Dr Bisanga 5500 FUE NW5 Patient

Dear Members,

This is a Norwood Class 5, he had an average density in the donor of approximately 90 follicular units per cm2 and good hair characteristics. His initial goal was to cover the frontal areas, re-create a hair line and cover the mid section; understanding that even with good characteristics the density may appear a little thinner because of the larger coverage. This was achieved with 3000 FU via FUE.

One year later the goals were to refine the hair line a little more, dense up the mid area further and place a small number FU in the crown. This was achieved with a further 2500 FUE. The final 5500 pictures are after the 3000 (17 months post op) & 2500 FUE at 9 Months Post Op. (5500 PICTURES TAKEN OUTSIDE IN NATURAL LIGHT BY THE PATIENT)

PRE OP & PLACEMENT OF 3000 FUE

12 MONTHS POST OP 3000 FUE & SHAVED DOWN DONOR

PLACEMENT & DONOR AREA AFTER A FURTHER 2500 FUE

9 MONTHS POST 2500 FUE (5500 FUE IN TOTAL)

Philb
BHR Clinic, Belgium

Fantastic! Recent pictures of the 0.75mm punch… providing absolutely great dense results again. Thanks philb. Keep em coming. I know you have more.

Philb.

This patient is now at what month post op?

» Philb.
»
» This patient is now at what month post op?

Hi Hairtech,

From the start of his journey, the 3000 grafts, it is approx. 20 months now, the last pictures of mature 5500 grafts were taken 9 months post op 2500 FUE.

Philb
BHR Clinic, Belgium

I think for 5500 grafts this is looking good, great density and coverage; regardless FUE or Strip, but the fact it is FUE and the doubts surrounding it makes it a great example of 5500 grafts. Congratulations to BHR and the man.

» I think for 5500 grafts this is looking good, great density and coverage;
» regardless FUE or Strip, but the fact it is FUE and the doubts surrounding
» it makes it a great example of 5500 grafts. Congratulations to BHR and the
» man.

Nice transformation, do you think there will be much more growth to the crown?

» » I think for 5500 grafts this is looking good, great density and
» coverage;
» » regardless FUE or Strip, but the fact it is FUE and the doubts
» surrounding
» » it makes it a great example of 5500 grafts. Congratulations to BHR and
» the
» » man.
»
» Nice transformation, do you think there will be much more growth to the
» crown?

Hi JohnnyE,

He was 9 months post op (of the last op) when he took the last pictures; there maybe a little more growth to come through but certainly more maturing of the hair in terms of body and strength. The difference would probably be more apparent to him rather than cosmetically.

BHR Clinic

What’s Dr. B’s take on body hair transplant? I don’t want to touch my head hair. I am 23 with receeding hairline on the two edges. What is the worst that can happen if I use only body hair? I don’t want to touch my head hair, if I lost all my body hair I don’t feel bad but I want tokeep my head hair the way it is.

» What’s Dr. B’s take on body hair transplant? I don’t want to touch my head
» hair. I am 23 with receeding hairline on the two edges. What is the worst
» that can happen if I use only body hair? I don’t want to touch my head
» hair, if I lost all my body hair I don’t feel bad but I want tokeep my
» head hair the way it is.

The worst thing that could happen is that it wont grow.

» What’s Dr. B’s take on body hair transplant? I don’t want to touch my head
» hair. I am 23 with receeding hairline on the two edges. What is the worst
» that can happen if I use only body hair? I don’t want to touch my head
» hair, if I lost all my body hair I don’t feel bad but I want tokeep my
» head hair the way it is.

Hi fastforward,

We are not known as a Body Hair Clinic, and certainly not one that offers BH as an option to virgin scalps. Any BH that we have advised has been for repair cases where the donor has been over harvested and the person’s options are limited because of the open donor.

We also insist on performing a patch test of approx. 100 grafts first and then assess the growth over 6-12 months before making any conclusions. It is Dr Bisanga’s opinion that at present BH yield can be unpredictable and it is best to test first before stepping into a long and potentially very costly multiple procedures.

We do not charge for the BH patch test and at present we are working on a study with multiple BH patients to assess the yield and growth patterns over varients in scalp types and conditions.

Philb
BHR Clinic

Thanks for answering. Do you agree with what Johnny said that the worst that can happen is no growth and I waste the body hair grafts. As long as I won’t look like a freak then this is something that I really want to try.

Just remeber that if possible, do a test first. BHT is unpredictable at best… and when it is no where near the same as scalp hair. BHT for the most part is mainly 1’s and then some 2’s. The caliber of BHT is somewhat less than normal scalp hairs. So what I amtrying to say is you won’t get more bang for your buck in large sessions of BHT. Just be wary of these issues.

» Thanks for answering. Do you agree with what Johnny said that the worst
» that can happen is no growth and I waste the body hair grafts. As long as
» I won’t look like a freak then this is something that I really want to
» try.

Hi fastforward,

I think there are many factors that could determine whether it would be a viable solution; as Hairtech says there are many varients with scalp and body hair.

You have the hair characteristics to think about, do they match or are similar to you scalp hair, then your donor capability of your body hair, most BH is made up of one or two hair FU so they do not go as far as scalp hair, thus needing so many more, and this is assuming that you get a high yield. You then have to look at your hair loss stage now and the potential for future loss, it is fine to embark on a hair transplant but the future is probably more important than now so planning must be a large consideration.

Body hair is at best unpredictable, the cases that have been shown are largely combinations of BH and scalp which makes it hard to determine the success or yields. It is considered best to always have a test first, and then proceed with smaller procedures over time, building up the density and coverage as you go.

Is the worst thing can happen it doesn’t grow; besides losing a ton of money causing trauma to the scalp through multiple procedures, time and expectations maybe dashed. We could not endorse your plan as it goes against what we feel is correct; there are too many factors that are variable to make it a viable option.

Philb

I just don’t believe that BHT should be offered on a regular basis, and especially in large meggassesions until there is a more responsible approach with research and documentation.

Very nice.

Im keen to see some pics of the receipent site shaved down after the HT has grown out.
Do you have any shots of the receipent from those that were taken before the second procedure?

Also, whats his donor like at this stage?
5500 FUE is quite a few grafts…
Is he maxed out?

» Very nice.
»
» Im keen to see some pics of the receipent site shaved down after the HT
» has grown out.
» Do you have any shots of the receipent from those that were taken before
» the second procedure?
»
» Also, whats his donor like at this stage?
» 5500 FUE is quite a few grafts…
» Is he maxed out?

Hi El Gordo,

Apologies no shaved down recipient area prior to the 2500 placement only with the placement.

Like any ongoing procedure it is hard to predict the number of grafts that could still be safely extracted, with FUT laxity is a large issue and with FUE FU distribution and extraction pattern has to be considered, amongst other issues, so until we meet him and assess the donor it is hard to say, certainly though the donor will be close to max.

His next group of pictures will be important!

When will he be in next?

» Just remeber that if possible, do a test first. BHT is unpredictable at
» best… and when it is no where near the same as scalp hair. BHT for the
» most part is mainly 1’s and then some 2’s. The caliber of BHT is somewhat
» less than normal scalp hairs. So what I amtrying to say is you won’t get
» more bang for your buck in large sessions of BHT. Just be wary of these
» issues.

Do test sessions cost anything or is there always a small fee?