Do u need a perscription to get Cyclosporin?

nt

Yeah.

And you ain’t even gonna get the prescription unless you’ve got a bald doctor who is sympathetic to your case enough to risk getting himself in trouble over it.

Cyclosporine isn’t exactly like asking for Finasteride or something.

is there a non perscription med that we can use instead?

» is there a non perscription med that we can use instead?

You really should do a better research . You can not take a drug without know it anything about it .

» is there a non perscription med that we can use instead?
India… @ your own risk.

I got it generic off a website called rx2world.com

Just search for generic cyclosporin (it was called something else). They came in 50 mg pills, which aint nearly enough.

Cyclo is typically taken twice a day, once in the morn and once at night. The usual dosage for eczema is 250mgs a day, but its like 500-600 mgs for other things.

For organ rejection its about 1000 mgs a day, 500 in the morn and 500 at night.

If you drink grapefruit juice with it, you are probably at least doubling your dosage of it because grapefruit inhibits the enzyme that metabolizes it.

If you order it, and get it (I think rx2world is out of it right now, but there are other sites that sell cyclo…just google and search for generic cyclo, cyclo, etc.), read whatever info comes with it about dosage. In fact look up info on cyclo and dosages. You will feel much better about taking it after reading what Ive read. Cyclosporin is something that is used MUCH more often that I would have ever thought. If you use it for two weeks or so, it should be OK. There are people who have to take it for several months and even longer. It will make you tired though. Thats the one side effect I did get…some fatigue.

I think Mike Walters has a point about re-epilithialization and the hair forming period. As we can see with wnt-inhibition with the mice, if wnt is inhibited from day 11-14, only a few hairs are made…and if wnt is inhibited on days 14-17, only a few hairs are made. This tells me something:

Whenever the skin re-epilithializes in full, there is probably about a 7 day “hair making period” to be honest. Just because hair placodes form does not mean they will mature. If you re-epilithialize by day 7 or 8 or 9, you might want to be on the cyclo and getfinib for about seven days after that to be honest. With dermabrasion in particular, the hairs can start to form before the scabs even fall off.

The more I think about this, the more I think it will be about a two week (14 to perhaps 16 day) process to get the very best results. My thinking beforehand was if you re-epilithialized by day 6, then hairs started to form by day 7, and by day 8 you could get off everything…but my thinking has changed.

Re-epilithialization is going to be different for all of us depending on how we choose to wound, how deep we went, etc. That is the thing to watch as the embryonic window is only going to open up for a few days…and we need to be doing the correct things at this time to get the process started. I think the correct things will prove to be immunosuppression and egf-antagonism to start with, and everything else is on top of that.

» I got it generic off a website called rx2world.com
»
» Just search for generic cyclosporin (it was called something else). They
» came in 50 mg pills, which aint nearly enough.
»
»
» Cyclo is typically taken twice a day, once in the morn and once at night.
» The usual dosage for eczema is 250mgs a day, but its like 500-600 mgs for
» other things.
»
» For organ rejection its about 1000 mgs a day, 500 in the morn and 500 at
» night.
»
»
» If you drink grapefruit juice with it, you are probably at least doubling
» your dosage of it because grapefruit inhibits the enzyme that metabolizes
» it.
»
»
» If you order it, and get it (I think rx2world is out of it right now, but
» there are other sites that sell cyclo…just google and search for
» generic cyclo, cyclo, etc.), read whatever info comes with it about dosage.
» In fact look up info on cyclo and dosages. You will feel much better about
» taking it after reading what Ive read. Cyclosporin is something that is
» used MUCH more often that I would have ever thought. If you use it for two
» weeks or so, it should be OK. There are people who have to take it for
» several months and even longer. It will make you tired though. Thats the
» one side effect I did get…some fatigue.
»
»
»
»
»
» I think Mike Walters has a point about re-epilithialization and the hair
» forming period. As we can see with wnt-inhibition with the mice, if wnt is
» inhibited from day 11-14, only a few hairs are made…and if
» wnt is inhibited on days 14-17, only a few hairs are made. This tells me
» something:
»
» Whenever the skin re-epilithializes in full, there is probably about a 7
» day “hair making period” to be honest. Just because hair placodes form does
» not mean they will mature. If you re-epilithialize by day 7 or 8 or 9, you
» might want to be on the cyclo and getfinib for about seven days after that
» to be honest. With dermabrasion in particular, the hairs can start to form
» before the scabs even fall off.
»
»
» The more I think about this, the more I think it will be about a two week
» (14 to perhaps 16 day) process to get the very best results. My thinking
» beforehand was if you re-epilithialized by day 6, then hairs started to
» form by day 7, and by day 8 you could get off everything…but my
» thinking has changed.
»
»
»
» Re-epilithialization is going to be different for all of us depending on
» how we choose to wound, how deep we went, etc. That is the thing to watch
» as the embryonic window is only going to open up for a few
» days…and we need to be doing the correct things at this time
» to get the process started. I think the correct things will prove to be
» immunosuppression and egf-antagonism to start with, and everything else is
» on top of that.

