DIY Follica Pics

» THANKS MAN! I wish you had picture of what the sanded scalp look like so
» that I have an idea how deep you go with the dermabrasion. Did it hurt for
» a few days ?
»
» Keep us posted please.

It was very red but I don’t mind pain if it’s for a purpose. It was actually peeling and scabbing and looked really messy on the third day when I began applying topicals. I don’t think it was necessary to be as rough as I was and probably won’t do any sanding this time around. I plan on using Scalp Renew to gently abrade away the top layer. But knowing me, if it doesn’t look damaged enough, I’ll probably get the sandpaper out again. :slight_smile:
I wouldn’t recommend going as deep as I did. I’m just an all or nothing sort of guy.

» Good luck Baccy - Keep it up!
»
» Looking promising
»
» All the best

Cheers m8! Welcome back.

» Good luck Baccy - Keep it up!
»
» Looking promising
»
» All the best
OK guys, we all see that this looks like it could be something big. If Baccy, who was totally bald, could get hundreds of hair follicles like that, there is I guess a very high probability that Follica will do MUCH better. This could be it guys. We really can’t make any statements about Follica yet, since they are not leaking any kind of information. The only thing left is to wait and hope for excellent results soon.

guys, let s not get too excited just yet, follicles dont grow in 1 day, that is not possible.

Baccy, how big an area did you treat? it helps if you have before pics, also this reminds me of the good old waseda zinc oxide experiment or even the acid peel, what they did was exposing follicles that were already there, which is what i suspect is happening here, they aint growing new follicles.

» guys, let s not get too excited just yet, follicles dont grow in 1 day,
» that is not possible.
»
No. Follicles didn’t grow in one day. That result you see is after about 7 or 8 weeks. But follicles DID start growing within 2 weeks.

» guys, let s not get too excited just yet, follicles dont grow in 1 day,
» that is not possible.
»
» Baccy, how big an area did you treat? it helps if you have before pics,
» also this reminds me of the good old waseda zinc oxide experiment or even
» the acid peel, what they did was exposing follicles that were already
» there, which is what i suspect is happening here, they aint growing new
» follicles.

Well done Baccy !!!

ive been reading closley on this forum, i mainly post on another forum that is of the stature has this one, where we are also experimenting with follica DIY…

its a shame you didnt have a before pic to re-affirm the non believers that will no doubt question it… keep it up, between us we’ll nail this thing!!!

Good luck for your next experiment. And many thanks to keep us updated!

You mentionned day 3 was the most painful and redness on the head. How long was your “DIY-Follica” experience clearly noticeable (i.e. how much days off would anyone require to take to try it)?

» Good luck for your next experiment. And many thanks to keep us updated!
»
» You mentionned day 3 was the most painful and redness on the head. How
» long was your “DIY-Follica” experience clearly noticeable (i.e. how much
» days off would anyone require to take to try it)?

It was very noticeable for about 10 days or so. I’m lucky in that it’s possible for me to wear a hat in work. You’re looking at 2 weeks downtime if you dermabrade with the severity that I did. However, after recent statements from Follica, I’m wondering if only gentle dermabrading is necessary.

» » Good luck for your next experiment. And many thanks to keep us updated!
» »
» » You mentionned day 3 was the most painful and redness on the head. How
» » long was your “DIY-Follica” experience clearly noticeable (i.e. how
» much
» » days off would anyone require to take to try it)?
»
» It was very noticeable for about 10 days or so. I’m lucky in that it’s
» possible for me to wear a hat in work. You’re looking at 2 weeks downtime
» if you dermabrade with the severity that I did. However, after recent
» statements from Follica, I’m wondering if only gentle dermabrading is
» necessary.

Can you refresh us with follicas’s comments? BTW, what you just showed was more than I expected from what you described in the past.

– Mr. F

Man, you’re not kidding Baccy. That really is transplant-level regrowth density if all those hairs come up looking good.

More evidence of the validity of wounding/regrowth in general.

If this stuff doesn’t cause cancer and it doesn’t need continual drugging to preserve the hairs, then we’re really saved.

» BTW, what you just showed
» was more than I expected from what you described in the past.

Agreed, for a slick bald guy to regrow this much hair is quite impressive. Baccy, few more rounds of this and you should have decent hair!

I am a bit stumped by the lack of growth on temple area though. It seems all of it was concentrated on top. Still this pic provides a good starting point and will make it easy to assess results of your second attmpt.

Good Luck!

