Dr Bisanga Repair

Hello all

I felt I should post as I recently saw a thread concerning my Armani transplant which I had a few years ago.

I posted my results a while back under the name Stingray. However, I can no longer log in under that name. Perhaps it is an computer error…

Here is a before picture…

I had 2425 grafts. This is the results after a 13 months:

You can see the full thread that I posted at the time on this site here: Original Stingray Thread

I was offered a free “touch up” by Pats which I declined.

I would like to make clear that I at no point sought compensation or a refund from Dr Armani. I am not seeking them now either. I post these pictures purely as information. Only facts have been presented and I offer no opinion.

After a couple of years and meeting with several other doctors I decided to repair my hairline with Dr Bisanga.

On the 25th March I had 1000 grafts in the hairline at the BHR clinic in Brussels. Dr Bisanga recommended around 1800 grafts but after my previous HT experience I was wary about committing too many grafts to FUE. BHR agreed to do the procedure over two session.

I can only describe the experience a BHR as excellent. I am 4.5 months out of the procedure and I am already very pleased with my progress. My only regret is that I didn’t go for the full 1800 as they suggested. However, it was so easy going over to Brussels (I live in London) and the procedure was relatively easy that I am not too worried about going back for part 2.

Here is a couple before pics taken by BHR:

Here is a picture immediately post op - you can see it just concentrated on the hairline (as requested by me) leaving a space behind to be filled in on the next procedure:

:

I will take some picture today and post them below of where I am at the moment (ie 4 and half months post op).

After some of the recent posts on here I just wanted to set the record straight.

Stingray

These were all taken today. I am 4 and a half months out from my procedure with Dr Bisanga. I had 1000 grafts to the hairline - FUE.

» These were all taken today. I am 4 and a half months out from my procedure
» with Dr Bisanga. I had 1000 grafts to the hairline - FUE.
»

@SR - Looks good for ONLY 1000 grafts and for 4.5 months. Keep us updated.

One thing very apparent in your case is that you seem to be holding your existing hairs pretty well over the period. What regime you follow? Are you on Fin?

» » These were all taken today. I am 4 and a half months out from my
» procedure
» » with Dr Bisanga. I had 1000 grafts to the hairline - FUE.
» »
»
» @SR - Looks good for ONLY 1000 grafts and for 4.5 months. Keep us
» updated.
»
» One thing very apparent in your case is that you seem to be holding your
» existing hairs pretty well over the period. What regime you follow? Are you
» on Fin?

Yes, been on Fin and minox for many years.

thank you for setting the record str8 and posting honest photos showing the true results of your first procedure. your repiar looks great and once you have the space filled in you mentioned it looks as if you will be exactly where you want to be.

Hey Stingray,

Thanks for posting. Been following your case because its one of the few examples of an Armani transplant that had very poor yield. Great to see that Dr. Bisanga was able to get the grafts to survive!

I’m really split between these two docs. Armani has slightly better artistic skills in my opinion, but its not worth it if the grafts don’t survive! Dr. Bisanga seems to be very careful and does most if not all of the work himself from what I understand.

Congrats.

Anomaly

Hey Stingray,

Do you have any donor pics showing what your donor looked like after Dr. Armani’s FUE but before Dr. Bisanga’s FUE? Was there any visible white dot scarring? Could you please post these pics if you have them?

thanks

Hi, I am sure Stingray will give you his experience but speaking from the clinic, Dr. Bisanga punches the follicular units manually, he will, or on occasions his chosen technician then extracts the grafts from the donor. The doc then makes the placement sites for his Tech Placement team to place the grafts, occasionally he will place some but generally the Tech team place.

» Hi, I am sure Stingray will give you his experience but speaking from the
» clinic, Dr. Bisanga punches the follicular units manually, he will, or on
» occasions his chosen technician then extracts the grafts from the donor.
» The doc then makes the placement sites for his Tech Placement team to place
» the grafts, occasionally he will place some but generally the Tech team
» place.

How many FUE cases Dr. Bisanga handles in a day?

As requested here are a couple pictures of my donor after my first procedure with Dr Armani. They were taken the day of my surgery with Dr Bisanga.

