Cosmo CB-03-1

Hello everyone…i ran across a drug in trials called CB-03-1 by Cosmo…is this legit…is it anygood…anybody have a news on this product?? Supposedly its a hair loss drug in stage 2 clinical trials…

» Hello everyone…i ran across a drug in trials called CB-03-1 by Cosmo…is
» this legit…is it anygood…anybody have a news on this product??
» Supposedly its a hair loss drug in stage 2 clinical trials…

What is “Cosmo”? You mean the women’s magazine, or a pharmaceutical company? Where did you find this info?

» » Hello everyone…i ran across a drug in trials called CB-03-1 by
» Cosmo…is
» » this legit…is it anygood…anybody have a news on this product??
» » Supposedly its a hair loss drug in stage 2 clinical trials…
»
» What is “Cosmo”? You mean the women’s magazine, or a pharmaceutical
» company? Where did you find this info?

I came across that regarding this. They are apparently in phase 2 proof-of-concept trials, but there isn’t a whole lot of info.

It’s a topical anti-androgen. I guess it would be like RU58841 without the sides if it works, apparently in phase 1 they reported no side effects.

According to their website they’ll have preliminary data from their phase II trials in the 4th quarter of 2009 (Sept-Dec).

Good post. Would be a huge breakthrough if they could replace the dated, dangerous drugs that are currently available. The lack of information, for me, is good sign. The company itself seems to have good funds.

» Good post. Would be a huge breakthrough if they could replace the dated,
» dangerous drugs that are currently available. The lack of information, for
» me, is good sign. The company itself seems to have good funds.

http://www.cosmopharmaceuticals.com/csm/news/press/pr2008/2008-09-02/

That’s their website with a press release from last year.

If its as effective as Propecia topically without sides, yeah that would be pretty big even if its not a cure all.

It sounds like they have just completed phase II, but in a trial for acne it seems.

Found this also:

The aim of this study was to investigate the antiandrogenic activity of a new monoester of cortexolone, cortexolone 17alpha-propionate (CAS 19608-29-8, CB-03-01). Although the compound displayed a strong local antiandrogenic activity in hamster’s flank organ test, it did not exhibit antiandrogenic activity in rats after subcutaneous injection, nor did it affect gonadotropins hypersecretion when injected to parabiotic rats. As topical antiandrogen, the steroid resulted about 4 times more active than progesterone (CAS 57-83-0) and, when compared to known antiandrogen standards, it was about 3 times more potent than flutamide (CAS 13311-84-7), about 2 times more effective than finasteride (CAS 98319-26-7) and approximately as active as cyproterone acetate (CAS 427-51-0). Its pharmacological activity seemed to be primarily related to its ability to antagonistically compete at androgen receptor level; nevertheless its primary pharmacological target needs to be further investigated. Its topical activity, along with the apparent absence of systemic effects, anticipates this compound to have the potential of representing a novel and safe therapeutic approach for androgen-dependent skin disorders.

Hello,everybody. Just as you said.Ru58841 is good for hair loss.If you need more,pls contact with me directly.My email &MSN: minhui_2000@hotmail.com Skype: kanemin888

Err … getting back to topic seems like there’s some news on this product:

http://www.cosmopharmaceuticals.com/csm/news/press/pr2009/2009-12-11/

They’ve had some success in phase II for acne, it’s more effective than Retin A apparently, though I don’t know much about acne treatments.

Good news from the sounds of it. They’re going to start a trial for alopecia (hair loss) now that the acne one has turned out well, but I don’t see why you wouldn’t be able to just use the acne cream on your scalp.

I dunno if this would actually grow hair but I think it could in theory allow you to keep what you have without the sides of things of like Propecia or Fluridil.

The results that have been achieved for MPB with RU58841 are more or less like using Finasteride pills but without the sides. The stuff really works to prevent loss but it’s not gonna regrow more than the existing oral drugs already do.

I would not expect this new drug to be capable of any more than RU can do.

But Finasteride-without-side-effects is a major step forward. It’s a much needed product. I’m amazed that nobody has already started selling one of these synthetic topical AAs already.

» I dunno if this would actually grow hair but I think it could in theory
» allow you to keep what you have without the sides of things of like
» Propecia or Fluridil.

Just like Cal said, reducing the onlslaught of androgens is good, but it doesn’t really grow hair back generally. Finasteride yields a slight increase in hair count over the first year or so, probably by saving follicles that were just about to “die”, but the most important effect is preventative. Finasteride and dustasteride aldready do a pretty good job inhibiting DHT. But for those who experience side effects, RU will be a welcome addition, no doubt.

Fluridil is (supposedly) free of side effects. As far as I have seen, it is pretty much free of effects too, unfortunately.

» » I dunno if this would actually grow hair but I think it could in theory
» » allow you to keep what you have without the sides of things of like
» » Propecia or Fluridil.
»
» Just like Cal said, reducing the onlslaught of androgens is good, but it
» doesn’t really grow hair back generally. Finasteride yields a slight
» increase in hair count over the first year or so, probably by saving
» follicles that were just about to “die”, but the most important effect is
» preventative. Finasteride and dustasteride aldready do a pretty good job
» inhibiting DHT. But for those who experience side effects, RU will be a
» welcome addition, no doubt.
»
» Fluridil is (supposedly) free of side effects. As far as I have seen, it
» is pretty much free of effects too, unfortunately.

Sorry it’s 3x more potent than Flutamide (posted above, dunno if that’s the same thing).

This would be good for people like me who can’t use Propecia because I get big time sides from it. I tried topical Spiro and even got sides from that.

RU is I dunno … it’s not like sold by any kind of reputable vendor and I think this might actually be more potent than RU as well. There also seems to be some question as to whether or not it can be absorbed systemically whereas CB-03-01 in tests apparently is not.