Comments from Daphne Zohar (Follica)

These comments were made by Daphne Zohar (Follica) on xconomy.com. This is, pretty much the last thing we’ll hear from Follica until their next press release. In other words, anything beyond this point is pure speculation.

Even with the best intentions on the part of the bloggers (in various forums), there has been significant misinformation out there and inidviduals drawing conclusions that are not based on fact. When we have responded to inquiries in a measured way, comments have been taken out of context and posted on various websites.

Our goals are very much aligned with yours. We are working through the most rigorous clinically driven scientific methods and results take time. Furthermore, as a private company we need to protect our business and confidential information.

We will not be announcing anything further for a while, nor will any Follica representatives be able to answer any questions by phone. Despite our lack of communication with the public, please be assured that we are absolutely focused on driving this forward.

Thanks again for all of your comments and support.

link? I can’t find this post, daphne has just posted 2 times in 2007 and nothing about that, if u can link the url

» These comments were made by Daphne Zohar (Follica) on xconomy.com. This is,
» pretty much the last thing we’ll hear from Follica until their next press
» release. In other words, anything beyond this point is pure speculation.
»
» Even with the best intentions on the part of the bloggers (in various
» forums), there has been significant misinformation out there and
» inidviduals drawing conclusions that are not based on fact. When we have
» responded to inquiries in a measured way, comments have been taken out of
» context and posted on various websites.
»
» Our goals are very much aligned with yours. We are working through the
» most rigorous clinically driven scientific methods and results take time.
» Furthermore, as a private company we need to protect our business and
» confidential information.
»
» We will not be announcing anything further for a while, nor will any
» Follica representatives be able to answer any questions by phone. Despite
» our lack of communication with the public, please be assured that we are
» absolutely focused on driving this forward.
»
» Thanks again for all of your comments and support.

Great find, Rev. Its hard to read between the lines, but it sounds less than promising. At the very least, I think we can assume that any assumptions of an abbreviated timeline are unfounded. Its going to take a while, this one.

oh yes this is the right link :stuck_out_tongue:

FUNNY….I always thought that this was the biggest site of hair multiplication. because Daphne Zohar did not come here to say nothing on follica? all the users of this site do not deserve answers???

» Great find, Rev. Its hard to read between the lines, but it sounds less
» than promising. At the very least, I think we can assume that any
» assumptions of an abbreviated timeline are unfounded. Its going to take a
» while, this one.

Does this mean no summer trials???:confused:

» » Great find, Rev. Its hard to read between the lines, but it sounds less
» » than promising. At the very least, I think we can assume that any
» » assumptions of an abbreviated timeline are unfounded. Its going to take
» a
» » while, this one.
»
» Does this mean no summer trials???:confused:

sounded like a bunch of double talk to me…trying to say…do not assume we know anything or that our product works…we will let you know

Yeah, sounds like the classic “Get off our backs, we’ll call YOU when we know something.”

Although in the case of Follica, I have to believe that they’d be totally concerned about their method & results getting into public knowledge too early. It’s just too damn simple for anything else.

It’s not like ICX in that respect at all.

» Does this mean no summer trials???:confused:

• it means they’re a private company with allot at stake.
  • it means they’re tired of answering questions, and have people like us distort what they say.
  • it means they know hairloss is a big deal for us psychologically, and them financially.
  • it means they want to be left alone to do their job.

» Yeah, sounds like the classic “Get off our backs, we’ll call YOU when we
» know something.”
»
»
» Although in the case of Follica, I have to believe that they’d be totally
» concerned about their method & results getting into public knowledge too
» early. It’s just too damn simple for anything else.
»
» It’s not like ICX in that respect at all.

Exactly.

In fact, even if trials go well…they might not say anything until they are ready to license to dermatologists offices for fear of men trying it at home.

The hair removal emobodiment of the patent almost CERTAINLY WOULD WORK as it worked in regular mice and removed their fur.

Even if it didn’t work on your head, if you had old hair plugs you wanted removed or back hair----this will help you.

Also, even if it didn’t work in humans for whateve reason, as they get to watch brand new hair development on mammals like Chimps and macaques with less evolved immune systems, they will likely get to figure out what genes do what in hair follicle development and probably can identify on this BIG scale exactly what genes cause baldness and hopefully in the future develop compounds that can interdict them.

Ive not thought about this scenario either, if it didn’t work in either the frontal or (shockingly to me) the donor area…it still might work on the body. If a guy had a hairy chest for instance, he might be able to make alot more of it for a Body hair transplant as far fetched as that might seem.

There will be a trichological benefit out of this scientific find one way or another. Im just hoping more donor-area hair can be made. That alone would make my day and many other men’s also. If they can make hair up front, and especially if they can make hair up front while blocking the expression of the CAG-repeat polymorphisms on the androgen receptor gene…it would be a friggin’ gold mine.

I think they are afraid if they do a trial and have success, alot of men will be trying to cop the procedure at home by doing websearches about it and being directed to discussions like we have had about it on hairsite and find the patent…but that is probably a unfounded concern. The general public is pretty stupid and mostly lazy, and aren’t into hair like us denziens of hairsite.

I hope they have success and get rich. If they have success, they will be getting a few thousand of my dollars I asssure you.

That ‘R’ guy on xconomy seems totally crazy to me.

» That ‘R’ guy on xconomy seems totally crazy to me.
yeah, he’s fairly preachy, but at least he’s optimistic.
We have a serious deficit of that here.

