Does Propecia cause depression,tiredness,etc

Does Propecia cause depression,tiredness,etc.

I have tried researching this,but got no answers.

I seem to be depressed,perhaps thats to strong a word,perhaps I should say fed up,tired more just lately.Is there any connection with taking propecia.

I actually seem more alive at work,this maybe to do with my minds on other things

Propecia & Mood / Depression

I have just found a link,what backs up what I thought,any ideas welcome,what should I do now.I’d like to keep what hair I’ve got - Advise wanted.

See link

http://www.keratin.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6857&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

What dosage are you taking??

Usually it will go away on its own. Try to get off fin for a few days until you feel normal and then get back on. I did it with dutasteride and it worked.

» Propecia & Mood / Depression
»
» I have just found a link,what backs up what I thought,any ideas
» welcome,what should I do now.I’d like to keep what hair I’ve got - Advise
» wanted.
»
» See link
»
» http://www.keratin.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6857&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Finasteride side effects = high estrogen side effects.

» Finasteride side effects = high estrogen side effects.

Yes finasteride can cause depression in some people. Also the side effects are WAY MORE PREVALENT than the literature states. I would say at least 50% of the people get some form of sexual side effect.

Agreed.

We can debate the true percentage all day, but plain old common sense says that it’s much higher than the official figure.

I’m glad I’m not the onl one thinking so. When I see their numbers I really ask which monkey did the studies and came up witht he figures. From the forums and from personal real life situations with people I know, I would say 30-40% of people suffer from the sexual sides.

» Agreed.
»
» We can debate the true percentage all day, but plain old common sense says
» that it’s much higher than the official figure.

But studies quote this high percentage as due to “nocebo” effect.

Isolated reports of depression have also occurred in patients taking finasteride. This adverse effect still needs further investigation, but it is something to consider in patients with a known history of severe depression.

Ref:
Altomare G., Capella G.L.: Depression circumstantially related to the administration of finasteride for androgenetic alopecia. J Dermatol 29. 665-669.2002;

Rahimi-Ardabili B., Pourandarjani R., Habibollahi P., Mualeki A.: Finasteride-induced depression: a prospective study. BMC Clin Pharmacol 6. 7.2006;

People cite this “alarming” stats and facts about what Fin can potentially do, while the same guys take all sorts of risks doing regular illegal drugs just for fun. And most of us would put battery acid on our heads if it would magically sprout a permanent NW#1 again.

If Finasteride really had a 1-2% side effects rate, then almost everyone on this website would be popping Fin like candy and getting on with their lives. I think the fact that Fin has not drastically reduced the entire MPB issue for the entire population is a demonstration of the real side effect problem.

It just doesn’t hold water to say that more men aren’t on this stuff because they’re “concerned about the risks.” That argument hardly does ANYTHING to dampen men’s desire to save their hair when we’re talking about other drugs & things.

And the argument that the price of Fin has kept it from being popular? All I have to say to that is “FUE work.”

Few balding men wouldn’t pony up the price of some Proscar pills if it wasn’t also killing their willy the whole time.

» Propecia & Mood / Depression
»
» I have just found a link,what backs up what I thought,any ideas
» welcome,what should I do now.I’d like to keep what hair I’ve got - Advise
» wanted.
»
» See link
»
» http://www.keratin.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6857&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I’d advise you go see a doctor, he might be able to prescribe you smth for your depression, or also you can try switch to DUT, see if the side effects will be the same

» » Propecia & Mood / Depression
» »
» » I have just found a link,what backs up what I thought,any ideas
» » welcome,what should I do now.I’d like to keep what hair I’ve got -
» Advise
» » wanted.
» »
» » See link
» »
» »
»
» I’d advise you go see a doctor, he might be able to prescribe you smth for
» your depression, or also you can try switch to DUT, see if the side effects
» will be the same

Thanks for the advise,That was 13 months ago - I’m fine now.I will put it down to just being over worked at the time of my original posting.

I hope you never just got these really old postings up,just so you can put your very late comment in,just so you can advertise your link - SHARK!

You should ask your doctor before taking this pill. It may have some side effects. It depends on the health conditions of patient.

» You should ask your doctor before taking this pill. It may have some side
» effects. It depends on the health conditions of patient.

calvindoyle this is just a very old posting dragged up by a salesman - selling propecia and similer.I was more or likely just over worked.Fine now.Still needing hair,but I shave it down now,so I do not have to get p*ssed off with thinning hair look.

I’ve taken fin for 7 months and I had to quit it because of sexual sides. The mood also was very dark and depressed. Besides I was always tired. After having quitted it, in a month I was back to normality, both in sexual life than in the mood. Orgasms got way more intense… And I was really astonished by the feeling of wellness, energy, relief…

Not talking about dut… at least fin didn’t cause me brainfog…

In my opinion in some people (maybe few) that stuff could alter the perception of pleasure.

Again, sorry for the english.

