Does sebhorric dermatisis increase hair shedding

i have suffered from sebhorric dermatasis(S.D) since ten years, that is since i started loosing my hair. dont know where it came from.
anyway the only medicine available to (not treat it) but control it are someshampoos like nizoral.
i 've seen a lot of people in these forums using nizoral. is it because they r suffering from S.D.
also i heard some have burning sensation on the scalp which is one of the effects of (S.D)
anyway if someone knows how to control it , please support solutions
and does it contribute to hair loss???

All those using ketaconazole here do not suffer from seborrheic dermatitis. Ketaconazole has got anti-androgen properties as well.

» i have suffered from sebhorric dermatasis(S.D) since ten years, that is
» since i started loosing my hair. dont know where it came from.
» anyway the only medicine available to (not treat it) but control it are
» someshampoos like nizoral.
» i 've seen a lot of people in these forums using nizoral. is it because
» they r suffering from S.D.
» also i heard some have burning sensation on the scalp which is one of the
» effects of (S.D)
» anyway if someone knows how to control it , please support solutions
» and does it contribute to hair loss???

» All those using ketaconazole here do not suffer from seborrheic dermatitis.
» Ketaconazole has got anti-androgen properties as well.
»
» » i have suffered from sebhorric dermatasis(S.D) since ten years, that is
» » since i started loosing my hair. dont know where it came from.
» » anyway the only medicine available to (not treat it) but control it
» are
» » someshampoos like nizoral.
» » i 've seen a lot of people in these forums using nizoral. is it because
» » they r suffering from S.D.
» » also i heard some have burning sensation on the scalp which is one of
» the
» » effects of (S.D)
» » anyway if someone knows how to control it , please support solutions
» » and does it contribute to hair loss???

I don’t think so because the skin cell shed more rapidly not hair from my experience.

Anyone has experience or advise how to stop sebhorric dermatisis. it’s killing me. burn and pain

» Anyone has experience or advise how to stop sebhorric dermatisis. it’s
» killing me. burn and pain

Avoid raffined food, avoid sugar food ( some fruits is OK), try also the Aloe vera gel its reportedly good for your condition.and EXPOSE yourself TO SUN daily!

Best regards.

» i have suffered from sebhorric dermatasis(S.D) since ten years, that is
» since i started loosing my hair. dont know where it came from.
» anyway the only medicine available to (not treat it) but control it are
» someshampoos like nizoral.
» i 've seen a lot of people in these forums using nizoral. is it because
» they r suffering from S.D.
» also i heard some have burning sensation on the scalp which is one of the
» effects of (S.D)
» anyway if someone knows how to control it , please support solutions
» and does it contribute to hair loss???

Hi quarterhead,

Most fellow hair loss sufferers use nizoral because it contains Minoxidil. Minoxidil stimulates hair growth when applied to normal skin. It can cause irritation even if you have normal skin and may worsen the skin of individuals who have pre-existing skin conditions.

Seborrheic dermatitis is a skin condition that can cause you to experience increased shedding if not properly treated. Usually the hair loss is temporary if an individual has it on the scalp and treats the condition. I have noticed that spicy foods, stress, many facial cleansing products can cause the condition to worsen on the affected areas of the skin. This inflammation of the skin is extremely uncomfortable for those who suffer from this condition. Common areas on the body that are affected by this skin condition can be the lower back, face and scalp.

My advice is not medical advice.

nizoral does not contain minoxidil…it contains 1% ketoconazole

» nizoral does not contain minoxidil…it contains 1% ketoconazole

Hi Benji,

Yes. You are correct about Nizoral. I meant to say:

Most fellow hair loss sufferers use Rogaine because it contains Minoxidil. Minoxidil stimulates hair growth when applied to normal skin. It can cause irritation even if you have normal skin and may worsen the skin of individuals who have pre-existing skin conditions. Nizoral is ideal for gentle maintenance and cleansing of the scalp. The cleansing alone can help combat hair loss.

Seborrheic dermatitis is a skin condition that can cause you to experience increased shedding if not properly treated. Usually the hair loss is temporary if an individual has it on the scalp and treats the condition. I have noticed that spicy foods, stress, many facial cleansing products can cause the condition to worsen on the affected areas of the skin. This inflammation of the skin is extremely uncomfortable for those who suffer from this condition. Common areas on the body that are affected by this skin condition can be the lower back, face and scalp.

