Dr. Bisanga Repair/ Patient\'s Prospective... Hairtech

This is a patient’s prospective during a repair that occurred over the weekend in Belgium. I like the story’s commentary from the patient. This shows not a single hint of patient “coaching”, or free grafts for posting, and the photography is untouched by any manipulative programs such as photoshop… something rare.

Hello,

I have been a long time reader of this forum, and your posts have help me a lot to decide myself for a doctor, now I want to show you my case (sorry for my English, hope you all understand):

About 6 or 7 years ago I have 2 operations with a spanish doctor Rovira, that were very mediocre and left 2 queloides scars, you can see the results in the pics.

So I decided to go with Doctor Bisanga after a consultation with him in Madrid last April, I also look for cases of other doctors in this and other forums, he told me I would need about 2.700 grafts and he would remove some of the previous grafts and also 1 of the scars.

This month I booked a day and travel from Spain to Brussels, I arrive at the airport at 3 pm and took a train and 2 trams to a hotel very close to the clinic, I was very nervous and couldn’t harder sleep at all.

The next day, Wednesday 14th of November, I arrive at the clinic at 7:20 am and there was Philip, (I send you regards from here) he give me a document to sign before the operation, the document was in my language (Spanish) and I was left alone to read it carefully.

After that Doctors Bisanga and Lupazula (I might be writing his surname wrong, sorry!) start to planned the operation, the look at the density of my donor area, elasticity and at the previous scars, doctor Bisanga told me that I had a good donor area and elasticity but that he couldn’t remove none of the previous scars, because of its location, so we decide to put some grafts in them, we decided the first line design, it was easy, I have been practising at home with a pencil, and I did not want to lower the line just one of the temples as you can see in the pictures. They shave the first line and the temples, took some pics and we move into the operation room, they took the strip out and 3 or 4 technicians start working on it as Doctor Bisanga start making the “holes”.

We make a stop for lunch about 13:00 pm and continue the process until 20:00 pm, I watch about 5 movies, but at the end I was very tired, during the process all the team was very talkative and nice with me, after that I took the post op pics, and Philip give me the post op instructions (in spanish) and explain them to me.

I went to my hotel (about 1-2 minutes walking from the clinic) ask for some ice and try to sleep which I couldn´t do more than 4 hours, the next day I went to the clinic and Doctor Lupazula (that surname again:-) look at the scars and grafts and said all was ok,
so I took a taxi to the airport and left to home.

The final numbers were 2.742 grafts divided in:

1 hair graft: 498
2 hair graft: 1404
3 hair graft: 634
4 hair graft: 206

75 grafts from previous procedures were remove and relocated.

I hope this helps other people in my situation, all of your comments about what you think of the number of grafts used, line design etc… and questions will be very well welcome.

I don´t have a camera so I don´t know if I can post many pics of the future months, but I will take a good quality pictures and the end of the process in a year or so.

