Dr Craig Ziering (Histogen) answered some community questions

Without much further ado :

Q : Has there been an estimated cost for HSC injections?

A: No definite price yet but the plan would be to make it affordable to the masses!

Q: Is there any way to see photo results from the first trial?

A: Close up macroscopic pictures can be seen at histogeninc.com

Q: wanted to know if having a hair transplant now will interfere with having Histogen injections in the future?

A: No , having a transplant now will not prevent you from receiving HSC injections in the future.The great thing is that HSC works on the recipient area and has nothing to do with the donor at this time . This should give new hope to all those that have poor or no donor hair available .

Q: I dont know if any one at Histogen is taking taking questions now, but Ive heard about Pan-Asian trials but aside from Singapore I haven`t heard of any other countries in Asia taking part in the trials. Which, if any, other countries are going to take part in the trials?

A: Right now Singapore but possibly Korea as well.

Q: Usual criticism and naysayer comments

A: You make valid points but the reality is the results are positive enough for at least 10 million dollors of additional funding to have been received to continue the work Histogen is doing.
I cant tell you that HSC is the answer but I am sure that this work will at least contribute to helping the “Scientific Hair community” come up with an answer and that is what research and trials are all about.

Q: I know you spoke about the 2 year trials so far and how hairs were still present after that time. If histogen does not do much as far as growth for some, will it at least guarantee no further hair loss? Did you notice this in pre trials?

A: I dont want to mislead you as this was not directly looked at ,however the study showed a net gain in terminal hairs and hair thickness. So a net gain can have 3 components : 1. New terminal Hairs 2. Reversal of miniaturizing hairs and 3. As you suggest , the prevention or slowing down of the progressive nature of hair loss.
Also the observation that HSC increased individual hair diameter is very significant from an overall aesthetic point of view.This has the potential to be very beneficial to women and men with overall thin hair and diffuse loss.

So have fun guys have fun

» Q: Usual criticism and naysayer comments
»
» A: You make valid points but the reality is the results are positive enough
» for at least 10 million dollors of additional funding to have been received
» to continue the work Histogen is doing.
» I cant tell you that HSC is the answer but I am sure that this work will at
» least contribute to helping the “Scientific Hair community” come up with an
» answer and that is what research and trials are all about.

For 10 million dollars of additional funding, I guess a struggling biotech-company could even convince their investors that the Santa Claus in fact is a woman (with white beard).

» For 10 million dollars of additional funding, I guess a struggling
» biotech-company could even convince their investors that the Santa Claus
» in fact is a woman (with white beard).

so your saying that investors who have managed to accumulate enough money to go around investing 10 million dollars of their spare cash into bio-tech firms, are essentially dumb and easy to fool? I have my doubts.

» » For 10 million dollars of additional funding, I guess a struggling
» » biotech-company could even convince their investors that the Santa Claus
»
» » in fact is a woman (with white beard).
»
» so your saying that investors who have managed to accumulate enough money
» to go around investing 10 million dollars of their spare cash into bio-tech
» firms, are essentially dumb and easy to fool? I have my doubts.

kscchhhhhhh nonono you are a psycho and Iron.Man is always right and btw Iron.an did it again he lurks people away from discussing things by ranting again and say nonsense things.

It is highly unlikely that they invest 10 Millions to burn them and one page before Dr Ziering said " Plans for mass market"

Well i conclude with

Someone is lying here Dr Craig Ziering or Iron.Man. Now its up to you guys to deceide because i dont care. Nor do i post stuff again here, cause its not worth the time when some Iron.Man is only barfing and ranting about useless stuff here.

And more its ridicolous that some users here (who Iron.Man called psychos and more) are so desperate to get on his side only to get bitchslapped for Iron.Mans fun.

So have fun with the answered questions i didnt comment an the answers because i wanted to show that it doesnt matter what kind of stuff you do here Iron.Man still remains an idiot.

Bye bye guys

» A: I dont want to mislead you as this was not directly looked at ,however
» the study showed a net gain in terminal hairs and hair thickness. So a net
» gain can have 3 components : 1. New terminal Hairs 2. Reversal of
» miniaturizing hairs and 3. As you suggest , the prevention or slowing down
» of the progressive nature of hair loss.

Or 4, waking up follicles in the normal resting phase of the hair cycle, like Rogaine does.

Until those follicles get so tired of being awake, they start cycling again anyway.

» » For 10 million dollars of additional funding, I guess a struggling
» » biotech-company could even convince their investors that the Santa Claus
»
» » in fact is a woman (with white beard).
» ----------------------
» so your saying that investors who have managed to accumulate enough money
» to go around investing 10 million dollars of their spare cash into bio-tech
» firms, are essentially dumb and easy to fool? I have my doubts.

