Dr. Bauman hair transplant, K10

i couldn’t post in the original thread so I m gonna start a new post.

please tell me that was a typo, you wrote “4th HT, 1500 grafts for $20,000”, that works out to $13 a graft??? Is that possible?

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-63338-page-0-category-2-order-last_answer-descasc-DESC.html

I am writing this thread to reflect my current thoughts. I spoke to Dr.Alan Bauman yesterday and he offered to do another FUE Neograft procedure to fill in the scars. He assured me that 900-1200 grafts could easily be obtained from my donor area. I am hesitant to do another procedure with him at this time since I do not know the results of my 4th HT. I will continue to document my growth with the last procedure.

What I do know is the last 3 HTs I have had with Dr. Bauman. I will document the facts as I know them. Also Dr. Bauman gave me a more accurate account of grafts taken so I want to pass that along in fairness to him. I wanted to pass along photos he took of me throughout the years, I emailed him on 1-19-2010 about my photos and my concerns and he didn’t respond so I posted the pics I have. After speaking with him yesterday 2-3-2010 he apologized and said he was out of town but he would get me the pics I requested, as of right now I have not received any pics from him.

Here are the facts as I know them. The 1st procedure was on 11-1-2005, I had 1800 grafts according to Dr. Bauman, and he said that I had from 500-800 grafts put in my crown. The cost was $10,300 according to my invoice. The first procedure he did not use a tricophidic closure.

My 2nd HT I received 2000 grafts according to Dr. Bauman on 05-8-2007. The cost $9,900 according to my invoice. I did 2 hyperbaric chambers costing a total $400.

My 3rd HT I received 1600 grafts according to Dr. Bauman on 12-15-2008. The cost was $8700 according to my invoice. I did 4 hyperbaric chambers which cost $900, I purchased an X5 Hair Laser for $299, and one shampoo $16, one conditioner $16, 60 tablets of Viviscal $75 and 84 tablets of Appearex Biotin $32. The total for that invoice was $10,112 according to my invoice.

My 4th HT I received 1500 grafts for $20,000 and 751 single grafts for $7,510 on 11-18-2009 according to my invoice, I did 4 hyperbaric chambers and the total cost of my invoice was $28,530.62. As stated previously I do not know the full results of my 4th HT because I am 11 weeks into it. In total I have had 4 Hair Transplant surgeries by Dr. Alan Bauman, according to the graft numbers he gave me today I have had 7651 grafts and have spent $58,842.62.

» i couldn’t post in the original thread so I m gonna start a new post.
»
» please tell me that was a typo, you wrote “4th HT, 1500 grafts for
» $20,000”, that works out to $13 a graft??? Is that possible?
»
»
»

That is no typo, here is the actual email I received from Dr. Bauman’s office regarding FUE prices.

Hello Nate:

Thank you so much for the additional emails- I really appreciate you forwarding those to me. The FUE NEOGRAFT is priced a bit differently than a traditional linear harvest mainly because of all the additional benefits such as; no scar, no down-time, quicker healing process, no stitches to remove, etc. The 1st 500 grafts is $10,000 and each graft thereafter is $10. For ex: a 1000 graft session size would cost $15,000 . I hope this information helps and I look forward to following up in August.

Thank you and have a great weekend!

Tara Sikes

Patient Services Coordinator

patientservices@baumanmedical.com

Bauman Medical Group, P.A. - Boca Raton, Florida

Hair Restoration, Body Contouring & Facial Rejuvenation for Men & Women

+1-561-394-0024 or 1-877-Bauman-9 Toll Free

Fax: +1-561-394-4522

» » i couldn’t post in the original thread so I m gonna start a new post.
» »
» » please tell me that was a typo, you wrote “4th HT, 1500 grafts for
» » $20,000”, that works out to $13 a graft??? Is that possible?
» »
» »
» » That is no typo, here is the actual email I received from Dr. Bauman’s
» office regarding FUE prices.
»
» »Hello Nate:
»
»
» Thank you so much for the additional emails- I really appreciate you
» forwarding those to me. The FUE NEOGRAFT is priced a bit differently than
» a traditional linear harvest mainly because of all the additional benefits
» such as; no scar, no down-time, quicker healing process, no stitches to
» remove, etc. The 1st 500 grafts is $10,000 and each graft thereafter is
» $10. For ex: a 1000 graft session size would cost $15,000 . I hope this
» information helps and I look forward to following up in August.
»
»
»
» Thank you and have a great weekend!
»
»
»
» Tara Sikes
»
» Patient Services Coordinator
»
» patientservices@baumanmedical.com
»
»
»
» Bauman Medical Group, P.A. - Boca Raton, Florida
»
» Hair Restoration, Body Contouring & Facial Rejuvenation for Men & Women
»
» +1-561-394-0024 or 1-877-Bauman-9 Toll Free
»
» Fax: +1-561-394-4522

