than a perpetually repeatable procedure. (Baccy’s experimentation worked very well once, but he hasn’t been able to duplicate those gains again in the two tries since then.)

GET YOUR HOPES UP AT YOUR OWN RISK.

There are tons of questions surrounding this. I think it’s a bit early to get hopes all wound up like continued hair loss has been solved once & for all. It’s encouraging for sure, but the improvement in the test patient in the video was not really that huge. If this was THE END of loss progression as we know it, then why not show off something much more cosmetically beautiful than the discussed case?

My own opinion is similar to cal, rev has been keeping in contact with Dr Greco about this, He’s posting on xconomy about it and he said Greco started of using it on a woman as a first step now he’s trying it on the crown area of a man and next he’s going to be trying it on the frontal region, And he’s also developing a second generation plasma that will give better results. I think it’s just a matter of time before he tries it on a slick bald guy.

It’s another step in the right direction and is yet more evidence that wounding helps growth.

» I still think the guy in the video is a mixture of a Hair- transplant +
» the plasma rich blood
» I really doubt that’s just plasma rich blood trick . he was too bald
»
»
» Thanks
»
» PS probably the best news we’ve heard in 15 yrs

You are right that guy is a combination of hair transplant and plasma rich blood. I think this therapy will be great for those just starting to lose hair, if they keep getting the maintenance treatment yearly they will never have to get a hair transplant ever.

Keep in mind everyone, plain old Minox can produce before/after shots just as good as this during the first year after you start using it. So can Finasteride. Or Dutasteride. Or RU58841. But none of these previous advancements have exactly won the war against MPB.

For this to be the huge watershed discovery that we hope for, the improvement it offers has to last more than just the one hair cycle following the procedure. And the gains must be compoundable session after session.

Without these two details, this procedure is basically just a once-a-year $900 blast of Minox and not much more.

And it would mean buzzing down to bare skin & wounding your scalp skin one time every year to maintain it, too. (The idea of spending 3 months out of the year, EVERY YEAR, waiting for an ugly buzzcut to grow out again . . . sucks.)

» » Not fair man, I am NW6/7, so this would not help me at all??? Great.
»
» Do not worry. We need a lot more proof.One or
» two photos isn’t enough.
»
» If it was really good,why have we not had it in the press for starters.

I mean:

1. it costs 800.
  2. it lasts up to one year
  3. its for thinners only, advanced norwoods can go to hell
  4. all photographs and evidence seems to be obviously doctored (pre photo is with flash, after photo without, the same on the damn video, even the angle is different so it doesnt expose the balding so much!)
  5. the two mpb results look like what propecia would do for you today, it doesnt look any better
  6. the only bald to hair evidence is a photograph of alopecia areata suferrer. Alopecia areata is a condition that often completely resolves itself on its own. no PRP necessary
  7. The guy on the video had probably HT done. Look up the video from the last year. The doctor says he’s using PRP to accompany his HT procedures to optimise results. The video afai remenber featured the same bloke.
  8. Its not new news, its been discussed here a year ago already!

I mean r u joking? OK, it looks like propecia alternative for thinners at the best. this is good news, but most of us take propecia already anyway!

» I think is not a scam… seems very promising, and the results are good…
» Remember, is FDA APPROVED, so i think is a guarantee…
» I’m the thinning phase now… will be an incredible help for not lose all
» the hairs and wait for something better, or for a transplant… let’s
» follow greco…

FDA approved does not mean it works
it does not really even mean its safe. though technically it SHOULD be a guarantee that the product is safe and wont kill you.

But it certainly does not mean the product works

» » I think is not a scam… seems very promising, and the results are
» good…
» » Remember, is FDA APPROVED, so i think is a guarantee…
» » I’m the thinning phase now… will be an incredible help for not lose
» all
» » the hairs and wait for something better, or for a transplant… let’s
» » follow greco…
»
» FDA approved does not mean it works
» it does not really even mean its safe. though technically it SHOULD be a
» guarantee that the product is safe and wont kill you.
»
» But it certainly does not mean the product works

Does not require FDA approval is not the same as FDA approved. This treatment does not require FDA approval.

» » » I think is not a scam… seems very promising, and the results are
» » good…
» » » Remember, is FDA APPROVED, so i think is a guarantee…
» » » I’m the thinning phase now… will be an incredible help for not lose
» » all
» » » the hairs and wait for something better, or for a transplant… let’s
» » » follow greco…
» »
» » FDA approved does not mean it works
» » it does not really even mean its safe. though technically it SHOULD be
» a
» » guarantee that the product is safe and wont kill you.
» »
» » But it certainly does not mean the product works
»
» Does not require FDA approval is not the same as FDA approved. This
» treatment does not require FDA approval.

I am not wrong, I did not say the treatment required FDA approval
I said FDA approval does not mean a product works
this is correct

I emailed them yesterday still no response maybe Hairsite could get a small Q&A based on some of the questions we have for the doctor .