Donor area examination - 1 year after CIT harvesting

Hi forum members,

I have attached donor photos of our latest Norwood V patient who recieved 2700 CIT grafts. You will see that not only do we see growth, but he doesn’t have to wear his hair long on the front or back if he desires. Like FUE, CIT doesn’t leave patients with linear scars as in strip surgery (FUT). These professional photos featured below were taken in our clinic as we examined the donor area.

Hair line results: 2700 CIT to Front & Crown - Results

USA: 1 678 566 1011

Toll Free: (800) 368-4247

Good job Dr. Cole. The donor looks fantastic.

» Like FUE, CIT doesn’t leave patients with linear scars as in strip surgery
» (FUT). These professional photos featured below were taken in our clinic
» as we examined the donor area.
»

CIT IS FUE

It looks like every doctor feels an irresistible need to come up with his very own name and call it a breakthrough.

Good result. This should silence a lot of the critics about white dots from fue.

It’s always nice to see a spotless donor site. I don’t fue doctors are showing the donor site frequent enough. It’s as important as the recipient, after all one of the main reasons people want fue is the ability to cut the hair short later on.

Excellent work. Thanks for sharing that. I am sure a lot of people appreciate seeing this.

Well I am impressed. Do you think if you can do another 2700 on him without showing any white dots?

» Good job Dr. Cole. The donor looks fantastic.

Kudos,

Speechless.

These photos are on demand, pay-per-view style. Looks good from front to back. Thanks for sharing such photos to patient and clinic. Whoa!

It looks pretty nice the way it is. No way anyone would ever notice anything fishy if they weren’t trained to know about FUE scars.

But on the other hand, I don’t see any possible way for another couple thousand grafts to come out of that area.

FUE’s ultimate donor limits are nothing like with strip.

That’s what I want to know too, on average what is the maximum no. of grafts a doctor can get using FUE? I can’t really plan ahead without knowing this.

» It looks pretty nice the way it is. No way anyone would ever notice
» anything fishy if they weren’t trained to know about FUE scars.
»
» But on the other hand, I don’t see any possible way for another couple
» thousand grafts to come out of that area.
»
»
»
» FUE’s ultimate donor limits are nothing like with strip.

» It looks pretty nice the way it is. No way anyone would ever notice
» anything fishy if they weren’t trained to know about FUE scars.
»
» But on the other hand, I don’t see any possible way for another couple
» thousand grafts to come out of that area.
»
»
»
» FUE’s ultimate donor limits are nothing like with strip.

That guy has very good donor density. I bet he can take out another 2700 grafts and his donor will still look ok.

» That’s what I want to know too, on average what is the maximum no. of
» grafts a doctor can get using FUE? I can’t really plan ahead without
» knowing this.
»
» » It looks pretty nice the way it is. No way anyone would ever notice
» » anything fishy if they weren’t trained to know about FUE scars.
» »
» » But on the other hand, I don’t see any possible way for another couple
» » thousand grafts to come out of that area.
» »
» »
» »
» » FUE’s ultimate donor limits are nothing like with strip.

Good question. The human eye can’t detect the difference between 100 and 200 hairs per square centimeter. Usually a donor area can have at least 20% of the overall density harvested before you begin to see any noticeable thinning. The average donor density is 80 follicular units per square centimeter. Many patients can have approximately 4000 scalp grafts harvested before seeing obvious thinning on the donor. Patients of Asian decent would have a slightly lower donor density as Asians predominately have smaller follicular units (2 hair follicular units). The final answer would be determined by each patient’s characteristics.

USA: 1 678 566-1011
Toll Free: 800 368 4247

My advice is not medical advice

I don’t think it looks 100% fine right now. It already has some thinning & gaps from what I can see.

It just looks good enough to fool almost any normal person looking at it right now. You’d have to really know what you’re looking at to spot what was wrong. 99.5% of the population wouldn’t catch it right now.

But take another 2700 FUE off that same shaved area as before, and I think there would be much more of a noticeable difference.

Honestly I don’t think very many normal people off the street would be able to spot it readily even then.

But I’ll bet an FUE-informed person would know it with one look from a few feet of distance. And even a non-FUE-informed person would probably notice the area is pretty “thin” looking, even though they might not be able to put their finger on exactly what was wrong and explain it.

oops.

» » It looks pretty nice the way it is. No way anyone would ever notice
» » anything fishy if they weren’t trained to know about FUE scars.
» »
» » But on the other hand, I don’t see any possible way for another couple
» » thousand grafts to come out of that area.
» »
» »
» »
» » FUE’s ultimate donor limits are nothing like with strip.
»
» That guy has very good donor density. I bet he can take out another 2700
» grafts and his donor will still look ok.

One could assume that it would be possible to go for another pass in this case after observing the hair characteristics of this patient. CIT or FUE extraction can be performed on the entire donor area to achieve maximal harvesting. The visibility of a thinning look could be more visible as additionl harvesting is performed. The donor harvesting could be just as unnoticeable with a second pass but still isn’t guaranteed. FUE / CIT generally is better with harvesting hair. In Strip (FUT), so many precious hairs will be damaged just to harvest the strip from the donor.

CIT, was 1.0 mm punch used on this guy ? What about Cole’s new technology? What’s that all about?

» CIT, was 1.0 mm punch used on this guy ? What about Cole’s new technology?
» What’s that all about?

Is CIT harvesting filling up your donor area with body hair?

» » CIT, was 1.0 mm punch used on this guy ? What about Cole’s new
» technology?
» » What’s that all about?
»
» Is CIT harvesting filling up your donor area with body hair?

No. That should be “farming”, I believe.