Dr A\'s Website and photo gallery

After viewing some docs on the board who to be honest I felt cherry picked the greatest results, I had never seen Dr A’s site.

I was pleasantly surprised, There must be at least 100 before after pics on there and no they dont look like movie star hairlines. Some to be frank, did not look that great. But to me, I feel this was because viewing the patient, the doc is not god, he only can transplant the hair that he has to work with . Some patients seem to have great thick hair and their after pics look pretty darn good. Some patients obviously have wispy thin hair and the after pics do not seem all that great to me, though they are a drastic improvement.

What I liked about the pic gallery is it seems honest, the pics do not seem like they are taken from the top 5 percent of patient results. I will have to say that Dr A seems to have a knack for giving the patient very age appropriate hairlines, and very natural looking.

I am seriously considering going there to have a consulatation. Anyone on the board been to Mumbai? I am In manila so its not that long of a flight. What is the clinic like? what is the city like. etc etc

I thought you are always against hair transplant, why are you changing your mind now? The supplements don’t work no more?

» I thought you are always against hair transplant, why are you changing your
» mind now? The supplements don’t work no more?

I am against strip, but not against FUE
Yes sure the supps work great
but
they cannot regrow hair on a bald crown that has been bald 10 yrs before you even start taking the supps, which is my case

If I was on my current regimen when I first started losing my hair sure no problem I would never have lost my hair IMO

but to start using DHT blockers 20 YEARS after you start losing your hair, you kind of are too little too late. IMO nothing can regrow hair on a 10 yr old bald spot. NOTHING

I think my hair looks better now than it did 10 yrs ago, that is great sure
but I still have lost a lot of hair on top that is never going to grow back because the follicles are dead in my opinion

I would like to have maybe 3 to 4000 grafts FUE to see if I can restore a little of what I lost before I started the supps

to me the supps do regrow, thicken make more healthy my hair, it grows faster, it is WAY thicker than it was when I started in 1999 on the supps but they are not magic from god, they cannot give you back hair on a bald spot that has been there a long time, that hair is just gone

they do prevent my hair from getting worse, they have proven that and it looks way way better than it did before i started
not many guys can say their hair looks better now than it did 10 yrs ago, with no transplant

i just want to see if a transplant from a good doc can improve my appearance

Hangin Good luck on your research for your ht. You started with website gallery’s and you liked what you saw. Now how many Fue patients are you planning to go see next that already had Fue work done? How strong is your donor hair these days? Any pics to share? Again good luck.

» Hangin Good luck on your research for your ht. You started with website
» gallery’s and you liked what you saw. Now how many Fue patients are you
» planning to go see next that already had Fue work done? How strong is your
» donor hair these days? Any pics to share? Again good luck.

I think Dr A has a great reputation on the board, anyone disagree?
I would say he is in the top 10 surgeons on this site and has been here for years, is very open about his practice and procedures

My donor hair is more than strong
its great

in 1999 when I started on the DHT blockers that was not the case, my hair on the sides and back was paper thin

now?
its I would say almost thicker than it was in high school IMO, though I might be exaggerating a small bit it is very very thick and healthy on the sides, that is one side benefit for me of the program I am on.

Ok cool. Just wanting to know if you plan on seeing any former patient results in person before you would have the surgery done. I think you should do that even with the top 10 docs.

» Ok cool. Just wanting to know if you plan on seeing any former patient
» results in person before you would have the surgery done. I think you
» should do that even with the top 10 docs.

Kind of hard to make extra trips to Mumbai just to talk to former patients
I guess I could but viewing the gallery I realize it is not cherry picked
the only reason IMO would be if I wanted to get strip(and I do not) to view their scars

ru saying Dr A is not competent?

no not at all. Just Seeing ht in person is way more important in my opinion no matter what doc you choose. That’s all. It should be the final step in ht research

» no not at all. Just Seeing ht in person is way more important in my opinion
» no matter what doc you choose. That’s all. It should be the final step in

» ht research

So I should make a special trip to Mumbai to just talk to a few patients?
More likely arrive a day or two early and talk to some patients to me would make more sense. and I guess if I did not like what I saw I could just cancel the procedure

HangingInThere

Why are you against Strip? Just because of the cosmetic purposes?