First things first… we will have to agree on how deep/layers of peel to do the experiment. It just adds too many variables when 1 person does 1 layer peel and wait XX days while some do 4-6 layers (like myself) and wait xx days. We got to be consistant to nail this down. I’ve mentioned b4 that a 1 layer peel + getfitnib does nothing because I’ve already tried it. It doesn’t matter what you do about wnt when you can just put itching powder on your scalp and scratch off a bigger layer than a single layer peel. Follica is trying to nail down the wounding so they will know XX days etc to perform the precedure. I’d say with a 25% peel, 3 layers is minimum while I think 4 is better. This is my suggestion, please use ur better judgement when listening to an idiot like myself when doing this. I don’t want to responsible for anybody getting hurt. I survived the peels fine and it was just a minor irritant.

» nt

I’ve said it before but I will say it again, as it’s potentially life threatening. Don’t mess with cyclosporin. It is SERIOUS S###T and doctors only ever prescribe it as a last resort. As in when death is the only other option. Please don’t take any of that stuff. It can mess you up for the rest of your life.
The immunnosuppression aspect of this can be done, I’m sure, safely with topical tacrolimus. Cyclosporine is a hard, nasty and mean drug. It is definitely not to be trifled with.

» » nt
»
» I’ve said it before but I will say it again, as it’s potentially life
» threatening. Don’t mess with cyclosporin. It is SERIOUS S###T and doctors
» only ever prescribe it as a last resort. As in when death is the only other
» option. Please don’t take any of that stuff. It can mess you up for the
» rest of your life.
» The immunnosuppression aspect of this can be done, I’m sure, safely with
» topical tacrolimus. Cyclosporine is a hard, nasty and mean drug. It is
» definitely not to be trifled with.

That’s what I did – topical tacro.

» » nt
»
» I’ve said it before but I will say it again, as it’s potentially life
» threatening.

no pain, no gain

Hypertension and kidney problems are serious side effects of Cs-A.
Always get an opinion from a doctor before using it.

The stuff is no joke. Those of us messing with it are not doing it lightly.

Something like Finasteride is a very mild risk in comparison.

» Hypertension and kidney problems are serious side effects of Cs-A.
» Always get an opinion from a doctor before using it.

No!

death by opportunist cancer and / or infection are the serious side effects of Cyclosporing-A. In short the oral use is idiotic for alopecia.

» » Hypertension and kidney problems are serious side effects of Cs-A.
» » Always get an opinion from a doctor before using it.
»
» No!
»
» death by opportunist cancer and / or infection are the serious side
» effects of Cyclosporing-A. In short the oral use is idiotic for alopecia.

You’re probably right Marco, however, I think Benji is also right in his assessment that our immune system is the major culprit inhibiting the creation of new follicles. What a predicament. What is your opinion of it working topically?