» » Does this mean no summer trials???:confused:
» - it means they’re a private company with allot at stake.
» - it means they’re tired of answering questions, and have people like us
» distort what they say.
» - it means they know hairloss is a big deal for us psychologically, and
» them financially.
» - it means they want to be left alone to do their job.

I think there was a little more to it, or rather, I wish there had been a little more to it. Rather than say “we are working on it and won’t be talking about it anytime soon”, they could have said, “we are positive on our technology and excited about its prospects, but due to patent concerns, we will not be releasing anymore information”. There is a very big difference between those two types of statements, and the implications are significantly different. At the very least, I think we’re looking at years before learning about whether or not this thing will work.

I’m 31 with a cosmetically acceptable (I’m a diffuse thinner, but with the right hair cut - not a buzz - and under most conditions, you wouldn’t think I’m losing my hair) head of hair. I hope I can maintain it for at least 5-7 more years, because that’s probably how long its going to take to see any new developments in this industry.

» I think there was a little more to it, or rather, I wish there had been a
» little more to it. Rather than say “we are working on it and won’t be
» talking about it anytime soon”, they could have said, “we are positive on
» our technology and excited about its prospects, but due to patent concerns,
» we will not be releasing anymore information”. There is a very big
» difference between those two types of statements, and the implications are
» significantly different. At the very least, I think we’re looking at years
» before learning about whether or not this thing will work.

I want details just as much as the next guy; unfortunately, your comments are just as speculative as mine. Neither of us knows what’s going on in that company, but if it makes you feel any better here’s an older slightly more positive interview with Daphne Zohar

http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1127701415&channel=245991542

Well said, Rev! The speculation of speculation of speculation of speculation on this site would be quite comical if it weren’t so pathetic. I have never seen so many people hang on every single word that comes out of someone’s mouth - trying this way and that way to “decipher” what someone has said or written and usually spinning it way out of control and reality. Some posters (above) have even gone as far as to say that THEY have a right to know everything that a PRIVATE company is doing. Is that arrogance or desperation? Whether one likes it or not, this company is under ZERO obligation to them.

» Well said, Rev! The speculation of speculation of speculation of
» speculation on this site would be quite comical if it weren’t so pathetic.
» I have never seen so many people hang on every single word that comes out
» of someone’s mouth - trying this way and that way to “decipher” what
» someone has said or written and usually spinning it way out of control and
» reality. Some posters (above) have even gone as far as to say that THEY
» have a right to know everything that a PRIVATE company is doing. Is that
» arrogance or desperation? Whether one likes it or not, this company is
» under ZERO obligation to them.

speculation is part of the game. If you have such a problem with that, why are you here? You should just sit and home and wait for the day when a HM clinic to open its doors down the block from you. Until that happens, you shouldn’t be spending a moment on this or any other board “speculating”. And yet, here you are, like the rest of us, trying to make sense out of companies who may or may not have any viable technology to offer.

I come here for the science and the possibilities, not the speculation. You, on the other hand, seem to come here for the speculation and your (expert) interpretation of Intercytex and Follica. Intercytex stock went down three points today - must have failed. Intercyex is looking for a partner - must have failed. Follica put out a statement - must be failing. Follica has not divulged their science - must be failing. Follica…- blah, blah, blah.

» These companies are very obscure in their releases. They have a need to
» be obtuse - the truth can have damaging effects on their company. ICX has
» clearly failed, and yet they continue to insist that they have a viable
» product that just needs some more money and more trials. Well, no one was
» buying that, and the market didn’t either, and that’s why their stock is in
» the toilet. Because of this, speculation is part of the game. If you have
» such a problem with that, why are you here? You should just sit and home
» and wait for the day when a HM clinic to open its doors down the block from
» you. Until that happens, you shouldn’t be spending a moment on this or any
» other board “speculating”. And yet, here you are, like the rest of us,
» trying to make sense out of companies who may or may not have any viable
» technology to offer.
»
» The bottom line is, the tone of her statements are vastly different from
» those that were coming out of that company in the past. You’d be a moron
» not to take note of that and consider it when discussing the future of that
» company.

Let it go for now man.

Follica’s primary task is to cure hairloss; let them do their job. Jen (their office manager) told me they were starting “initial testing in humans in Boston soon”. That was from an email in late March.

» » These companies are very obscure in their releases. They have a need to
» » be obtuse - the truth can have damaging effects on their company. ICX
» has
» » clearly failed, and yet they continue to insist that they have a viable
» » product that just needs some more money and more trials. Well, no one
» was
» » buying that, and the market didn’t either, and that’s why their stock is
» in
» » the toilet. Because of this, speculation is part of the game. If you
» have
» » such a problem with that, why are you here? You should just sit and
» home
» » and wait for the day when a HM clinic to open its doors down the block
» from
» » you. Until that happens, you shouldn’t be spending a moment on this or
» any
» » other board “speculating”. And yet, here you are, like the rest of us,
» » trying to make sense out of companies who may or may not have any
» viable
» » technology to offer.
» »
» » The bottom line is, the tone of her statements are vastly different
» from
» » those that were coming out of that company in the past. You’d be a
» moron
» » not to take note of that and consider it when discussing the future of
» that
» » company.
»
» Let it go for now man.
»
» Follica’s primary task is to cure hairloss; let them do their job. Jen
» (their office manager) told me they were starting “initial testing in
» humans in Boston soon”. That was from an email in late March.
»
»

sounds like rev is one of the obsessed guys who does endless speculation…that drives them nuts

emails their manager? :clap: