Dr. Bisanga or Dr. Armani

Ok I got an answer from a representative… Comments are welcome and thank you Armani and pals for a quick response!

Thomas,

Good Evening and thank you for your email. It will be my pleasure to answer the majority of your questions.

Our record is in fact 5200 FUE but we do not look for records, we are only interested in perfect results. Our aim is quality. AlviArmani have a number of proprietary technologies and highly trained staff that allow this to be performed at this speed. This procedure takes a full day to accomplish. Our grafts are taken safely and we do not separate naturally occurring follicles. If we take a 2 or 3 hair follicle then it is implanted as such. The average works out at around 1.5 - 2 hairs per follicle and as such a 4000FUE case will amount to around 6-7,000 hairs.

We have a variety of punch sizes, but they are no larger than the width of the follicle that we are extracting. Each patient is unique so it is impossible to give an exact answer on what punch size we use as it varies patient to patient. We base our donor availability once again on what each patient can offer. The average donor region has around 40,000 grafts of which we can extract 50% without affecting the look of the donor region. It is important to remember that each patient is unique; as such we need to manage the expectation of all patients based on their own expectation and what is achievable from their donor area.

Finally the measurement for the eyebrows to the hairline is 50% of the distance from eyebrows to bottom of chin. This is based on ancient theory and particularly the Vitruvian Man designed by Leonardo da Vinci and Marcus Vitruvius Polio. Each patient has different size heads so there is no set measurement. This also depends upon the expectation of the patient, some like to lower hairlines and some prefer a more mature hairline.

I hope this has answered the majority of your questions in full. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require any further information.

Regards

James Brookman

Alvi Armani

My response to the email is my own opinion and should not be construed as nothing more. I don’t have actual proof or have worked or visited this clinic. And any comment I say here in response to the email is my own psychoanalysis based on previous work and/or experience. Comments I make here are not necessarily pointing to what the email was saying. Just my own observations.

Well my analysis is this… key things to pick out of the letter…

1. First off, a quick response was good. It showed professionalism under fire or hard questioning.

2. “AlviArmani have a number of proprietary technologies and highly trained staff that allow this to be performed at this speed.”

A typical statement that makes me cringe because how many times do we hear this? “Proprietary” in the field of medicine is bothersome to me. And in this field alone do we see physicians hording this and that… for financial gain ONLY… except maybe Woods because as time has passed I see why he did what he did… but that is my opinion and on the flip side, everyone has the right to do so.

1. Avoidance of actual punch size… Something that is common to select clinics… but at least they say they have punches that are as small as the follicular graft size whilst other clinics hide punch size based on enormity.

2. “Our grafts are taken safely and we do not separate naturally occurring follicles. If we take a 2 or 3 hair follicle then it is implanted as such.” Great answer! I like untouched grafts!

3. Average follicular graft is 1.5 - 2 hairs per follicle in a 4000 graft case which tells me that they pick off the majority of 2’s and 1’s… which is odd in my mind but that was the answer we got.

4. “The average donor region has around 40,000 grafts of which we can extract 50% without affecting the look of the donor region.” I don’t know how to answer this one. Clearly, they believe that the donor area has more than what most think. I leave that one for you all to judge.

5. “This is based on ancient theory and particularly the Vitruvian Man designed by Leonardo da Vinci and Marcus Vitruvius Polio.”

This is just “filler” words in my opinion. Sort of throwing that out there to impress me. It doesn’t mean anything clinically. Leonardo DaVinci drew pictures. I asked for the average of their hairlines from the brow up. Many physicians can easily give an answer to this because, an average conservative hairline from brow up is documented in books as 7-9cm. Not saying that was bad just not what I was looking for.

1. “This also depends upon the expectation of the patient, some like to lower hairlines and some prefer a more mature hairline.”

Not the answer I was looking for. What the patient might want may not be what the patient needs… a decision that is so critical. Too low a hairline and you are screwed. Start high and then work your way down is something I learned from a doctor and I actually believe that. A conservative approach you cannot go wrong because you can always walk it down. A too aggressive approach… may or may not lead you to problems. Maybe Armani has a conservative/aggressive approach… I don’t know because they did not provide an average. So this answer was sort of neutral.

1. All other questions were left out.

So what does everyone else think?

»
» So what does everyone else think?

I think you are a moron !

» »
» » So what does everyone else think?
»
» I think you are a moron !

I think that guy from Armani writes very well and makes good points but I don’t fully buy into it. I have no doubt that his work is excellent but to be fair no matter what he says I dont believe he can justify the price. And for the record it was Armanis UK representative(or one of them) Wayne Walton that quoted that crazy price to myself over the phone approx 5 weeks ago. I had a transplant 9 years ago with the late David Saegar. At the time I’m sure he wasn’t considered the very best in the world(but one of the best). He did a fantastic job, and not one person was ever able to tell that I had a transplant(not even the guy that has been cutting my hair for the last 3 years until I told him a few weeks ago). What I’m trying to say is that If somebody is up there with the best(and from my research hasson, bisanga, armani etc are)then they are going to do a good job, so why pay more than 3 times the amount with one doctor(armani)over all the others. It just dosent make sense. My decision to go with Bisanga(i’m going for strip) is because i did weeks and weeks of research and could find nothing bad about the guy(and hes only a few hours away).His work looks excellent and he seems very well respected(as i know armani and hasson etc are).

therapy,

Whatever dude… Name calling is moronic in itself. Opinions vary. But hey I have been guilty of being an ass from time to time. So I can’t say I blame you for being one right now.:slight_smile:

Dub Hair,

You cannot go wrong with Bisanga… Congrats.:slight_smile:

This is what I wrote back,

Sir, I have the utmost respect for the quick response. Readers need to hear these things And I think this clinic has gone beyond what others have attempted. Thank you.

