Dr.Cole - "new technique"?

» It was offered to me 2 years ago at a price in between the amounts above.

Did you take him up on the offer? If not, why ?

» » It was offered to me 2 years ago at a price in between the amounts
» above.
»
» Did you take him up on the offer? If not, why ?

If that is the case why has it taken this long for it to be announced.

» » It was offered to me 2 years ago at a price in between the amounts
» above.
»
» Did you take him up on the offer? If not, why ?

I didn’t…and it wasn’t any new technology that I’m aware of. I think he had a couple last minute open slots. I didn’t do it because I would probably require 6k+ grafts for a full restoration and this slot only allowed 1k. As a norwood 5ish, I think I would have looked stupid with just 1k grafts.

"The negative to CIT/FUE is shaving the head and cost. You no longer need to shave any part of your head and cost is about to become a non-factor. Our newest technology is going to change those variables for good."
This sounds like his clinic intends to offer FUE at (or close to) the cost of FUT.

"The negative to CIT/FUE is shaving the head and cost. You no longer need to shave any part of your head and cost is about to become a non-factor. Our newest technology is going to change those variables for good."
I must admit, this “newest technology” bit has my curiosity peaked. Obviously one of the biggest reasons FUE costs more is because it requires the surgeon to individually remove the follicles. Perhaps Dr Cole decided to bypass the small hair punch in favor grabbing the patient by the back of their head and rip out a clump of their hair with his bare hands (you know… like in a cat fight between two crazy women lol).

» I must admit, this “newest technology” bit has my curiosity peaked.
» Obviously one of the biggest reasons FUE costs more is because it requires
» the surgeon to individually remove the follicles. Perhaps Dr Cole decided
» to bypass the small hair punch in favor grabbing the patient by the back
» of their head and rip out a clump of their hair with his bare hands (you
» know… like in a cat fight between two crazy women lol).
»

LOL, I almost pee in my pants :smiley: he probably feels that way toward some difficult patients.

» Well, when he used the term “NON FACTOR”, I would expect something more
» drastic. Let’s face it, even $5 per graft is out of reach for the majority
» and it IS a factor for a lot of us. He should have worded his announcement
» more carefully and there will be no unrealistic expectations.

There will always be people who can’t afford cosmetic surgery. You may be able to afford $2 or $3 a graph, but there are plenty of people who can’t. So, should doctors charge what everyone can afford? Heck, I’d like $2 dollar graphs, too, but the fact is, the market sets prices. That said, Dr Cole seems to be indicating that he is about to charge less and make the procedure more convenient. That’s great news in my book.

Let’s look again at his comments: “The negative to CIT/FUE is shaving the head and cost. You no longer need to shave any part of your head and cost is about to become a non-factor.” When he says “cost is about to become a non-factor”, it is the cost of CIT/FUE, not hair transplants in general. He currently charges $6 per graft for strip. The way he phrased his comments about the new technology suggest to me that he is going to charge the same for CIT/FUE that he charges for strip. In other words, $6. Thus, his announcement is probably worded very carefully. It says, “Hey, you know how strip is cheaper than CIT/FUE, and you have to shave your head? That’s about to change.”

That’s my guess.

» 6000 grafts at 2$ a graft is still $12000. Even if he only clears half in
» revenue, which is probably conservative, he still gets $6000. So $6000 for
» 2 days work. Why is that unrealistic? If only he works 300 days a year,
» he still clears $900,000…oh how will he feed the kids?

Well, I don’t know what all of his expenses are. Do you? I’m sure he makes a great living, but going to medical school and being on the cutting edge of his area of medicine should carry some financial reward, don’t you think?

It’s bizarre that the guy sends out the signal that he has improved technology so that prices will drop and we won’t have to shave our heads, and some people use that as an opportunity to suggest he is greedy.

» transplants in general. He currently charges $6 per graft for strip. The
» way he phrased his comments about the new technology suggest to me that he
» is going to charge the same for CIT/FUE that he charges for strip. In other
» words, $6. Thus, his announcement is probably worded very carefully.
» It says, “Hey, you know how strip is cheaper than CIT/FUE, and you have to
» shave your head? That’s about to change.”
»
» That’s my guess.

Another possibility, not as good, is that he is saying that the cost of a non-shaven CIT/FUE ($10 per graph) is being dropped to the cost of a shaven CIT/FUE ($8 per graph). Thus, whether it is shaven or not becomes the non-factor with the new technology, not whether it is CIT/FUE or strip.

That said, I think my previous guess is right. I think the cost of CIT and the cost of strip will be the same, because the new technology somehow makes the removal of the donor hair quicker and easier.

Whatever the case, everyone will know soon.

I dont think that it will go down below 5$ a graft.

He is calling the new technology C2G… Any thoughs on what the C and G stand for?