This, in my humble opinion, is outrageous. In my opinion, any doctor that would charge $20 a graft and justify it by saying its because they are using a machine which is not as good as a skilled doctor’s hands is a con.

The Neo-graft is suppose to make thing faster and easier on the doctor. Supposedly. Although many of us (dare I say almost all) who have researched FUE and FUE techniques conclude that the Neo-Graft creates traction and compression and potential dehydration of grafts that can cause much higher rates of graft death prior to implanting.

At best, the Neo-Graft is experimental.

But, my god man, after 3 poor hair transplants, why did you ever go back to them? I don’t know which is worse. Baumans practice, pricing and work or you’re willingness to go along. Please, if you have another transplant, please, please, please, go to someone else.

And as for the moderator of Hairsite.com - I have a question for you. Before you lock this thread because I shared some not so kind opinions about Dr. Bauman, at what point does a doctor’s work not fall under the category of “there are no guarantees with hair transplants”?

Also, at and to what point is there able to be an open transparant discussion between a doctor and those, like myself, you have serious concerns about their work? Dr. Bauman responded on the other locked thread, but no discussion about it was allowed.

Whether you mean to or not, it gives the impression that doctor is always right, even if the overwhelming evidence suggests he/she is not.

Which brings me to my last question. Is this forum, a fair resource for internet browsers seeking impartial information in deciding for/against a HT and finding the right doctor for them OR is this forum simply set up to generate profits for its owner through advertisments from HT doctors?

If its the latter, than fine. I myself have done millions in revenue in online marketing. But with the new FTC regulations on websites, testimonials and revenue there needs to be full disclaimers.

Please respond to this post. Thank you.

I agree with windjc. I don’t like to be too negative in posting, but that is completely insane. To charge that much for something that has not even proven the test of time with ample results says it all.

Do yourself a favor and start consulting with other clinics and get more opinions. At this point it would probably be wise to stop digging for at least 1 year until you can figure this whole thing out.

On a positive note you are not disfigured, so stop before you make a bad situation worse.

» And as for the moderator of Hairsite.com - I have a question for you.
» Before you lock this thread because I shared some not so kind opinions
» about Dr. Bauman, at what point does a doctor’s work not fall under the
» category of “there are no guarantees with hair transplants”?
»
» Also, at and to what point is there able to be an open transparant
» discussion between a doctor and those, like myself, you have serious
» concerns about their work? Dr. Bauman responded on the other locked
» thread, but no discussion about it was allowed.
»
» Whether you mean to or not, it gives the impression that doctor is always
» right, even if the overwhelming evidence suggests he/she is not.
»
» Which brings me to my last question. Is this forum, a fair resource for
» internet browsers seeking impartial information in deciding for/against a
» HT and finding the right doctor for them OR is this forum simply set up to
» generate profits for its owner through advertisments from HT doctors?
»
» If its the latter, than fine. I myself have done millions in revenue in
» online marketing. But with the new FTC regulations on websites,
» testimonials and revenue there needs to be full disclaimers.
»
» Please respond to this post. Thank you.

This site’s TERMS OF USE is clearly provided throughout the site. It is also part of the agreement that every forum user has AGREED to before they can obtain a registered account in the forum. Our TERMS OF USE also contains very specific details about hair transplant complaint protocols that users must follow in order to use this forum. There is also full disclosure of our advertisers at the bottom of every page throughout the site, including every single page throughout the forum. The same disclosure about our advertisers are also provided in the TERMS OF USE page. In addition, such disclosure is also provided in my post’s signature, which appears in every single post I ever made in this forum.

As for Dr. Bauman and K10’s case: the patient has provided details about his experience and the doctor has responded. This case will be archived in our patient summary section like any other patient results posted in the forum.

windjc,

Thank you for the 2nd post. We will look into that. Different topic.