MPB: Here’s a Gilhar Study with Topical Cyclo. It brought back 50 to 100% of their hair from a 4 to 12 month period.

Here’s a link to a study for those who haven’t come across it:

There’s no question that Cyclo applied topically works phenominal results. Getting it up there would be my only concern.

Those considering oral cyclo are better off taking 5.0mg of dutasteride every day.

» MPB: Here’s a Gilhar Study with Topical Cyclo. It brought back 50 to 100%
» of their hair from a 4 to 12 month period.
»
» Here’s a link to a study for those who haven’t come across it:
»
» Yahoo | Mail, Weather, Search, Politics, News, Finance, Sports & Videos
»
» There’s no question that Cyclo applied topically works phenominal results.
» Getting it up there would be my only concern.
»
» Those considering oral cyclo are better off taking 5.0mg of dutasteride
» every day.

Hold your horses.

Oral cyclo for a brief period of a week or two, versus taking it steadily for months/years . . . these are two very different situations.

Long-term oral cyclo regrowing hair is an interesting finding from a research point of view. But I don’t think anyone is really advocating doing it just as a way to fight our MPB. We’ve got some risk takers around here but that’s just too far over the line. Human bodies tend to work better with an immune system functioning.

The only reason any of us are talking about messing with oral cyclo (AND NOT ADVOCATING TO OTHERS, just discussing amongst ourselves) is for temporary use. We’re talking about using oral or topical cyclo just long enough for the EGF-R/WNT and wounding processes to repair/regenerate some follicles that can live on their own afterwards.

What evidence warrants hair not falling out after stopping the use of cyclo?

» Hold your horses.
»
» Oral cyclo for a brief period of a week or two, versus
» taking it steadily for months/years . . . these are two very different
» situations.

»
»
» Long-term oral cyclo regrowing hair is an interesting finding from a
» research point of view. But I don’t think anyone is really advocating
» doing it just as a way to fight our MPB. We’ve got some risk takers around
» here but that’s just too far over the line. Human bodies tend to work
» better with an immune system functioning.
»
»
» The only reason any of us are talking about messing with oral cyclo
» (AND NOT ADVOCATING TO OTHERS, just discussing amongst
» ourselves) is for temporary use. We’re talking about using oral or topical
» cyclo just long enough for the EGF-R/WNT and wounding processes to
» repair/regenerate some follicles that can live on their own afterwards.

If they won’t survive w/o cyclo even after they’re formed under it, then Folica’s entire project is dead on the operating table. Long term permanent immune suppression is not a valid way to sell any widespread cosmetic marketed product, even if it’s only topically done.

Realistically, it’s well known that hair follicles can be healed/regenerated from scalp injuries.

The currently-infamous Genfilitib cancer patients aren’t valid cases to study for this because their immune system probably never recovered. But if any of the wounding-based regrowth cases, even the simplest dermabrasion ones, lasts any more than a few weeks . . . then the hairs must basically be viable with a decent immune function restored.

I don’t know of any one study or case that would prove the assumption valid for sure, but the overall tone of the data seems to point in that direction.

» » » Hypertension and kidney problems are serious side effects of Cs-A.
» » » Always get an opinion from a doctor before using it.
» »
» » No!
» »
» » death by opportunist cancer and / or infection are the serious side
» » effects of Cyclosporing-A. In short the oral use is idiotic for
» alopecia.
»
»
» You’re probably right Marco, however, I think Benji is also right in his
» assessment that our immune system is the major culprit inhibiting the
» creation of new follicles. What a predicament. What is your opinion of it
» working topically?

I would agree with Baccy that tacrolimus would be a reasonable option. My understanding was that Cyclosporin does not work topically and that is why tacrolimus but not C-A was approaved for topical use. Mj posted a study but it seems at odds with other work. Only one of eight had a cosmetically noticable improvement and the control had significant new hair growth. Not sure what to make of the study.