» I’ve taken fin for 7 months and I had to quit it because of sexual sides.
» The mood also was very dark and depressed. Besides I was always tired.
» After having quitted it, in a month I was back to normality, both in sexual
» life than in the mood. Orgasms got way more intense… And I was really
» astonished by the feeling of wellness, energy, relief…
»
» Not talking about dut… at least fin didn’t cause me brainfog…
»
» In my opinion in some people (maybe few) that stuff could alter the
» perception of pleasure.
»
» Again, sorry for the english.

Yes ive been trying to take propecia for years even with anti-estrogens,ect, and i get MASSIVE depression from it and a very dark doom and gloom feeling every time i try it. Ive NEVER felt like this in my life before despite what i had going on and this type of depression i beleive it called clinical depression, which is no matter how good things are in your life you still feel massively depressed and dont even care about life, scary. Dont even ask about avodart, that drug was even worse. Im just going to use RU 58841 and topical 5% spiro, some natural things,ect.

» » I’ve taken fin for 7 months and I had to quit it because of sexual
» sides.
» » The mood also was very dark and depressed. Besides I was always tired.
» » After having quitted it, in a month I was back to normality, both in
» sexual
» » life than in the mood. Orgasms got way more intense… And I was really
» » astonished by the feeling of wellness, energy, relief…
» »
» » Not talking about dut… at least fin didn’t cause me brainfog…
» »
» » In my opinion in some people (maybe few) that stuff could alter the
» » perception of pleasure.
» »
» » Again, sorry for the english.
»
»
» Yes ive been trying to take propecia for years even with
» anti-estrogens,ect, and i get MASSIVE depression from it and a very dark
» doom and gloom feeling every time i try it. Ive NEVER felt like this in my
» life before despite what i had going on and this type of depression i
» beleive it called clinical depression, which is no matter how good things
» are in your life you still feel massively depressed and dont even care
» about life, scary. Dont even ask about avodart, that drug was even worse.
» Im just going to use RU 58841 and topical 5% spiro, some natural
» things,ect.

Hi rawman, I am really interested in your story. Did you also experienced any kind of sexual side while on propecia?

I am starting in the next few days topical spiro 2%. I know it’s not that much, but I’m going to increase the percentage as soon as I’m sure that it is sides-free. And I am also very fascinated by Ru, even though I’m concerned about its safety (and its costs).

Would you please let me know your results when you will be on ru? (I’ve tried to send you a private message but I’m still trying to figure out how to do it in this forum)

Thanks a lot and good luck!

» Thanks for the advise,That was 13 months ago - I’m fine now.I will put it
» down to just being over worked at the time of my original posting.
»
» I hope you never just got these really old postings up,just so you can put
» your very late comment in,just so you can advertise your link - SHARK!

I’m really sorry if it seemed like this, it’s just that I’m pretty new to the forum, and it never occurred to me that this post might be that old (didn’t notice a post date to be somewhere)

PS: if the one on the left side under the username is the post date, them I’m sorry once again, I thought it to be the join date

» Hi rawman, I am really interested in your story. Did you also experienced
» any kind of sexual side while on propecia?
»
» I am starting in the next few days topical spiro 2%. I know it’s not that
» much, but I’m going to increase the percentage as soon as I’m sure that it
» is sides-free. And I am also very fascinated by Ru, even though I’m
» concerned about its safety (and its costs).
»
» Would you please let me know your results when you will be on ru? (I’ve
» tried to send you a private message but I’m still trying to figure out how
» to do it in this forum)
»
» Thanks a lot and good luck!

I’ve had similar problems with propecia. I had a continuous unwelcome feeling while taking it… It has been a dreadful experience for me and I’m happy I quit…

I’m now using RU since a year ago. Unfortunately there are some problems with the Italian customs, but I’ve someway managed to get it…

I’m having impressive results and I hope to get better and better.

Best.
M.

» » Thanks for the advise,That was 13 months ago - I’m fine now.I will put
» it
» » down to just being over worked at the time of my original posting.
» »
» » I hope you never just got these really old postings up,just so you can
» put
» » your very late comment in,just so you can advertise your link - SHARK!
»
» I’m really sorry if it seemed like this, it’s just that I’m pretty new to
» the forum, and it never occurred to me that this post might be that old
» (didn’t notice a post date to be somewhere)
»
» PS: if the one on the left side under the username is the post date, them
» I’m sorry once again, I thought it to be the join date

Hi kurejikuraun, yes i am trying to figure out how to send private messages myself, i dont think we can. Hairsite?

Yes i did experience sexual sides, it didnt really reduce my sex drive, but my sexual pleasure, or arousal. Like i wouldnt get as turned on and in the moment as i usually do, and its like i didnt get nearly as much pleasure out of it and my passion for it was greatly reduced.

Definetly sucks this drug is definetly not for me. It also gave me anxiety and made me feel nervous all the time. Im not my usual calm cool self and made me feel a lot less alpha male. I mean its no wonder your androgens are what is responsible for you feeling like a man or alpha male, and DHT is the most potent one. Testosterone doesnt make you feel as manly as DHT does, its just anabolic so it builds muscle but androgenic hormones are more responsible for your energy, male characteristics, agression, mood, sex drive,ect. Testosterone takes a lot of the credit for what DHT is responsible for.