» I had 2425 grafts. This is the results after a 13 months:
»

»
»
» Here is a couple before pics taken by BHR:
»
»

Hey. Wanted to ask how your hair can look pretty good on the first pic (is there any products on your hair?) and at the same time on the second pic they look really thin (i see you have here wet hair and this is probably the resason that they look so thin)? How many months (days) between those 2 pics has been exactly when they were taken?

» Hey. Wanted to ask how your hair can look pretty good on the first pic (is
» there any products on your hair?) and at the same time on the second pic
» they look really thin (i see you have here wet hair and this is probably
» the resason that they look so thin)? How many months (days) between those 2
» pics has been exactly when they were taken?

The hair looks OK in the first pic as the existing hair is brushed over to cover the thin area. To be honest I can’t remember if there is any product in my hair in that picture as it was taken quite a while ago. I don’t think so though. The second pic is with wet hair which shows the full extent of the loss. There is about a year inbetween the two pictures.

The other pic I posted with the orange background is with dry hair and no product in my hair.

Looking good Stingray. Long time! :slight_smile:

One of many qustions I have, where any of the Armani grafts removed / repositioned in the procedure?

» Looking good Stingray. Long time! :slight_smile:
»
» One of many qustions I have, where any of the Armani grafts removed /
» repositioned in the procedure?

Hey RR

No, none of the old grafts were repositioned or removed. I am happy with the design of the original hairline. It was just nowhere near dense enough.

SR

Stingray,

Could you tell us a little more about what Dr. Bisanga’s plan is for you, part 2? Was the 1800 grafts he recommended all for part 1, or would this have taken care of part 2 as well? How many grafts does he recommend for part 2? All FUE again? Is it just going behind the hairline, or in back too?

How is your donor density? For 4.5 months your results look just as good as the best I’ve seen. Please tell us a little more about this and your experience with Dr. Bisanga.

» Stingray,
»
» Could you tell us a little more about what Dr. Bisanga’s plan is for you,
» part 2? Was the 1800 grafts he recommended all for part 1, or would this
» have taken care of part 2 as well? How many grafts does he recommend for
» part 2? All FUE again? Is it just going behind the hairline, or in back
» too?
»
» How is your donor density? For 4.5 months your results look just as good
» as the best I’ve seen. Please tell us a little more about this and your
» experience with Dr. Bisanga.

Hi Gunther

Apologies for the delayed reply. I have just moved flats so am a bit all over the place at the moment.

I will try and answer your questions.

Dr Bisanga recommended 1800 grafts to cover the front 3rd minus the forelock which is pretty strong. The first procedure we did 1000 which was just for the hairline. I am planning on going back (at some point next year) to have the additional 800 or so (depending on additional loss) to fill in the area behind the hairline which at the moment I need to conceal with products like nanogen and toppik. Bear in mind that I did have some existing transplanted hair from my first procedure with Dr Armani so I wouldn’t use me as a gauge for predicting amounts of grafts needed.

The next procedure will be fue but I haven’t ruled out the possibility of having a strip procedure in the future. I discussed this with Dr Bisanga and he avoided choosing grafts in the area where the strip would potentially be taken so as to maximise the yield of any strip procedure I have in the future. As for my existing donor density, I think it is OK. I think my virgin density was slightly above average with a high number of 2/3/4 hair groupings. My hair is very thick (ie the width of each individual shaft) so that helps too. Saying that, I have already had 3425 fue grafts removed and I am all too aware that the number of future grafts I can extract is limited. So far, I can’t tell a difference in the density of my donor region but that wouldn’t be the case after another 3000 grafts.

I am very happy with the results so far from my procedure with Dr Bisanga which is evidenced by the fact that I will be returning there for more work. I would especially recommend him for any of the guys based in Europe. Having traveled 6000 miles for a HT in the past, I can tell you that traveling 200 miles to Brussels is a piece of cake.

I know I owe some updated pictures. Will dig out my camera at month 6 (2 weeks away) and post.

Best,

SR

==============
Sep 25, 2010

Hey guys

I’m at 6 months today. I am very happy with my progress and have booked my second pass with Dr Bisanga for the spring next year.

Pics are below. I have died the gray and there is a bit of wax in my hair but nothing else. You can see that the area which was implanted is looking really strong. The area behind is a bit thin but will be sorted next year.

I am really pleased to be able to leave the house without concealer for the first time in years.

Feel free to make any comments or questions.

All the best,

SR