Can toppik cause hairloss

can the use of toppik or other concealers clog pores and keep hair from growing?

I would feel confident in saying it doesn’t help. Everytime I put that stuff on my head, my scalp feels a lot warmer like it’s blocking pores or something. If it’s left on too long my scalp starts itching. I’ve never put that stuff on everyday. Not sure that I’d want to either. Once in a while is probably no big deal, but everyday might be a bit too much.

how long since have u been using toppik…does it have any side effects…doest it stick with hair…or a mild breeze is enough to scatter…:wink: :wink:

nao gen is safe for everyday use, it hasn’t made my hair loss any worse. wash it out at night with water and shampoo, (nizoral) every 3 days

» can the use of toppik or other concealers clog pores and keep hair from
» growing?

I dunno.

But use enough of it, and it will look like you’re wearing a wig.

» can the use of toppik or other concealers clog pores and keep hair from
» growing?

SUMMARY- I do not believe toppik will cause hair loss in general, but if it is massaged into ones scalp nightly it may be somewhat toxic to the hair follicle.

I used toppik daily for 5 months, never washing it out of my hair prior to my nightly rogain foam application. I seemed to have excelerated hair loss in the last few months, I am blaming it on the nightly mix of rogain foam and toppik (which i would massage into my scalp nightly), because it seems like the most rational explanation. Last month i began washing all toppik out of my hair prior to rogain foam application. If no regrowth occurs at least my pillow case won’t look like a mechanics shop rag.