Cutting Proscar

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone here cuts proscar into 1 mg tabs. Are the tabs segmented where you can easily do that. Does anyone recommend a particular type of pill cutter?

» Hi,
»
» I was wondering if anyone here cuts proscar into 1 mg tabs. Are the tabs
» segmented where you can easily do that. Does anyone recommend a particular
» type of pill cutter?

4x1.25mg

Non segmented pills

No particular cutter. Just make sure that both the blade and the direction of your cutting move are as perpendicular as possible to your table.

» » Hi,
» »
» » I was wondering if anyone here cuts proscar into 1 mg tabs. Are the
» tabs
» » segmented where you can easily do that. Does anyone recommend a
» particular
» » type of pill cutter?
»
» 4x1.25mg
»
» Non segmented pills
»
» No particular cutter. Just make sure that both the blade and the direction
» of your cutting move are as perpendicular as possible to your table.

I actually cut mine into 1/5’s, 1 mg dosage. This works well for me. I use a straight razor that you would use in a utility knife. Just make sure it is sharp and you shouldn’t have a problem.

any pillcutter that can split a pill into two in a decent fashion is fine. After splitting into halves spli the halves so you have four. Noe that the resulting quarters dont need to be exact. The amount you get each day may vary ever so slightly if your quarters are uneven but it averages out in the end.

Yep. In fact, I can’t imagine that anybody wouldn’t go this way, cutting halves into quarters. One exception though: Don’t cut the second half until the third day to limit the dampening of the material. Cutting the whole pill into 4 quarters in the first place can only accelerate the dampening process multiplying the "interfaces"of exchange with the surrounding air.