Thomas

Hairtech, I admire your spirits. The truth is that they can say pretty much anything they want, the issue of accountability is non existant in the hair transplant industry.

I know this help me… believe me i know this… and I know that the general public knows this… that is why I enjoy posting and prodding clinics. :wink:

» I know this help me… believe me i know this… and I know that the
» general public knows this… that is why I enjoy posting and prodding
» clinics. :wink:

On the prodding note, I called Armani’s UK location today to get the cost of the london consult but I was put onhold for only 8 min. to find out that there was no one there to tell me the price. Does Armani do consults or does he get referrals from a consulting agency?

Good question… I would email Mr. Brookman. He returned my email within minutes. I don’t know how they do that.:wink:

Guys and Girls,

I am officially banning Prodding :wink: It doesnt seem gentlemanly. :stuck_out_tongue:

My apologies for yesterday, i was out of office for a period in meetings. I can not understand why you would have been on hold for 8 minutes, my receptionist should have taken a message and i would have called you back the second i recieved it. I will look to create lucidity pertaining to some of your questions.

In the UK, AlviArmani has 2 (two) offices, one in London and one in Manchester. As demand from the UK is so high we have set up these permanent offices to assist and answer any questions you may have regarding AlviArmani hair transplantation.

The UK office is located in Bank, Central London and i (James Brookman) am available any time for a consultation and to answer your questions. For clarity i do not charge to hold a consultation. Consultations are completely free and you will leave with a full understanding of your hair loss and in what ways we can assist you on your journey. My colleague Wayne Walton is based in Manchester. Wayne is a 2500 FUE patient and will also assist wth questions and for any interested party he will show his result in person.

My mobile is 07734 033916 so please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you have questions or wish to book a consultation.

… just a quick one for Hairtech, apologies if you think i missed a question or in some way avoided an answer from your email, i am more than happy to answer any question regarding AlviArmani services. Though please understand that not all questions have a straight forward answer due to the complexities of the work and indeed the operations we provide.

Warmest Regards,

James Brookman
Business Director
Alvi Armani

Dear, Mr. Brookman,

Thank you sir again for speaking on your topics! You provided good answers… Prodding is not so bad…:wink: You handled it well! Some clinics ignore you, call you names, try to dis-credit you or even sue you in court! Now that is un-gentleman like. So I applaud your answering. Have a good day sir.

Hairtech

» Dear, Mr. Brookman,
»
» Thank you sir again for speaking on your topics! You provided good
» answers… Prodding is not so bad…:wink: You handled it well! Some clinics
» ignore you, call you names, try to dis-credit you or even sue you in court!
» Now that is un-gentleman like. So I applaud your answering. Have a good
» day sir.
»
» Hairtech

I didnt realize Dr. Armani had so many offices now. Bookman i think you have me confused someone elses comment.

I think you are right…

» I think you are right…

Hey folks, where is this thread headed?? My aim was a comparison btw. dr bisanga and armani… Whats the bickering all about?
Cheers,

No bickering per say… More like “diggin”.:wink:

» » I think you are right…
»
»
» Hey folks, where is this thread headed?? My aim was a comparison btw. dr
» bisanga and armani… Whats the bickering all about?
» Cheers,

Hi Boris,

It sounds like it might be a while before you make a definite decision. This time 4 weeks I will have had my procedure with Dr.Bisanga. I will give you my 100% honest opinion afterwards. I can feel myself starting to get nervous already. Sorry to stray on the subject but can anyone advise when is the best time to fly home after the procedure. I have been told either the next day or 4-5 days due to swelling. After my first procedure years ago i stayed for two weeks afterwards so it didnt matter.

You could jump right on a plane right after the procedure. Swelling usually will occur day 2 or 3 post op. Now your first procedure may be an indicator of the swelling… meaning if you had swelling the first time, you will have swelling the second time… It isn’t always the case but many times is.

Dubhair!
Cant believe you are having surgery on the week of 10th-15th Dec… really??
What made you make the final decision, you were btw 2 docs… I am reall happy for you hope it works out the best, about swelling depends do you know ho many grafts and whether its strip or fue??
Cheers

» » » I think you are right…
» »
» »
» » Hey folks, where is this thread headed?? My aim was a comparison btw.
» dr
» » bisanga and armani… Whats the bickering all about?
» » Cheers,
»
»
» Hi Boris,
»
» It sounds like it might be a while before you make a definite decision.
» This time 4 weeks I will have had my procedure with Dr.Bisanga. I will
» give you my 100% honest opinion afterwards. I can feel myself starting to
» get nervous already. Sorry to stray on the subject but can anyone advise
» when is the best time to fly home after the procedure. I have been told
» either the next day or 4-5 days due to swelling. After my first procedure
» years ago i stayed for two weeks afterwards so it didnt matter.

» You could jump right on a plane right after the procedure. Swelling usually
» will occur day 2 or 3 post op. Now your first procedure may be an indicator
» of the swelling… meaning if you had swelling the first time, you will
» have swelling the second time… It isn’t always the case but many times
» is.

Hi Boris,

Just to let you know that I had my procedure with Dr Bisanga yesterday. So far so good. 2333FUT. Im in a little pain at the back but have been out in town today so feel fine. The experience was no where as near as bad as i remember the last time. Phil Bell was really nice and made me feel very at ease, as did Dr Bisanga and his team. I am so far very pleased with the results but of course this is only 24hrs post op. I will keep you updated and hope that you make your decision soon.

Dubhair.