Come on - as LONG as something looks “promising”, HT physicians just use the hype for their own advantage …

But as soon as something goes wrong with the hype, suddenty they claim “No, no no, I never ever had something to do with that …”

And what did Dr. Farjo BEFORE the “hype” went bankrupt? He hyped it everywhere he could and like hell …

And IronMan whats your point here. You know the Hype thing could also been said about Gho cause he went bancrupt even with his hyping claims

» » » For 10 million dollars of additional funding, I guess a struggling
» » » biotech-company could even convince their investors that the Santa
» Claus
» »
» » » in fact is a woman (with white beard).
» » ----------------------
» » so your saying that investors who have managed to accumulate enough
» money
» » to go around investing 10 million dollars of their spare cash into
» bio-tech
» » firms, are essentially dumb and easy to fool? I have my doubts.
» ----------------------------------------
» Come on - as LONG as something looks “promising”, HT physicians just use
» the hype for their own advantage …
»

»
» But as soon as something goes wrong with the hype, suddenty they claim “No,
» no no, I never ever had something to do with that …”
»
» And what did Dr. Farjo BEFORE the “hype” went bankrupt? He hyped it
» everywhere he could and like hell …

… and he is still doing it (using it) again:

http://www.webmd.boots.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/hair-loss/news/20110105/new-genetic-clues-help-explain-baldness

What an xxxhole …

What has this to do with Histogen?

» What has this to do with Histogen?

Is Dr. Ziering just talking out his ass? Let me look …

Besides all the other claims he made just "out of hot air”, for instance, just THIS comment/claim (pic 2 - stem cells in the DP ??) just shows Dr. Ziering’s incompetence:

NO stem cell researcher on this planet could ever find any stem cells in or near the dermal papilla - nobody!
Normally, even the average long-time HairSite user is aware about this. Besides that, not even Histogen’s founder, Dr. Gail Naughton, made ever such incompetent claims like Dr. Ziering is making them in interviews and posts. She, Dr. Naughton, clearly mentioned (interviews etc) that many questions (as hereby incompetent depicted by Dr. Ziering simply “as is” ) can just be answered through further and controlled studies – which clearly didn’t happen until now!
In simple words, not even Histogen itself can’t have any accurate answers for many outstanding questions, besides any proof of Dr. Ziering’s claims (“out his ass” ). And the problem is, that due to such incompetent claims/comments, every serious company just looks like a snake oil company. Anyway, Dr. Gail Naughten, she is clearly NOT “any snake oil researcher”. But due to such HT doctors … oh well …

So in other words

You say that Histogen wont work and we should not bet on them. Right?

Or are you aiming for that every Surgeon is a liar? But you forgot to mention that he (Dr Ziering) is also saying that certain things CAN´T be understand right now.

Also we dont know if Dr Ziering is in fact not totally aware of the things going on and they keep him, because he is only a surgeon away from key things and feed him only few bits.

But for the future, just say what you think and then its ok, because somehow its getting strange that you begin to attack Dr Cooley, Dr Hitzig and Dr Ziering in one way.

I say its important that people do some research and if some companys can cure hairloss but they come to the cure on different roads, then thats fine with me actually.

If we got our hair back, well i wouldnt really care what he said in some posting at a message board.

Right now i can only see two things with a succesful sight, on the one hand Acell in combination with hairtransplants to expand or infinite the donor

Other hand stem cell therapy to STOP hairloss. And on both sides people are working on it.

I as a psycho pussy believe that this time something really can be accomplished for hairloss sufferers, especially when the whole community learns to get along together and work together instead of insulting and attacking each other.

All i can say you is, that some hairloss sufferers are really fed up with this and did contact some surgeons regarding acell etc, and this is a good thing.

To fight and win against hairloss is something no one can do alone by himself, its a contribution act. I hope now we are clear on this subject.

Thanks for your time

» Or are you aiming for that every Surgeon is a liar? But you forgot to
» mention that he (Dr Ziering) is also saying that certain things CAN´T be
» understand right now.
»
» Also we dont know if Dr Ziering is in fact not totally aware of the things
» going on and they keep him, because he is only a surgeon away from key
» things and feed him only few bits.
»
» But for the future, just say what you think and then its ok, because
» somehow its getting strange that you begin to attack Dr Cooley, Dr Hitzig
» and Dr Ziering in one way.
»
» I say its
» important that people do some research and if some companys can cure
» hairloss but they come to the cure on different roads, then thats fine with
» me actually.
»
» If we got our hair back, well i wouldnt really care what he said in some
» posting at a message board.
»
» Right now i can only see two things with a succesful sight, on the one hand
» Acell in combination with hairtransplants to expand or infinite the donor
»
» Other hand stem cell therapy to STOP hairloss. And on both sides people are
» working on it.
»
» I as a psycho pussy believe that this time something really can be
» accomplished for hairloss sufferers, especially when the whole community
» learns to get along together and work together instead of insulting and
» attacking each other.
»
» All i can say you is, that some hairloss sufferers are really fed up with
» this and did contact some surgeons regarding acell etc, and this is a good
» thing.
»
» To fight and win against hairloss is something no one can do alone by
» himself, its a contribution act. I hope now we are clear on this subject.
»

ASCJ9 should stop hair loss dead in it’s tracks if it does what it says (degrades the androgen receptors over time).On the website the company claims hair follicles can be influenced by Testosterone not just Di-Testosterone (as Propecia and Avodart adress) so it SHOULD be game changer.What I can’t understand for the life of me is why wasn’t a drug like this researched 10 years ago? If all these conditions some cosmetic (acne,mpb) are shared with those much more serious (enlargement of the prostate,prostate cancer) there should have been a serious effort by multiple companies to get a drug to market just like this.
» Thanks for your time

» ASCJ9 should stop hair loss dead in it’s tracks if it does what it says
» (degrades the androgen receptors over time).On the website the company
» claims hair follicles can be influenced by Testosterone not just
» Di-Testosterone (as Propecia and Avodart adress) so it SHOULD be game
» changer.

