Can we have our private forum Hairsite?

Posting privileges in the forum will be through moderator approval only and
disclaimers plastered upon entry.

Anyone too stupid to understand that the forum exists for experimental
treatments and discussions thereof can then be kicked out immediately - for
their own safety.

Its really the only way to foster an environment for discussing experimental
treatments without idiots spamming their whining bullcrap in every thread.

Please post your response Hairsite. One private forum with a moderator (I
nominate roger_that) and you can leave all other forums to the whiners to turn
into a wasteland. The private forum WILL BE publically viewable but only to
attract like minded individuals sick of the monkeys that infest this and every
other forum.

I predict the monkeys here won’t be able to contain themselves. They will try
hard to get into the private forum just to be disruptive because THAT IS THE
ONLY REASON THEY ARE HERE
. They have NOTHING to contribute and they will
die bald (god willing).

Please don’t let this website turn into another alt.baldspot wasteland where
one individual disrupted every discussion and drove people away. A simple Yes
or No to the idea of a private forum will surfice.

I don’t want to hear from whining morons below. I only want to hear from
Hairsite and those who are interested in the private forum.

No, I don’t think anybody cares to read your thoughts on a separate forum. It’s bad enough having to read your emotional breakdowns and insults on here.

I really don’t see the point of this sort of “semi-private” forum at all. Why would we want a forum where essentially posting privileges are restricted to those of a particular viewpoint?

Really, that’s exactly what you are asking for here.

It’s totally counterproductive. Why on earth would Hairsite want a forum where people could discuss Nigam without being free to be critical, and yet have all those posts visible to the public? Should we also provide another forum for those who have other opinions, and restrict those forums to those people? It’s just silly.

If you really want a private forum where you can fawn over Nigam uncritically, and insult those who don’t, then go ahead and make a real private forum, where nobody else has to see it. There are many resources available for that.

Personally, I’d rather just see this forum restricted to those who don’t call other people childish names like “monkeys” simply because they disagree with them.

What you really want is a forum that gives Dr Nigam special privilege. No one has an issue with discussing any other ‘experimental treatment’ here.

That’s where you’re wrong, licht. Who said that a “semi-private” forum would necessarily be a pro-Dr. Nigam forum?

The way I imagine it, any and all doctors and research scientists could enter the forum, discuss their research and express their views.

If Dr. A, for instance, found deficiencies in Dr. B’s research or clinical practice, or medical ethics, he or she could point them out.

This would NOT be a pro-Nigam forum, a pro-Gho forum, or a pro-anyone forum, it would be a forum of respect for all researchers, but above all, open and honest, high-quality and constructive discussions.

The key is that all who enter would have to promise, beforehand, that they will respect all doctors and all posters, and not engage in hysterical accusations, libel, unfounded or casual allegations, or ad hominem attacks.

A lot of people here may be afraid of this idea because they have an agenda to disrupt the forum.

There are people who visit and post here who, I believe, have a clear agenda to destroy the debate here on HairSite. This could be for a lot of reasons: some people likely represent competing websites, some have a personal vendetta against particular doctors like Nigam (possibly because some of these disruptors either are friends or employees of his direct competitors, or are his competitors themselves, i.e., other HT doctors, operating here under various disguises. But of course they may be people who are legitimately disappointed with a doctor’s work, as we have seen. Still, I would argue that there is no justification to then turn around and try to get revenge, by personally attacking that doctor here on the forum. It is DISRUPTIVE and counter-productive. That doctor still has a medical license, is still in practice, and just because you are disappointed doesn’t mean he should be driven away from the website by a hysterical lynch mob, most of whom weren’t even treated by the doctor.) Others are just people who are angry and destructive nobodies, bitter people who, because they can’t have hair, and have lived with this anger and personal conflict for so long, are seriously emotionally disturbed and just want to lash out and thrash around and attack and destroy any constructive discussion about new developments in hair loss research.

Whoever these people really are – and I’m sure it’s a combination of all of the above at various times – we cannot succumb to them and let them call the shots here. We have to aspire to better.

I think that with a civil, semi-private forum open to ALL doctors and scientists who want to present their hair loss research, the value of the discussion and the experimentation itself will be uplifted and in the long-term, it will be a popular forum that will attract a lot of visitors and deliver a high-quality product!

And anyone who wants to engage in personal attacks or unfounded allegations can be ejected immediately.

Not at all, because the forum would be equally open to other doctors, including those who think Dr. Nigam’s experiments are invalid or a rip-off. They would be free to explain exactly why they believe that, and forum members would be free to make up their own minds.

I dont see the point, monkeys are everywhere. All forums are dead, just like our scalps and it shows there isn’t even much hope in the pipeline now. The past 17 years we have had hope in different attempts to find/develop a cure only to be disappointed, then the monkeys appear. Personally the PDG2 inhibitors work better for me than anything, and I have tried it all. It’s 2059 and we are BALD !!! Alec

I think the current issue is “Nigam”. People have suffered…he’s been exposed…he should be irrelevant now. How about leaving him out of the discussions period, here or any other forums?

You can set up a private forum in seconds in:

Yes, and get spammed in seconds, too. Yahoo is the number one spam target on the interwebs.

Hairsite is the prestige hairloss destination website, and you’re telling us to go meet the researchers at McDonald’s.

[quote]The way I imagine it, any and all doctors and research scientists could enter
the forum, discuss their research and express their views. [/quote]

That is exactly what I would hope the private forum would be. A place where
thinking folks could toss around ideas freely without some attention seeking
idiot jumping into every thread to post whining bullcrap.