Its on the front page of his website now:

» » It is a big deal if Dr Cole drops his prices nearer to Dr Umar’s
» » and doesn’t require you to buzz your hair like Dr Umar does.
» What
» » do you expect, that he will drop his prices to $2 or $3 a graph? People
» » need to be realistic.
»
» 6000 grafts at 2$ a graft is still $12000. Even if he only clears half in
» revenue, which is probably conservative, he still gets $6000. So $6000 for
» 2 days work. Why is that unrealistic? If only he works 300 days a year,
» he still clears $900,000…oh how will he feed the kids?

First of all, he has paid his dues. Second, I can assure you the cost of living in Atlanta is extremely high. That translates to high rents, high costs for assistants, etc. Have you heard of insurance? With our litigious society, you know that the costs for that are super high.

Your statement only he works 300 days a year shows that you probably don’t work very much. Taking weekends off alone accounts for 104 days out of 365. That doesn’t count for being sick, actual vacations and holidays.

BTW, an NBA player making $16,000,000 a year makes $195,000 per game for 60 minutes each game of which they are likely to play a maximum of 45 minutes. The NBA player doesn’t have to start a practice (taking a risk, etc.). Now that is perverse, but it is what it is…

I’m sure he makes an extremely nice living, but he has earned it by working his butt off. You have the same opportunity, exercise your right and go get it :slight_smile:

» Well, I don’t know what all of his expenses are. Do you? I’m sure he makes
» a great living, but going to medical school and being on the cutting edge
» of his area of medicine should carry some financial reward, don’t you
» think?
»
» It’s bizarre that the guy sends out the signal that he has improved
» technology so that prices will drop and we won’t have to shave our heads,
» and some people use that as an opportunity to suggest he is greedy.

Who said he was greedy? I’m merely suggesting that $2 a graft is reasonable and he still makes a profit. Ok, working 300 days a year was probably unrealistic, but if I made that much per day I would work some weekends. :slight_smile:

What does C2C stand for?

readyfreddy
What does C2C stand for?

I think you meant C2G, and – as mentioned earlier – I think C2G stands for Crazy 2 Girls. I suspect Dr. Cole will replace the tedious and costly task of manually plucking hairs with a small hair punch in favor of using crazy women to yank large clumps of hair from the back of the patient’s head. Crazy women are cheap, and if you ever watched a cat fight, you’ll know they can pull hair more efficiently than any skilled medical practitioner.

RickH you said you are supposed to see Dr. Cole today, have you met him yet? Did you ask him about this new technology ?

Thanks.

» RickH you said you are supposed to see Dr. Cole today, have you met him
» yet? Did you ask him about this new technology ?
»
» Thanks.

Yes, I saw him. At the end of the consultation, I asked him about the new technology. He just smiled really big, told me that it was something he’s been working on for several years, and said we’d be hearing about it in (I think) the next week or so. He didn’t give me any details about it. I can tell he’s excited about bringing it online, though. Whatever it is, it is an improvement, so I’m happy. I’m also very curious! :wink:

» » RickH you said you are supposed to see Dr. Cole today, have you met him
» » yet? Did you ask him about this new technology ?
» »
» » Thanks.
»
» Yes, I saw him. At the end of the consultation, I asked him about the new
» technology. He just smiled really big, told me that it was something he’s
» been working on for several years, and said we’d be hearing about it in (I
» think) the next week or so. He didn’t give me any details about it.
» I can tell he’s excited about bringing it online, though. Whatever it is,
» it is an improvement, so I’m happy. I’m also very curious! :wink:

Did he say what does C2G stand for? Did he talk about pricing with you? Did he offer you the new price or the old price?

» » » RickH you said you are supposed to see Dr. Cole today, have you met
» him
» » » yet? Did you ask him about this new technology ?
» » »
» » » Thanks.
» »
» » Yes, I saw him. At the end of the consultation, I asked him about the
» new
» » technology. He just smiled really big, told me that it was something
» he’s
» » been working on for several years, and said we’d be hearing about it in
» (I
» » think) the next week or so. He didn’t give me any details about
» it.
» » I can tell he’s excited about bringing it online, though. Whatever it
» is,
» » it is an improvement, so I’m happy. I’m also very curious! :wink:
»
» Did he say what does C2G stand for? Did he talk about pricing with you?
» Did he offer you the new price or the old price?

It stands for CIT 2 Go… So basically it stands for Cole Isolation Technique to Go. Now this has me VERY curious as Dr. Cole has experimented with hair mulitplication, graft splitting etc etc etc. This is definitley new and he clearly has been quoted that cost is not going to be a factor anymore.

» Did he say what does C2G stand for? Did he talk about pricing with you?
» Did he offer you the new price or the old price?

No, no, and no. :slight_smile: You know everything I know. I mentioned it to him to see if he wanted to talk about it yet, and he clearly wasn’t ready to. But, if the new technology comes online in the next couple of weeks - which I think is what may happen - the new pricing will be in place by the time I go in for a procedure sometime in April. If the new technology isn’t in place by April, I’ll probably wait, because my strip scars prohibit my shaving my head.