Does the dotted scar from FUE minimize as time goes by

I know with strip it takes a whole year for the donor scar to heal and minimize. Does the dotted scar from FUE minimize as well?

» I know with strip it takes a whole year for the donor scar to heal and
» minimize. Does the dotted scar from FUE minimize as well?

I don’t think so, they probably get bigger over time as our skin laxity decreases.

I don’t think I have any white dot scarring from my FUE… I keep my hair pretty short and have never noticed it…

» I don’t think I have any white dot scarring from my FUE… I keep my hair
» pretty short and have never noticed it…

Well number #1/2 guard, and 1 #guard it’s not noticible but just to see the real results from the dotted scarring I cut it to a #0 and the dotted scar are noticible.

» » I don’t think I have any white dot scarring from my FUE… I keep my
» hair
» » pretty short and have never noticed it…
»
» Well number #1/2 guard, and 1 #guard it’s not noticible but just to see
» the real results from the dotted scarring I cut it to a #0 and the dotted
» scar are noticible.

Can you post some pics? Who did your procedure?

» » I don’t think I have any white dot scarring from my FUE… I keep my
» hair
» » pretty short and have never noticed it…
»
» Well number #1/2 guard, and 1 #guard it’s not noticible but just to see
» the real results from the dotted scarring I cut it to a #0 and the dotted
» scar are noticible.

Can you post some pics, I want to see how bad the white dots can get

» » » I don’t think I have any white dot scarring from my FUE… I keep my
» » hair
» » » pretty short and have never noticed it…
» »
» » Well number #1/2 guard, and 1 #guard it’s not noticible but just to see
» » the real results from the dotted scarring I cut it to a #0 and the
» dotted
» » scar are noticible.
»
» Can you post some pics, I want to see how bad the white dots can get

I’m going to be fair and give it 2 month for it to completely heal and when I can buzz my sides again I’ll take the pics & post the final result. The FUE dotted scar It’s not that bad unless you get fades, lower than a #1 guard on the sides. It can be visible but not to the point that it would look like a dotted scar unless you get a skin fade or light fade on the sides. Thats my opinion but compare to strip scar of course it’s a big improvement as far as that goes.

» I know with strip it takes a whole year for the donor scar to heal and
» minimize. Does the dotted scar from FUE minimize as well?

All scars minimize to some degree. I think the proper question you want to ask is “To what degree will a FUE scar minimize.” Scar minimization depends on the person and genetics. To minimize scarring, you’ll want to take plenty of zinc, vitC and vitE. If you’re subjected to keloids, you’re pretty much SOL, but your doctor should have tested you for this. I believe this is generally while you’re healing, so I’m not sure how well it’ll work with FUE.

If you’re wondering if you can shave to a zero and see no signs, I hate to tell you that you won’t see that - especially if you had a large FUE session. This has nothing to do with FUE itself, but the fact that you’re putting more scarring, which just becomes more noticeable due to the number of scars.

»
» I’m going to be fair and give it 2 month for it to completely heal and
» when I can buzz my sides again I’ll take the pics & post the final result.
» The FUE dotted scar It’s not that bad unless you get fades, lower than a #1
» guard on the sides. It can be visible but not to the point that it would
» look like a dotted scar unless you get a skin fade or light fade on the
» sides. Thats my opinion but compare to strip scar of course it’s a big
» improvement as far as that goes.

So I’m assuming you just had the procedure? Yeah, the spots were pretty obvious up until about 2 weeks, and then slowly faded. I kept my hair a bit longer for the first 3 or 4 months to hide anything so people wouldn’t notice, but now I cut it down to a #1 and nothing is visible at all.

When appropriate instrumentation and physician skill are combined- FUE extractions can be easily undetectable even in several days (the redness of course will still be a factor for weeks to come but that is standard healing).This is true even with a #0 on the clippers. This is where doing your research prior to FUE is important in your physician selection to ensure FUE extraction is not an issue for an legnth of time after the procedure.(There should be no dotted scar concerns) Worries of healing and detection should be left for strip procedures -not FUE in todays world . (But do your homework).

17,000 body hair grafts + 2000 scalp hair grafts by Dr Umar