I am considering Dr. A as you are.

However, I am thinking of doing a strip surgery with FUE into my strip scar within a month of my first surgery.

What do you think?

» HangingInThere
»
» Why are you against Strip? Just because of the cosmetic purposes?
»
» I am considering Dr. A as you are.
»
» However, I am thinking of doing a strip surgery with FUE into my strip
» scar within a month of my first surgery.
»
» What do you think?

I am still at the point after looking at his gallery, of trying to decide if I do want to get a transplant.
The thing that makes me take a step back is my crown is very gone, I mean gone and 2/3 of the top of the scalp is pretty much gone also, The front top looks pretty good actually and I doubt that I would even need more than 1000 grafts or so there

However in looking at many of the patients, although they do look good, there seems to be a reluctance even with Dr A to have the patient put his head DOWN in the after shots, even though it is common to see that type of pic, they seem to want to stress the front on shot with the face forward like a drivers license pic, since a lot of the guys with the NW4,5,6 do not choose to transplant the crown

That means basically that they transplant the top, and sync the edges up with the hairline that exists now. To me a lot of the guys, even though they do look better. I am not sure if IMO the after shot in many of the pics, is worth the pain and expense, in comparison to the before shot.

They do look without a doubt improved. and I am taking the guys who are NW6,7 mostly, (if there is a 7, lol). Because those are the worst case scenarios.

What concernes me is that the crown eats so many grafts, and most of those guys who are advanced choose to not even bother with the crown and leave it that way. (the smart ones, IMO) .

But in my case what I need MOST, is the crown, the top front actually does not look too bad and if many of those guys had my top front they might not even bother transplanting hairs there.

I have no doubt that Dr A or many surgeons could transplant about 3000 grafts and give me a great top front hairline , making it look much better even than it looks now. No problem.

But if I went in and I cannot get the crown done, and I do not think it would be adviseable for me to do the crown since the area is so large…then it might be a waste of time and money for me, since I dont care much about improving the front. What I want to avoid is getting a bald area transplanted and having the new hair meet the already existing part. That to me is a bit of a longterm lifetime committment since in the future when the part line recedes further down I have no choice but to go in for a touchup procedure , or else I would look a bit freakish.

Had I not had a transplant and the part receded, no problem its just natural recession.

Do you understand what I am getting at?

Ya, I understand completely.

The crown does soak up a lot of grafts, especially for a natural look.

However, I think the front and the crown are the most important, the middle (or very top of the head) is the least important IMO.

I think the middle of the head can be hidden with longer hair, whereas the front and crown can’t really be hidden. In your case, if the front does not need much attention, maybe it is still a viable option for you.

I am a NW 5 or 6 I think, and need a large transplant. Dr. A seems to be amazing at these.

My concern is that I always keep my hair buzzed, and I am worried that the strip scar will show, even with FUE implanted in.

» Ya, I understand completely.
»
» The crown does soak up a lot of grafts, especially for a natural look.
»
» However, I think the front and the crown are the most important, the
» middle (or very top of the head) is the least important IMO.
»
» I think the middle of the head can be hidden with longer hair, whereas the
» front and crown can’t really be hidden. In your case, if the front does
» not need much attention, maybe it is still a viable option for you.
»
» I am a NW 5 or 6 I think, and need a large transplant. Dr. A seems to be
» amazing at these.
»
» My concern is that I always keep my hair buzzed, and I am worried that the
» strip scar will show, even with FUE implanted in.