There would not be any character assassination based simply on the fact that
experimental research turned out to be a failure. For every successful
discovery out there, there are tons and tons of those who try & fail. If nobody
tried anything, we`d still be swinging from tree to tree.

But that`s not to say there would not be scrutiny of claims posted and
practices employed. Tall claims of transforming NW6 into NW2 would be
scrutinized inside out till those claims were either proven or more likely
retracted. It would not however be a monkey fest which is what this forum
has turned into.

Monkeys can`t stand the idea of anything that they cannot disrupt. They are
not here for discussion of experimental concepts, research or treatments.
They are here only because they have nothing going on in their lives and get
their jollies out of being disruptive. That is the ONLY reason they are here.
They have NOTHING to contribute.

I seriously hope Hairsite takes up the suggestion. Even if the forum fails
to gain traction, it sure as hell was worth a shot. Anything beats sitting
around waiting for a never-to-come FDA cure with chattering monkeys running
amock.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by roger_that[/postedby]

Hairsite is the prestige hairloss destination website, and you’re telling us to go meet the researchers at McDonald’s.[/quote]

Now this simply isn’t true. Perhaps it is for transplants, but for experimental treatments, much better discussion occurs elsewhere.

Hairsite is the prestige hairloss destination website, and you’re telling us to go meet the researchers at McDonald’s.

[postedby]Originally Posted by jimmy[/postedby]

Now this simply isn’t true. Perhaps it is for transplants, but for experimental treatments, much better discussion occurs elsewhere.[/quote]

Well, then let’s improve it by creating a semi-private, invitation based forum.

I want to have my hair back here …

[postedby]Originally Posted by jimmy[/postedby]

Now this simply isn’t true. Perhaps it is for transplants, but for experimental treatments, much better discussion occurs elsewhere.

[postedby]Originally Posted by roger_that[/postedby]

Well, then let’s improve it by creating a semi-private, invitation based forum.[/quote]

I really don’t see the point of a new forum when we have no news at all from anywhere, Nigam has stopped posting, even his most loyal supporter jarjarbinx has given up defending him, so the new forum will be just you and freddie.

You made it sound like news will be popping up everywhere once admin creates a new forum here.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by helpmeout[/postedby]

I really don’t see the point of a new forum when we have no news at all from anywhere, Nigam has stopped posting, even his most loyal supporter jarjarbinx has given up defending him, so the new forum will be just you and freddie.

You made it sound like news will be popping up everywhere once admin creates a new forum here.[/quote]

Helmeout is the voice of reason here folks. No news is No news and we have nthing to talk abouut in public or private. you will lose half the posters if going private. look at stopag.com that is a monkey cage and it is private

[quote]What you really want is a forum that gives Dr Nigam special privilege. No one has an issue with discussing any other ‘experimental treatment’ here.

[postedby]Originally Posted by roger_that[/postedby]

Not at all, because the forum would be equally open to other doctors, including those who think Dr. Nigam’s experiments are invalid or a rip-off. They would be free to explain exactly why they believe that, and forum members would be free to make up their own minds.[/quote]

That’s exactly what we have here. A forum where we can all discuss, analyze and critique. One where we can all contribute and everybody reading can make up their own minds.

You keep implying that this would not give Nigam special privileges, which is nonsense. The fact that you and a few others disagree with those that critique Nigam is really at the root of this whole endeavor to create a “semi-private” forum.

No other doctors have trouble posting on this or any of the other forums on this website, and engaging with each other and the posters. Those who find fault with Nigam don’t do so because there is some sort of clandestine agenda. To imply so sinks to a level of ad-hominem attack unworthy of you. The only agenda they have is to determine the truth about Nigam. That they come to different conclusions than you doesn’t imply that they have some sort of agenda. It’s a major miscalculation on your part if you truly think that is true.

Anyway, if Nigam wants to, he can continue to defend himself and his practices here, and others will continue to apply deserved critical analysis to him and what he has done. This is how it’s been here, and how it should be.

If you have an issue with what people say or post here about Nigam, then do as you have done in the past, and post and explain why. That’s how a forum works. You don’t need to go running off to your “semi-private forum” where you can post without fear of real dissent.

The fact that Hairsite is a “prestige” website (in the sense that it is well-known and a place where many go for information and news) is precisely why we shouldn’t allow this sort of private-forum nonsense, which clearly imparts a sort of privilege to a particular doctor and those who support him.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by walrus[/postedby]
What you really want is a forum that gives Dr Nigam special privilege. No one has an issue with discussing any other ‘experimental treatment’ here.[/quote]

That’s exactly true, but I have an idea.

How about we create this special private forum, and walrus will be the moderator and imparter of privileges.

Am weighing in all the opinions, will make a decision soon after all the threads in the “Stem cells hair transplant” forum are migrated to this forum.

Thank you and appreciate all the feedback.

[quote]
That’s exactly what we have here. A forum where we can all discuss, analyze
and critique. One where we can all contribute and everybody reading can make
up their own minds.[/quote]

Bullsh7t. Its nothing more than a dump fest here with monkeys competing among
themselves to see if they can out-do each other in crapping on every thread.

Any doctor contemplating an out of the box treatment/idea who was stupid
enough to post in this forum will find his reputation destroyed and the
subjected of character assassination by monkeys.

Astonishingly, the same monkeys will wonder out loud why is it that in the
21st century there is still no cure for baldness and hardly any
doctors/researchers willing to enter this field of hair loss research.