Androgen receptors have 3X greater affinity for DHT than Testosterone. So yea testosterone may also be a contributor to MPB but at a slower pace.

I was under the impression that androgen receptors can regenerate themselves. So how then would ASCJ9 work? Obviously it would have to be applied daily. I say applied because it would have to be topical rather than a pill we take orally. Because a pill taken orally could damage androgen receptors in other areas of our body like our balls or somewhere that causes impotency. Just layman talk here so don’t take anything of what I say as fact.

Anyway its good to see research going on to tackle this problem in multiple ways. Surpression of androgens and downgrading of androgen receptors should put a near complete halt on MPB… assuming you still have hair to save. But what about those who are bald.

Please stop attacking Histogen. If you attack every research company and researcher in this field (and there are so very few of them), we will soon have NO company willing to get involved in MPB research.

Im looking forward to seeing Histogens updates/ results in the near future. Hopefully in a few months we will have good news

» » ASCJ9 should stop hair loss dead in it’s tracks if it does what it says
» » (degrades the androgen receptors over time).On the website the company
» » claims hair follicles can be influenced by Testosterone not just
» » Di-Testosterone (as Propecia and Avodart adress) so it SHOULD be game
» » changer.
»
» Androgen receptors have 3X greater affinity for DHT than Testosterone. So
» yea testosterone may also be a contributor to MPB but at a slower pace.
»
» I was under the impression that androgen receptors can regenerate
» themselves. So how then would ASCJ9 work? Obviously it would have to be
» applied daily. I say applied because it would have to be topical rather
» than a pill we take orally. Because a pill taken orally could damage
» androgen receptors in other areas of our body like our balls or somewhere
» that causes impotency. Just layman talk here so don’t take anything of
» what I say as fact.
»
» Anyway its good to see research going on to tackle this problem in multiple
» ways. Surpression of androgens and downgrading of androgen receptors
» should put a near complete halt on MPB… assuming you still have hair to
» save. But what about those who are bald.
»
» Please stop attacking Histogen. If you attack every research company and
» researcher in this field (and there are so very few of them), we will soon
» have NO company willing to get involved in MPB research.

I’m not attacking Histogen at all-in fact I think they are probably the best hope near future for those of us too old to wait for the “miracle” stem cell treatments (I’m 46) and who doesn’t need THAT much more hair (had three transplants and loss has stopped via Minox and Dut).I do wish hair loss treatments would enter the 21st century and at least young guys wouldn’t have to lose their hair though.

<<so your saying that investors who have managed to accumulate enough money
to go around investing 10 million dollars of their spare cash into bio-tech
firms, are essentially dumb and easy to fool? I have my doubts.>>

There are, in fact, many people who have so much money that they invest a million or two (chump change to them) in some technology that sounds plausible to them, even if they only vaguely understand the science behind it (and thus have no real idea of how likely it is to pan out).

» <<so your saying that investors who have managed to accumulate enough
» money
» to go around investing 10 million dollars of their spare cash into
» bio-tech
» firms, are essentially dumb and easy to fool? I have my doubts.>>
»
» There are, in fact, many people who have so much money that they invest a
» million or two (chump change to them) in some technology that sounds
» plausible to them, even if they only vaguely understand the science behind
» it (and thus have no real idea of how likely it is to pan out).

most people with that kind of money are investors. Basically it is their job to examine the future perspective of their investments. If they would just invest money without taking risk and potential into regard and consideration, then soon enough they wont be having that kind of money. Simply investing in what sounds plausible is not the best tactic and I think, it is rarely pursued in the free market.

<<most people with that kind of money are investors. Basically it is their job to examine the future perspective of their investments. If they would just invest money without taking risk and potential into regard and consideration, then soon enough they wont be having that kind of money.>>

The person who has, say, $100,000,000 and decides to toss $500,000 at an investment that tickles his fancy isn’t risking his fortune.

That Histogen has raised $10 million (an amount that represents a vast fortune to all of us) in funding is great for them, but in the world of venture capital it’s relatively small potatoes.

» <<most people with that kind of money are investors. Basically it is their
» job to examine the future perspective of their investments. If they would
» just invest money without taking risk and potential into regard and
» consideration, then soon enough they wont be having that kind of money.>>
»
» The person who has, say, $100,000,000 and decides to toss $500,000 at an
» investment that tickles his fancy isn’t risking his fortune.
»
» That Histogen has raised $10 million (an amount that represents a vast
» fortune to all of us) in funding is great for them, but in the world of
» venture capital it’s relatively small potatoes.

Yeah but no but yeah i wouldnt stick my attention to the money raised its not that important to me