» it seems as though inflammation plays a role in hairloss, the significance of which is still yet to be determined, but there seems to be quite a correlation. it’s possible that many inflammatory stimuli may conspire to initiate or exacerbate the shedding of hair and miniturization of the follicle, thus “normal” hair cycling. inflammation, even at the subclinical level, seems to have a deleterious effect on all tissues of the body, including those that make up the “miniature organ” that some regard the hair follicle to be. it stands to reason that any way of combating inflammation may help hair thinning/shedding. furthermore, as someone else has posted, ketocanazole which is often used for seb dermatitis, also has anti-androgenic signaling properties. it is resaonable to suggest that many antioxidants/anti-inflammatory agents may very well have multiple modes of action that involve alterations of the extremely complex signaling environment within the skin/scalp and hair follicle. practically speaking, many guys seem to have used nizoral and thought it helped. try it out for yourself. it is sold over the counter and has been on the market for quite some time. i can recall guys on bodybuilding forums discussing nizoral shampoo as being part of their routine since the early 90s. that population of men may not be the most representative of it’s effectiveness since they are often times adding massive exogenous androgenic and anabolic agents into their systems, but i don’t recall many negative side effects in the dialogue, perhaps just an itchy scalp if over used. try it out and see what’s what for yourself, it should cost around US$20-$25. good luck.

jonesing

» nizoral does not contain minoxidil…it contains 1%
» ketoconazole
»
» Hi Benji,
»
» Yes. You are correct about Nizoral. I meant to say:
»
» Most fellow hair loss sufferers use Rogaine because it
» contains Minoxidil. Minoxidil stimulates hair growth when applied to normal
» skin. It can cause irritation even if you have normal skin and may worsen
» the skin of individuals who have pre-existing skin conditions. Nizoral is
» ideal for gentle maintenance and cleansing of the scalp. The cleansing
» alone can help combat hair loss.
»
» Seborrheic dermatitis is a skin condition that can cause you to experience
» increased shedding if not properly treated. Usually the hair loss is
» temporary if an individual has it on the scalp and treats the condition. I
» have noticed that spicy foods, stress, many facial cleansing products can
» cause the condition to worsen on the affected areas of the skin. This
» inflammation of the skin is extremely uncomfortable for those who suffer
» from this condition. Common areas on the body that are affected by this
» skin condition can be the lower back, face and scalp.

please read my last post, i submitted my reply improperly. sorry guys.

jonesing

» Anyone has experience or advise how to stop sebhorric dermatisis. it’s
» killing me. burn and pain

I alternate anti-dandruff shampoos. From my experience, it seems using just one works temporarily, but loses its effectiveness over time. I alternate days with Loprox (prescription and expensive), Head and Shoulders Sensitive Scalp, and Biotin B-Complex Shampoo by Avalon Organics. The Loprox is the most effective for me. I only use it ever 3rd day sparingly. If I remove it my dermatitis flares up. I’ve tried to substitute (piroctone olamine, nizoral, etc) but can’t find anything as effective.

Hope this helps.

hey chiahead

it seems true what ur saying
i used some products, and they help for some time and then my scalp becomes sensitive to them that it makes it even worst than not using any product.

what was the name of the mst useful shamppo u found and where can i find it

thank u

» what was the name of the mst useful shamppo u found and where can i find
» it
»
» thank u

The brand name is LOPROX (Ciclopirox olamine). Available only by prescription that I know of. Again, I would not use it alone because:

1. it is expensive
  2. i believe it is more effective to alternate with other anti-dandruff shampoos

Looks like STIEPROX is the equivalent outside the US.

i’m in the states.
do uhave any easy suggestion for me.
nizoral worked then it caused the stiuation to become worse. same with diprosalic lotion.
what to do

» i’m in the states.
» do uhave any easy suggestion for me.
» nizoral worked then it caused the stiuation to become worse. same with
» diprosalic lotion.
» what to do

Dandruff is Seborrheic dermatitis. Go buy H&S Sensitive Scalp, T-Gel, and Selsun Blue (you can get these at any Walmart, etc). These all have different active ingredients. Use ONE once a day, alternating shampoos like I suggested before (H&S Monday, T-Gel Tues, Selsun Wed, H&S Thursday, etc, etc).

If that doesn’t work, go see a dermatologist and get Loprox, or order Stieprox online. Looks like it is available through some online pharamacies.

thanks chia . ur my che head of 21st century.
not many give a good advise
i will check it out