Dr. Baubac Hayatdavoudi - Alvi Armani - 3000 Grafts

At 26 years old, I started to notice my hair was getting thinner and I was losing my hair. I thought it was just a seasonal thing or because I was using a different shampoo, or not using the right one. Unfortunately it’s wasn’t and it only got worse with each passing year. I’m losing more and more hair and I just don’t want to accept it’s actually happening to me. The majority of my hair loss is from my hairline and a small amount on the crown. My hat has become my best friend. Without it, I don’t have any self esteem and I’m embarrassed to go out in public. The one place I can’t take my best friend to is work which consists of meeting clients. It’s hard to concentrate at meetings when all that goes through my mind is “are these people looking at my hair?” My hair loss is affecting both my personal and professional life. Frustrated and on the verge of depression, I decide to research hair loss solutions. I want to be happy and confident again and I need a long term solution, not a wig. I have decided I want a hair transplant.

I can’t sit and ignore the truth anymore so I start my research on the net, looking for the best clinics in my area and abroad. I read tons of testimonials, forums and look at other peoples before and after pictures. I narrowed it down to three clinics; two are in Toronto, where I live, and one in California. I booked appointments with the two Toronto clinics. One offered FUSS, which is when they take a strip of follicles from the back of your head. I’m not crazy about this procedure and I don’t want scars at the back of my head for the rest of my life and so this clinic is off the list immediately. The other offers FUSS and FUE, which removes hair transplant grafts one by one, and I know FUE is what I need to do. However, I don’t feel comfortable with the doctor or the clinic. On to the third clinic in California, which is called Alvi Armani.

I sent an email requesting information and I was quickly contacted by a guy named Eric. Eric was extremely helpful in answering all my questions. He made me feel very comfortable and made himself available at all hours whether it was by e-mail or by phone. I thought that because I wasn’t in the same country as the clinic that it would be impossible to get a consultation via phone, but I was very surprised at how easy and quickly it happened. They asked me to fill out a questionnaire and to send them seven pictures of my hair from different angles. Eric then set up the consultation with Dr. Baubac Hayatdavoudi.

Even though the consultation was over the phone Dr. Baubac made me feel at ease and answered all of my questions and concerns. I also liked the strategy he laid out for me both short term and long term. It didn’t take very long to make my decision. I have decided to have my procedure with Dr. Baubac at the Alvi Armani Clinic in Beverly Hills.

I will be flying to Los Angeles in October for my hair transplant. I will update you all on how the procedure goes and my experience in the coming weeks.

Leafs the smart thing to do would have been to post your pictures to the forum and get the opinion of others on what you plan on doing. Your decision could very well be a good one but sometimes it’s better to have the opinion of others when making some decisions. Sometimes a 26 year old needs someone to slap them upside the head and straighten them out. Unfortunately too many who have had procedures in the past didn’t have that somebody.

Best of luck! hope everything goes well. Take loads of before and after pic and share when you have your result plese thanks

The day was finally here! I got to the clinic and right off I knew I had made the right decision. I met with Jeff, the patient co-ordinator, and reviewed the pre-op paper work in detail. He was friendly and knowledgeable. I then met with Dr. Baubac. My impression of Dr. Baubac in person was just as great as the one I got over the phone. We further discussed all my questions. He was really personable and professional. One of my concerns was a scar on the back of my head that I’ve had since birth. Dr. Baubac advised me that he could take care of it by transplanting hair and recreating, as close as possible, the natural crown look. Dr. Baubac was going to take care of this at no cost! I didn’t even know that they could help me with my scar, none of the other clinics ever mentioned it. What clinic, let alone an award winning clinic, would provide any additional work at no cost? This and the whole experience on the first day made me feel very comfortable and confident about my upcoming procedure.

I arrived at the clinic at 7:30am on the day of the procedure. I thought that come the time I would be nervous and anxious but I was ready and at ease, I knew I was in great hands. Jeff took the pre-op pictures and I got to pick out my lunch choices prior to heading in. I changed into a gown and then went into a room where they started the IV. The donor area (back of my head) was shaved and I was then taken to Dr. Baubac where he froze the area and he and his staff removed the follicles that would later be transplanted. Once the grafts were removed, 3500 of them, Dr. Baubac and I discuss my hairline design. I let Dr. Baubac know what I wanted a natural look and with his knowledge, he created an amazing looking and natural hairline using a marker. The rest of the hair was shaved off and then it was off to lunch before the long haul.

After lunch, Dr. Baubac froze zones 1 and 2 to make the 3500 incisions where the follicles would be inserted. During this part of the process I was able to watch television since I was sitting in an upright position. Once all 3500 incisions were made, it was time to re-insert the follicles. Dr. Baubac and 3 very well trained staff members all worked together for about 7 hours on this part of the procedure. Once the procedure was done, my hair was washed and they applied cream to the donor area. I then meet with one of the Junior Surgeons, who provided me with all the post care information, medications and products I would need. The package also included a detailed schedule for the first 30+ days after, which is very detailed and easy to follow. He also showed me how to correctly put on and remove my surgical cap. Jeff then took the post-op pictures and made a follow up appointment for the next day so I could be taught how to properly care for my hair, which is just as important as the procedure.

The following day, I went back in to the clinic where I was taught how to properly wash my hair and apply the cream. Dr. Baubac then examined the progress of the transplant and answered any final questions I had. He provided me with his personal contact information in case I should have any questions when I got home. Jeff then provided me with a letter to show security at the airport with information on the medications and products that they gave me for the post-op care and also gave me advice on what to do and say to them at the airport.

During the entire procedure, the staff brought me drinks and healthy snacks. I was impressed by how friendly and courteous everyone at Alvri Armani was during every step of the process. I also had an additional 500 grafts at no cost, 3500 total. I was amazed with the post op care while at home. I ran out of the cream that is applied to the donor area and the clinic didn’t hesitate to ship me out another tube at no cost. They also followed up via email and phone to make sure everything was okay. I couldn’t have picked a better doctor and clinic for my procedure. I can’t say enough great this about Dr. Baubac. He’s truly a fantastic person and an extremely professional doctor. I would highly recommend that if you’re looking for a place to have a hair transplant, this is the place to go. Even if that means travelling to a different country as I did.

Leafs,

I am happy to hear about your great experience with Dr. Baubac and our Beverly Hills staff.

Please remember to follow the post op instructions, and to keep us updated with photos :slight_smile: