Chrysanthemum Extract Study

Found this abstract listed for the upcoming 6th World Congress for Hair Research:

Effects of Chrysanthemum zawadskii extract on hair growth in vivo and in vitro

This study was undertaken to investigate the effects of Chrysanthemum zawadskii extract on hair growth in vivo and in vitro. Chrysanthemum zawadskii extract was applied topically onto the back of C57BL/6 mice every day for 40 days. Hair shaft elongation was measured by organ culture model of human scalp hair follicles. Proliferation of human dermal papilla (DP) cells was determined by MTT assay. mRNA expression level of growth factors related to the hair growth was determined by reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction. As results, Chrysanthemum zawadskii extract induce the earlier conversion of telogen to anagen in vivo, promote proliferation of human DP cells in vitro. In addition, Chrysanthemum zawadskii extract up-regulate VEGF mRNA expression in cultured human DP cells. These results suggest that Chrysanthemum zawadskii extract have hair growth promoting potential through the regulation of growth factors in DP cell and promotion of DP cell proliferation.

Contributors:
Dr Long-Quan Pi, Department of Dermatology and Institute of Hair and Cosmetic Medicine, Yonsei University Wonju College of Medicine, Korea
Dr Xing-Hai Jin, Department of Dermatology and Institute of Hair and Cosmetic Medicine, Yonsei University Wonju College of Medicine, Korea
Mr Kunhoae Kim, Central Research Laboratories of Aekyung industrial Co. Ltd., Korea
Mr Jeong-hwan Lee, Central Research Laboratories of Aekyung industrial Co. Ltd., Korea
Mr Gyeong-Yup Chi, Central Research Laboratories of Aekyung industrial Co. Ltd., Korea
Mr Youn-Duk Kim, Department of Dermatology and Institute of Hair and Cosmetic Medicine, Yonsei University Wonju College of Medicine, Korea
Mr In-Sik Cho, Central Research Laboratories of Aekyung industrial Co. Ltd., Korea
Dr Won-Soo Lee, Department of Dermatology and Institute of Hair and Cosmetic Medicine, Yonsei University Wonju College of Medicine, Korea

allright where do i get this stuff.

over the years I’ve put all kinds of stuff on my head.

may as well add this to the pot.