Documented case of high donor density - Photos

Our surgical team recently had the pleasure of successfully transplanting approximately 1,000 CIT grafts onto the frontal scalp of this Norwood III patient. This featured patient went to a well known clinic to have strip (FUT) hair transplant method performed prior to visiting our clinic. Below are the documented surgical photos and a microscope photo showing various donor follicular units transplanted to the recipient area. The patient had extremely high donor density of 230 hairs per square centimeter with medium-fine hair. For example, typical Caucasian patients usually average 2.25 to 2.3 hairs per follicular unit and have a donor density of 180 hairs per square centimeter (cm2). Typical African and Hispanic patients will have a lower donor density. This particular patient had an extremely high follicular density of 102 follicular units per square centimeter with 80 hairs per cm2 being about the average. Of the harvested follicular units, the patient actually averaged over 3 hairs per follicular unit.

The quality of both donor hair and the transplanted hair grafts is what can make hair transplant surgery a viable solution to restore hair loss. In this case, the quality and care of the transplanted donor hair are exceedingly above standard. There was no reported transection of grafts on this case and we expect the final outcome to be a home run.

Surgery photo

Microscope photo

Free online consultation form

Toll Free: 800 368 4247
USA: 1 678 5661011

That dude is in about the situation Im in. I have a little more hair than that probably…not a bunch though.

It will be interesting to see his afters.

» That dude is in about the situation Im in. I have a little more hair than
» that probably…not a bunch though.
»
»
» It will be interesting to see his afters.

I agree. We really need to follow this case. This patient has very good donor characteristics and many large groups of follicular units. This is a very good situation to be in if you have hair loss.