Personally I would not get strip, there are too many issues with even numbness
however
I am certainly no trans expert, and Dr A is IMO top 10 surgeon in the world for this procedure , all types of strip or FUE so

but the strip does IMO seem to be the one that produces much better looking hair after pics, the one by one FUE for some reason seems to lose a lot of grafts in the process maybe its the grafts are transected during removal

strip just scares me how it looks
FUE though u have to be careful not to take out thousands and thousands of grafts or else your donor area looks like BB shots afterwards

I dont know just looking at Dr As website I still have to decide if its worth it down the road

sure it looks great after the procedure but
if the sides and back recede further, you MUST go in for more transplants, you have no choice
thats what makes me think , do I want this

one positive I have is my recession is pretty much stopped
for 10 yrs
chances of mine getting worse are very smal compared to most guys since my internal DHT blocker regimen seems to work great on me

Hey guys
I had around 6500 fue with dr. A, and i’m trying to post pictures from different periods dating back to 3 years ago. one of the problems would be that i lost more hair since then, so the reference to the before and after wuld be harder.
And as we all know, diffrent lights and angles provide a high illusion to the quality of the photos. even the photos that i took now, don’t seem to do justice to how the hair looks in reality. my girlfriend is a photographer, and still she can’t represent what it really looks like

» » no not at all. Just Seeing ht in person is way more important in my
» opinion
» » no matter what doc you choose. That’s all. It should be the final step
» in
»
»
» » ht research
»
» So I should make a special trip to Mumbai to just talk to a few patients?
»
» More likely arrive a day or two early and talk to some patients to me
» would make more sense. and I guess if I did not like what I saw I could
» just cancel the procedure

thought you should know-- he is located in new delhi:-)

» Hey guys
» I had around 6500 fue with dr. A, and i’m trying to post pictures from
» different periods dating back to 3 years ago. one of the problems would be
» that i lost more hair since then, so the reference to the before and after
» wuld be harder.
» And as we all know, diffrent lights and angles provide a high illusion to
» the quality of the photos. even the photos that i took now, don’t seem to
» do justice to how the hair looks in reality. my girlfriend is a
» photographer, and still she can’t represent what it really looks like

Are you happy with the results?

that’s true . I forgot to mention that he’s in delhi.
the thing about the results is that when i had the transplants, they were done in thining spots. but now since my hair is thining more , the transplans become more visible of course. it shows all the angulation of the follicles. and i think this is one of dr. A’s cons, the angulation. some good amount of the hairs point at a 90 degree vertical angle from my scalp, instead of pointing to a 45 degree or less. so it is disappointing in that sense. i’m trying to capture this angulaton problem with the photos that i want to post but it seems a bit hard.

and to tell the truth, i don’t understadn why it should be a big problem to orient the hair in the right direction, especially when i first decided to approach dr. A, i remember that one of his posts was focused on the angulation issue and how hairs should be oriented, but in reality that doesnt happen with him.
I still think he’s a good dr.

» that’s true . I forgot to mention that he’s in delhi.
» the thing about the results is that when i had the transplants, they were
» done in thining spots. but now since my hair is thining more , the
» transplans become more visible of course. it shows all the angulation of
» the follicles. and i think this is one of dr. A’s cons, the angulation.
» some good amount of the hairs point at a 90 degree vertical angle from my
» scalp, instead of pointing to a 45 degree or less. so it is disappointing
» in that sense. i’m trying to capture this angulaton problem with the photos
» that i want to post but it seems a bit hard.
»
» and to tell the truth, i don’t understadn why it should be a big problem
» to orient the hair in the right direction, especially when i first decided
» to approach dr. A, i remember that one of his posts was focused on the
» angulation issue and how hairs should be oriented, but in reality that
» doesnt happen with him.
» I still think he’s a good dr.

So you think your hair is not planted in the correct direction? the transplanted hairs?

http://www.fusehair.com/image/tid/265

Actually Dr A seems to be just as guilty as other docs of showing only the best angles

take the above patient for example, he is a NW 6 who got according to the doc 3000 strip grafts

but look at the after pics

he refuses to show the patients head leaning forward
not much you can tell with that angle

Hanging what about using body hair? What’s your take on body hair?