» This is a patient’s prospective during a repair that occurred over the
» weekend in Belgium. I like the story’s commentary from the patient. This
» shows not a single hint of patient “coaching”, or free grafts for posting,
» and the photography is untouched by any manipulative programs such as
» photoshop… something rare.
»
» ____________
» Hello,
»
» I have been a long time reader of this forum, and your posts have help me
» a lot to decide myself for a doctor, now I want to show you my case (sorry
» for my English, hope you all understand):
»
» About 6 or 7 years ago I have 2 operations with a spanish doctor Rovira,
» that were very mediocre and left 2 queloides scars, you can see the
» results in the pics.
»
» So I decided to go with Doctor Bisanga after a consultation with him in
» Madrid last April, I also look for cases of other doctors in this and
» other forums, he told me I would need about 2.700 grafts and he would
» remove some of the previous grafts and also 1 of the scars.
»
» This month I booked a day and travel from Spain to Brussels, I arrive at
» the airport at 3 pm and took a train and 2 trams to a hotel very close to
» the clinic, I was very nervous and couldn’t harder sleep at all.
»
» The next day, Wednesday 14th of November, I arrive at the clinic at 7:20
» am and there was Philip, (I send you regards from here) he give me a
» document to sign before the operation, the document was in my language
» (Spanish) and I was left alone to read it carefully.
»
» After that Doctors Bisanga and Lupazula (I might be writing his surname
» wrong, sorry!) start to planned the operation, the look at the density of
» my donor area, elasticity and at the previous scars, doctor Bisanga told
» me that I had a good donor area and elasticity but that he couldn’t remove
» none of the previous scars, because of its location, so we decide to put
» some grafts in them, we decided the first line design, it was easy, I have
» been practising at home with a pencil, and I did not want to lower the line
» just one of the temples as you can see in the pictures. They shave the
» first line and the temples, took some pics and we move into the operation
» room, they took the strip out and 3 or 4 technicians start working on it
» as Doctor Bisanga start making the “holes”.
»
» We make a stop for lunch about 13:00 pm and continue the process until
» 20:00 pm, I watch about 5 movies, but at the end I was very tired, during
» the process all the team was very talkative and nice with me, after that I
» took the post op pics, and Philip give me the post op instructions (in
» spanish) and explain them to me.
»
» I went to my hotel (about 1-2 minutes walking from the clinic) ask for
» some ice and try to sleep which I couldn´t do more than 4 hours, the next
» day I went to the clinic and Doctor Lupazula (that surname again:-) look
» at the scars and grafts and said all was ok,
» so I took a taxi to the airport and left to home.
»
» The final numbers were 2.742 grafts divided in:
»
» 1 hair graft: 498
» 2 hair graft: 1404
» 3 hair graft: 634
» 4 hair graft: 206
»
» 75 grafts from previous procedures were remove and relocated.
»
» I hope this helps other people in my situation, all of your comments about
» what you think of the number of grafts used, line design etc… and questions
» will be very well welcome.
»
» I don´t have a camera so I don´t know if I can post many pics of the
» future months, but I will take a good quality pictures and the end of the
» process in a year or so.
»
»

Hi,

Are there any new repair results of Bisanga’s?

I will ask.

» Hi,
»
» Are there any new repair results of Bisanga’s?

Hi whatahair,

I will post a repair case in the few next days, thanks.

The patient wrote back again…

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:49 am Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,

Thank you all for your comments, the are very apreciated!!

Mark2007: I paid the normal prices BHR have, you can see them at their site, 2.85€ X graft strip, plus the removed grafts. Each case is different (I have 2 previous scars, a lot of bad grafts with a lot of hairs in the first line etc) so better ask Philip from BHR about your case.

mango: I already named him, Doctor Rovira from Barcelona, at the time I made a research all over Spain and I find it was the best I could find, I made consultations with 5 doctors, in Spain there is no good hair doctor as I later learn from reading a lot this and other forums and saw a lot of photos. Dr Rovira is one of the best known plastic suergeons in Spain but he can´t compare to doctors outside Spain and also he makes all kind of procedures.

Hairtech: Thank you, I also see that you put my case in hairsite.com.

Philb: You are not the one asking about the camera, I will wait til xmas…

Stacy1: hairtech made a great explanation about the dots, just wanna say I dind´t notice them until I saw the photos and then when I wash my hair the first days, this is my 7th day after op and they are visible.

Also I want to notice about some big holes you can see in my first line after the procedure, these are the places were the old grafts were put and now remove, some of them were very low from the first line and were not substitute for 1 hair grafts, afeter the 1st day I couldn´t notice the holes except 1 or 2 that look to be healing well.

Also about the queloide of the scars Doctor Bisanga told me that you can put cortisona on them, in a year or more in the clinic also.

Thanks and regards

» I will ask.

sorry i might have missed it but what year was the original HT done in?