Dr. Cole Patient ; Nthmainneighbor BHT Progress Video

I found a server to park a decent resolution video of my BHT progress.

BHT requires more work to get a good result. I am making progress and have a great deal of donor resources left for continued repair work. I shot the video outside on a sunny day in the shade.

Video

I should say its a nice result considering (1) the extent of baldness and (2) its a BHT.

Thanks for sharing. Whats the density of grafts in the hairline?
And whats the total number of grafts?

Looks great and the effect of the coverage is dramatic with a refined look, helped along by the effect of your grey hair.

Very nice improvment. Do you have any pictures of the donor area?

» Very nice improvment. Do you have any pictures of the donor area?

Wow, very nice BHT result.

» Very nice improvment. Do you have any pictures of the donor area?

Here are a couple related to my first surgery Dec. 05 (1200 back hair - 200 scalp)

and October 07 nearly 2 years later with my back shaved down.

What’s with the ACDC song Long way to the top? Do they know that it’s being used in a hair transplant video? And what’s with the images at the end? Bizarre!

The server got slammed with activity and now the link resolves to a unrelated site. I will be getting my own proper website soon. I have a crisp, high resolution (720x480) video that I will post ASAP.

David, please remove the link in my first post.

Thanks

How big is the file? Can you email me the file? I can upload that to my server.

» How big is the file? Can you email me the file? I can upload that to my
» server.

The File is 26.7MB

I will send you a link on an HTML page where you can Right-Click then download.

If 26MB is a bit large, I can tighten up a few areas of the video.

Thanks

Please email me the link. I will download the video. I can upload that to my server and give you a link for the video, no problem with bandwith.

Will have to resize the video if we are to have the video play automatically when people open the post.

Thanks.

» Please email me the link. I will download the video. I can upload that to
» my server and give you a link for the video, no problem with bandwith.
»
» Will have to resize the video if we are to have the video play
» automatically when people open the post.
»
» Thanks.

I re-exported the video as wmv 320x240 and emailed the download link to you.

Thanks

Here is the link to the video I put together of my BHT progress. The exceeded bandwidth issue has been resolved, at least for now.

Video

» I should say its a nice result considering (1) the extent of baldness and
» (2) its a BHT.
»
» Thanks for sharing. Whats the density of grafts in the hairline?
» And whats the total number of grafts?

carrot:
I need to get that information from Dr. Cole’s clinic. I think the hairline was placed at around 28-35 grafts per sq. centimeter during each individual pass. As far as the total grafts placed overall… I believe it is somewhere under 5000, but I would need to verify that. The back of my head still looks bald, but not freaky bald like it was 2 years ago. As you saw in the video, I had some nasty shotgun scarring in the back. That is about 85% hidden with two passes of body hair.

This is an exciting time in my life. Having hair again makes one look and feel much younger. I am very grateful to Dr. Cole and his staff for all of their great work.

Since new people come to the forum daily, I will re-cap some of my history.

In 1979, (at 27 years old) I had the Bosley Medical Group perform several surgeries including a scalp reduction. The hair grew, but never looked natural. I was embarassed being seen in public. Many people through the years have made negative comments about my hair. As I have grown older, my hair turned grey/white. The plugginess became less obvious because my donor areas thinned and there was less scalp/dark hair contrast. I was told that the hair on the sides and back of my head was permanent and would grow for the rest of my life. This is not entirely true. My hair thinned on the sides and back of my head and the shotgun scars began to show through. This was a sickening experience. I thought to myself that a doctor somewhere must have tried transplanting body hair into scars. I did a Google search and discovered Dr. Woods success with repairing patients using body hair. I would have travelled to Australia, but found that a local Atlanta area doctor was also having success using body hair for repair work. I made an appointment for a consultation at Dr. Cole’s office. I did a mapquest search and was stunned that Dr. Cole’s office was within walking distance of my home.

Dr. Cole is a perfectionist. I consider he and his staff to be amoung my best of friends. They have gone above and beyond in helping me to look normal and feel good about being seen in public without a hat.

» Here is the link to the video I put together of my BHT progress. The
» exceeded bandwidth issue has been resolved, at least for now.
»
» Video

Looking really good!!!

» I found a server to park a decent resolution video of my BHT progress.
»
» BHT requires more work to get a good result. I am making progress and have
» a great deal of donor resources left for continued repair work. I shot the
» video outside on a sunny day in the shade.
»
» Video

Aye neighbor,

Did you have anymore recent work done?

Aye neighbor,
Did you have anymore recent work done?

My most recent surgery was November 7th and 8th 2007. Today I am one month out. It will be interesting to see if the growth timeline and pattern is similar to the last 3 surgeries. My third surgery began growing at just under 2 months.

» Aye neighbor,
» Did you have anymore recent work done?

»
» My most recent surgery was November 7th and 8th 2007. Today I am one month
» out. It will be interesting to see if the growth timeline and pattern is
» similar to the last 3 surgeries. My third surgery began growing at just
» under 2 months.

Do you think that BHT is better after testing? I am so amazed at your growth. How about your test session, did it go well and was it successful with each donor area on the body?

Mwinston wrote:
“Do you think that BHT is better after testing? I am so amazed at your growth. How about your test session, did it go well and was it successful with each donor area on the body?”

I have heard that some men get good BHT growth with higher density placement. Like many other BHT patients, I get good growth when the grafts are initially placed at lower densities. Here is the link to the study:
forhair . com / articles / articles/hair-loss-density-study . html

» Mwinston wrote:
» “Do you think that BHT is better after testing? I am so amazed at your
» growth. How about your test session, did it go well and was it successful
» with each donor area on the body?”

»
» I have heard that some men get good BHT growth with higher density
» placement. Like many other BHT patients, I get good growth when the grafts
» are initially placed at lower densities. Here is the link to the study:
»

Im not impressed with the video, bht has a long way to go.