Different patterns of 5alpha-reductase expression

» How can you get Dutaseride (in America) if you need a prescription for it
» (I don’t have prostate problems).
»
» This may be a silly question to some of you, but I don’t have any
» experience ordering pills (I usually just go to Walgreens).

I got mine at magicpharma.com I think that’s the name. Be very careful of your dosage though.

Hey UWbio…long time no see!. I hadn’t posted in so long that I lost my “bug” handle :slight_smile:

» » what is your comment on natural 5 ar inhibitors
» » i see comments on prop and dut, but none on natural dht blockers such
» as
» » saw palmetto pygeum nettles pumpkin seed etc
»
» I would say they can only help but they can also be a burden on your
» wallet too for not much effect. Dutasteride is by far the best thing out
» there right now for hair loss, in my opinion.

Yeah, I lost my handle too but no one stole my old moniker so here I am again. I haven’t been to this site recently, or for a very long time actually, but I stopped by and saw confusion as to scientific understanding of 5-alpha reductase so I just had to pop back in. My hair has been pretty stable with dutasteride so I haven’t been worrying much about hairloss but for some reason it was on my mind lately so I started a new experiement in the lab:

I plucked 15 hairs from the sides of my head and implanted the bulbs containing the ORS cells in a 1:1 mix of matrigel and DMEM/F12 with 10ng/ml EGF and 10ng/ml bFGF.

I looked at them under the microscope today (day 3 of growth) and there are still living cells, and the bulge region seems to be enlarging. There also seem to be some spheroid formations so maybe that’s a good sign. Hopefully if the cells continue to grow I will treat the gel and the cells with dispase and inject them back into my scalp… we’ll see, my past experiments with growing follicular keratinocytes did not prove to be too fruitful so hopefully this will be different.

» Hey UWbio…long time no see!. I hadn’t posted in so long that I lost my
» “bug” handle :slight_smile:
»
»
» » » what is your comment on natural 5 ar inhibitors
» » » i see comments on prop and dut, but none on natural dht blockers such
» » as
» » » saw palmetto pygeum nettles pumpkin seed etc
» »
» » I would say they can only help but they can also be a burden on your
» » wallet too for not much effect. Dutasteride is by far the best thing
» out
» » there right now for hair loss, in my opinion.