» » guys, let s not get too excited just yet, follicles dont grow in 1 day,
» » that is not possible.
» »
» No. Follicles didn’t grow in one day. That result you see is after about 7
» or 8 weeks. But follicles DID start growing within 2 weeks.

oh sorry, how big was the area that you treated? the entire scalp?

baccy, to be serious: if you was REALLY completely bald before, this means follica will work for sure, because your result is a GOOD result for your potential, if not, fu.ck for let us dream unnecessarily :smiley: :smiley:

» » Good luck for your next experiment. And many thanks to keep us updated!
» »
» » You mentionned day 3 was the most painful and redness on the head. How
» » long was your “DIY-Follica” experience clearly noticeable (i.e. how
» much
» » days off would anyone require to take to try it)?
»
» It was very noticeable for about 10 days or so. I’m lucky in that it’s
» possible for me to wear a hat in work. You’re looking at 2 weeks downtime
» if you dermabrade with the severity that I did. However, after recent
» statements from Follica, I’m wondering if only gentle dermabrading is
» necessary.

Hey, you know, those follicles are dark pigmented while the hair on your sides are white.

Baccy, Did you take any pic of the back of your head (vertex)?

» baccy, to be serious: if you was REALLY completely bald before, this means
» follica will work for sure, because your result is a GOOD result for your
» potential, if not, fu.ck for let us dream unnecessarily :smiley: :smiley:

I have no interest in childish games or bickering. What you see is genuine. But you can’t really see it properly unless you are up close. And like I’ve described in the past, the majority of hair is on top like a mohawk. Probably due to that spunking wig I had glued round the sides on my bonce for 12 years.
Even though you can see the follicles, it doesn’t constitute a shadow yet. I still have the horseshoe effect.
I’m hoping the next round will have more success.
I was uncertain whether you guys would put any value on my results to be honest. I get the impression that most of you have quite a bit of hair but want a really low hairline with the density of Elvis. In light of most of your requirements, I thought my results would be dismissed.

»
» Hey, you know, those follicles are dark pigmented while the hair on your
» sides are white.

I actually think that is vellus hair showing up. But I do have the odd grey hair at the bottom sides that shows up in daylight. I’m taking paraminobenzoic acid supplements to try to eliminate grey. If not, I can always use a natural colour restorer or something like that. I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Bear in mind that the vellus hair you’re refering to is actually on the side at the top. My head is angled to one side. You can’t actually see my hair on the left side of the head.

» Baccy, Did you take any pic of the back of your head (vertex)?

No. It didn’t occur to me. The taking of the pic itself was an impulse when I went round to see my buddy.
Something I HAVE noticed about the back though. I have a loop of hair growing at the back of the head above the monk hairline. It’s like a bald patch where the wig used to be glued at the back. I’m hoping that this and those stubborn top sides will respond eventually.

Baccy, congratulations for the result of your experiment.
I never before thought that a Home made Follica Experiment would result as good as this experiment has result.
I just hope that all this experiment will be true.

One question. Could you draw in the picture the treated area?
And last question, When you said nothing, you mean nothing? Zero?

Hello Baccy,

If you remember we had a very early discussion about your experimentation…Happy to see its getting somewhere. Anyway, is your hair naturally blond/brown ?

Did you go through some WNT stimulation in your experimentation ?

The depilation of hair might be an enhancer of the WNT activity…I remember that we had a discussion about that…we were not that sure but somewhere in the patent it seems like inferring that…(man, if its gowing to bring an 11 fold increase then you can say goodbye to MPB and so should we)…Anyway in this thread http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry-id-33125.html
we talked about depilation and the fact that it might be activating the WNT signaling ==> hair cycling + enlarge the hair shaft.

As for the fact that the “new” hair does not create the cosmetic effect we want …This is probably due to the old feared DHT/androgen/MPB complications…Benji stated that the “new” hair is from the old cell lines. However, and according to the Nature paper of Cotsarelis…The hair is NOT from the old cell lines…Stills the DHT/androgen/MPB needs to be conisedered…You might (Baccy) or any other of the members want to try the same experience on a NONE MPB area so that we can watch the behaviour of the “new” hair induced there…should it grow really long and large. One more thing, “nidhogge” in THAT board stated that he can make any vellus hair he get out of follica to the Terminal stage thanks to his LAZER HELMET…So this is a road you might want to consider Baccy through out your hair journey.

Best regards.

PS : Debris if you are reading me please answer my mail …I need those Maca Roots :).