For the record, Dr. Bauman is not an advertiser of this site. K10’s case was attended to in the same manner as in other situations.

»
» As for Dr. Bauman and K10’s case: the patient has provided details about
» his experience and the doctor has responded.

did the Dr. respond? Can we see the response? Thanks, Marco

» windjc,
»
» Thank you for the 2nd post. We will look into that.
»
» For the record, Dr. Bauman is not an advertiser of this site. K10’s
» case was attended to in the same manner as in other situations.

Hairsite,
I think the reason some of the forum goers are confused by this matter is that Dr. Bauman’s response didn’t address the real issue at hand, which is why the grafts didn’t grow. He simply talked about why he extracted grafts from the areas that he did, but did not touch upon why this patient was pressured to receive an additional 3 HTs (which he had to pay for) when the first didn’t yield an acceptable result. Surgeons should stand by their work.

I remember pitching the PUNCH HAIRMATIC to many clinics (it’s a very similar device to my understanding). My hope was that it would bring costs down for the average Joe. The full intent of any automated device is to BRING COSTS DOWN… not to give the doctor an excuse to rape our wallets. I, honestly, feel sickened right now.

» » i couldn’t post in the original thread so I m gonna start a new post.
» »
» » please tell me that was a typo, you wrote “4th HT, 1500 grafts for
» » $20,000”, that works out to $13 a graft??? Is that possible?
» »
» »
» » That is no typo, here is the actual email I received from Dr. Bauman’s
» office regarding FUE prices.
»
» »Hello Nate:
»
»
» Thank you so much for the additional emails- I really appreciate you
» forwarding those to me. The FUE NEOGRAFT is priced a bit differently than
» a traditional linear harvest mainly because of all the additional benefits
» such as; no scar, no down-time, quicker healing process, no stitches to
» remove, etc. The 1st 500 grafts is $10,000 and each graft thereafter is
» $10. For ex: a 1000 graft session size would cost $15,000 . I hope this
» information helps and I look forward to following up in August.
»
»
»
» Thank you and have a great weekend!
»
»
»
» Tara Sikes
»
» Patient Services Coordinator
»
» patientservices@baumanmedical.com
»
»
»
» Bauman Medical Group, P.A. - Boca Raton, Florida
»
» Hair Restoration, Body Contouring & Facial Rejuvenation for Men & Women
»
» +1-561-394-0024 or 1-877-Bauman-9 Toll Free
»
» Fax: +1-561-394-4522

k10, did you not shop around before you decided to spend that kind of money? $20 a graft is outrageous. i am curious what was going through your mind when you made that decision.

» k10, did you not shop around before you decided to spend that kind of
» money? $20 a graft is outrageous. i am curious what was going through your
» mind when you made that decision.

Pauly, and everyone for that matter:

This forum, and some like it, are full of information and mis-information. One must literally spend many months to years before you come to a valid conclusion. For many, who do not know of these forums where the sharing of experiences exists, the television and other media is an even worse outlet due to the many obvious biases which exist when a clinic advertises for themself.

When I first ventured onto this forum I immediately thought a clinic (which still advertises here) was the best. They appeared to consistently post amazing results of beautiful hairlines, and densely packed results, 100% of the time. I spoke to their sales people, who are smooth talkers. I flew to meet with the doc himself. They almost had me. Best bit of luck in the world for me they didn’t.

After more continued research I found out that for every successful result they have, there are 2 failures. When poor results are posted here from this doctor, they immediately “instigate” a way for the forum rules to be broken and the thread locked or removed so results are lost, or they are not kept as a recent post result for easy viewing. They hire marketing persons to post here. They offer discounts to those with good results to post their pictures. Those who post their good results spend an inordinate amount of time on these forums following this doctor’s results, complimenting everyone of them so as to make the new user believe it really is incredible. The list goes on…

You know what? This is all the mis-information. I was almost duped. Don’t be yourself. truth is some of the best docs hardly post their results here at all, or don’t.

My recommendations:

Strip: Hasson and Wong, Shapiro
FUE: Shapiro, Bisanga, Mwamba, Feller

If you’re new, check out these guys. Don’t fall for the hype- many many regret it, but are too ashamed to continue posting here and admit it. I have not had a surgery yet. Good luck all

Garner, it’s nice to see someone who didn’t become a casualty. Nice post and maybe others will start to get it. I am so glad I waited and that I didn’t go to these so called top docs to repair my mess. I can probably never be completely repaired but I feel very comfortable with my choice. What a sad, sad industry.

