Day 6...Observations

It is now Day 6 which is Day 4 post-wounding. Despite my best efforts at wounding the scalp 4 days ago, there doesn’t seem to be much damage. There are areas here and there that are beginning to scab but I think it looked worse last time I did it. It’s almost as if my scalp has become resilient to damage. Another noted effect is the absence of scalp oils which I also recall from the previous time. Tannic acid has astringent properties so some of this can be attributed to that. No signs of regrowth of the existing hair yet, which is to be expected after depilation. Some vellus hair here and there which I probably didn’t catch with the waxing. According to the patent, hair germs will not occur for another 8 or 9 days and hair will not be spotted until probably a week after that. And of course, the depilation will have temporarily taken care of existing hair.

I began taking a 50mg tablet of roxythromycin orally yesterday. I figure that because it’s a very safe drug and cheap, it can’t do any harm to ingest this on a daily basis during ‘the window’. Hopefully, it will discourage my immune system from taking too much of an interest in the scalp damage.
As always, I’ll keep you updated.

Thanks Baccy.
Any picture?

» It is now Day 6 which is Day 4 post-wounding. Despite my best efforts at
» wounding the scalp 4 days ago, there doesn’t seem to be much damage. There
» are areas here and there that are beginning to scab but I think it looked
» worse last time I did it. It’s almost as if my scalp has become resilient
» to damage. Another noted effect is the absence of scalp oils which I also
» recall from the previous time. Tannic acid has astringent properties so
» some of this can be attributed to that. No signs of regrowth of the
» existing hair yet, which is to be expected after depilation. Some vellus
» hair here and there which I probably didn’t catch with the waxing.
» According to the patent, hair germs will not occur for another 8 or 9 days
» and hair will not be spotted until probably a week after that. And of
» course, the depilation will have temporarily taken care of existing hair.
»
» I began taking a 50mg tablet of roxythromycin orally yesterday. I figure
» that because it’s a very safe drug and cheap, it can’t do any harm to
» ingest this on a daily basis during ‘the window’. Hopefully, it will
» discourage my immune system from taking too much of an interest in the
» scalp damage.
» As always, I’ll keep you updated.

» Thanks Baccy.
» Any picture?

I haven’t got a cam. My pal took the pictures I’ve posted so far and I can’t leave the house with a scabby head. I look like some kind of Star Trek alien. :slight_smile:

Well, good luck with it.

For what it’s worth, Folica’s comments sound like they don’t think the wounds need to be especially deep to do the job. And let’s not forget that hair grew on the Genfilitib cancer patients just from probable sunburn damage. It sounds like the burns weren’t even severe enough for the patients to bring it up later when the hair grew in those same areas.

Hey, how long had it been since your last abrasion session when you did the next one, Baccy? And how long since you stopped putting topicals onto it?

I’m asking because I’m getting near the two-month mark since my last wounding myself. Probably a month and a half since I stopped the meds related to it.

» Hey, how long had it been since your last abrasion session when you did
» the next one, Baccy? And how long since you stopped putting topicals onto
» it?
»
» I’m asking because I’m getting near the two-month mark since my last
» wounding myself. Probably a month and a half since I stopped the meds
» related to it.

Maybe ten weeks since the last abrasion. I’m still hoping to get some peeling yet as I’ve noticed the skin is a bit wrinkly.

»
» Hey, how long had it been since your last abrasion session when you did
» the next one, Baccy? And how long since you stopped putting topicals onto
» it?
»
» I’m asking because I’m getting near the two-month mark since my last
» wounding myself. Probably a month and a half since I stopped the meds
» related to it.

Are there any specific reasons why one would have to wait two months between woundings? I’ve seen “two months” mentioned occasionally regarding the follica procedure, but I don’t recall where the number actually comes from. Wouldn’t it be possible to speed up the process and wound again as soon as the scalp is sufficiently healed? I’m guessing that should be a matter of perhaps 2-3 weeks at most, especially if you use healing agents like copper peptides or similar. Is it the risk of scarring that slows down the process? After all, it’s not necessary to sit and watch every batch of new hair grow until a certain length, we just want the follicle to be created!

A quick guesstimate when looking at Baccy’s successful first experiment leads me to believe he could have a somewhat decent head of hair after about 20 repetitions or so, given that each repitition gives as many new follicles as the first. There are naturally other problems involved, such as the uneven distribution and so on, but let’s disregard that for the moment.

That would mean about three years when wounding every two months. But if one could wound every two weeks, we’re talking less than a year.

/p

Baccy, just an idea. You might wanna start eating tomatoes for a while as it’s a rich source of lithium. Since we’re not really sure how good the abosroption/efficacy of topical lithium is, eating tomoatoes seems like a logical & safe alternative. I’d say one with lunch & one with dinner??

» Baccy, just an idea. You might wanna start eating tomatoes for a while as
» it’s a rich source of lithium. Since we’re not really sure how good the
» abosroption/efficacy of topical lithium is, eating tomoatoes seems like a
» logical & safe alternative. I’d say one with lunch & one with dinner??

to be honest I dont remember anyone growing hair from tomatoes

» you mean Roxithromycin
» Roxithromycin - Wikipedia

Roxithromycin/shmRoxithromycin. Hangin, you should organize your own Spelling Bee.

Anyways, I never heard of Roxithromycin until you posted that link (thanks). I did some poking around and the stuff was apparently being trialed for hairloss
http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00197379?term=Roxithromycin&rank=2
so what happened?

» That would mean about three years when wounding every two months. But if
» one could wound every two weeks, we’re talking less than a year.
»
» /p

If we can increase the yield, we’re laughing. The patent mentions AN 11-FOLD INCREASE IN FOLLICLE FORMATION using depilation prior to wounding. So let’s see what happens this time.

» » Baccy, just an idea. You might wanna start eating tomatoes for a while
» as
» » it’s a rich source of lithium. Since we’re not really sure how good the
» » abosroption/efficacy of topical lithium is, eating tomoatoes seems like
» a
» » logical & safe alternative. I’d say one with lunch & one with dinner??
»
» to be honest I dont remember anyone growing hair from tomatoes

Read my post again - and google “tomato lithium”. Tomatoes are one of the few vegatables/herbs that are very rich in lithium are completely safe to consume. Since WNT signallig is an important component of the Follica procedure, dietry intake of tomatoes will only benefit. Also, I’m not suggesting eating tomatoes daily forever, just for a month while new follicles are being created.