Does Anyone Recall?

Seeing pictures posted by Dr. A (I believe) showing where he had removed ingrown hair cysts from a previous donor incision?

Thank you

» Seeing pictures posted by Dr. A (I believe) showing where he had removed
» ingrown hair cysts from a previous donor incision?
»
» Thank you

It was Dr. A, I remember that pic, one word: DISGUSTING.

Yes, they were pictures of curled up, mutant-looking hairs encased in goo.

» Seeing pictures posted by Dr. A (I believe) showing where he had removed
» ingrown hair cysts from a previous donor incision?
»
» Thank you

Dear Jtelecom,
Yes, they were pictures showing what can go wrong if clinics profess to offer fue without proper training.
In that case, and 2 others, we saw patients that had been operated by a particular clinic, where entire “minigrafts” had been cored and were found residing below the healed dermis.

I believe that must have happened on account of -

1. Too much tumescing fluids, and,
  2. Full depth coring with, probably, a blunt punch.

These 2 factors may have led to the grafts slipping below the dermis.

We have submitted the case series for publication.

Regards,
Dr. A

You must be referring to this

<QUOTE - reprint from an earlier post>

While extracting the strip, they found the follicular unit grouping (outlined in the blue square).

On further examination, these had hair that had grown to 1 to 2 inches in length.

They were excised.

Some were also found on the lower surface of the strip.

These were separated from the strip.

Following is a picture of two of them. They consist of a jumble of live hair, skin and its dead derivatives, alongwith the granulation tissue formed as a result of the body’s protective instinct to encapsulate them.

12_file20.wmv

I was wrong. I thought that it was from improper donor closure in a strip procedure. It is fascinating yet quite disgusting. Thanks to both for the replies.

I remember the post. The patient was repaired by Dr. Arvind and follow up pictures were posted at 5 mths.
Its so important not to rush into an HT and do your research well.