Thanks, Topcat.

I would also like to add, especially for the new guys, that FUE is usually the way to start. FACT: FUE will not allow you to achieve the highest graft numbers (either per procedure, or overall in total procedures), but will not leave you with a potentially large scar across your whole head.

Properly performed FUE is unlikely to leave obvious “dotting” where the punch was taken from.

Further, Strip is always an option down the road if you need those final 2-3000 grafts.

Beginning with FUE allows you to shave if you decide not to continue with HTs. There are many advantages.

Have a consult with Dr. Shapiro of Minnesota, and Dr. Bisanga of Brussels. They both do excellent FUE work for a reasonable price (~$6/graft)

Again, Don’t fall for the hype- it’s all marketing. A clinic on this forum which posts regularly literally has a full marketing staff, MBA business managers, multiple office locations, and multiple procedures performed per day at each… Do you want this? No. get the individual skill and attention you deserve, or you are taking a large risk for failure.

» » k10, did you not shop around before you decided to spend that kind of
» » money? $20 a graft is outrageous. i am curious what was going through
» your
» » mind when you made that decision.
»
» Pauly, and everyone for that matter:
»
» This forum, and some like it, are full of information and
» mis-information. One must literally spend many months to years
» before you come to a valid conclusion. For many, who do not know of these
» forums where the sharing of experiences exists, the television and other
» media is an even worse outlet due to the many obvious biases which exist
» when a clinic advertises for themself.
»
» When I first ventured onto this forum I immediately thought a clinic
» (which still advertises here) was the best. They appeared to consistently
» post amazing results of beautiful hairlines, and densely packed results,
» 100% of the time. I spoke to their sales people, who are smooth talkers.
» I flew to meet with the doc himself. They almost had me. Best bit
» of luck in the world for me they didn’t.
»
» After more continued research I found out that for every successful result
» they have, there are 2 failures. When poor results are posted here from
» this doctor, they immediately “instigate” a way for the forum rules to be
» broken and the thread locked or removed so results are lost, or they are
» not kept as a recent post result for easy viewing. They hire marketing
» persons to post here. They offer discounts to those with good results to
» post their pictures. Those who post their good results spend an inordinate
» amount of time on these forums following this doctor’s results,
» complimenting everyone of them so as to make the new user believe it really
» is incredible. The list goes on…
»
» You know what? This is all the mis-information. I was almost
» duped. Don’t be yourself. truth is some of the best docs hardly post
» their results here at all, or don’t.
»
» My recommendations:
»
» Strip: Hasson and Wong, Shapiro
» FUE: Shapiro, Bisanga, Mwamba, Feller
»
» If you’re new, check out these guys. Don’t fall for the hype- many many
» regret it, but are too ashamed to continue posting here and admit it. I
» have not had a surgery yet. Good luck all

Thank you very much for your insight, I appreciate all feedback and information, it helps me in making future decisions going forward.

» Thanks, Topcat.
»
» I would also like to add, especially for the new guys, that FUE is usually
» the way to start. FACT: FUE will not allow you to achieve the highest
» graft numbers (either per procedure, or overall in total procedures), but
» will not leave you with a potentially large scar across your whole head.
»
» Properly performed FUE is unlikely to leave obvious “dotting” where the
» punch was taken from.
»
» Further, Strip is always an option down the road if you need those final
» 2-3000 grafts.
»
» Beginning with FUE allows you to shave if you decide not to continue with
» HTs. There are many advantages.
»
» Have a consult with Dr. Shapiro of Minnesota, and Dr. Bisanga of Brussels.
» They both do excellent FUE work for a reasonable price (~$6/graft)
»
» Again, Don’t fall for the hype- it’s all marketing. A clinic on this
» forum which posts regularly literally has a full marketing staff, MBA
» business managers, multiple office locations, and multiple procedures
» performed per day at each… Do you want this? No. get the individual
» skill and attention you deserve, or you are taking a large risk for
» failure.

Garner,

If you’ve really researched FUE, then you must add Umar to your recommended list. Aside from any debate about BHTs, his work with scalp hair FUE is as good as any that you have listed.