Can HT dr\'s write prescriptions?

They probably write prescriptions for painkillers. Of course, I’m asking this w/ Acell in mind.

» They probably write prescriptions for painkillers. Of course, I’m asking
» this w/ Acell in mind.

A dermatologist can write a prescription for Prozac.

Any kind of doctor can write a prescription for any drug for any use that HE or SHE thinks, in his/her medical opinion, would be of benefit to his/her patient.

A transplant doctor doesn’t have a hell of a big incentive to write you a script for Acell.

The stuff is untried on the scalp and it works by healing open bleeding wounds. He’s gonna know that you’re gonna wound yourself on purpose to use it. Something could go wrong. And no matter how much paperwork he makes you sign ahead of time, he could probably still find himself liable for malpractice/damages if your lawyer is good enough.

And what if it works? If it works with anything short of drawing blood, then he’s just killed not only his own career overnight but probably his entire profession too.

I’m not saying no doctor would ever mess with the stuff, but just bear in mind what they stand to gain & lose by it. They don’t exactly have the same priorities as we do.

There are good honest HT docs out there. But still, the profession generally rewards people with a strong dose of self-promotion and capitalistic motivations.

» A transplant doctor doesn’t have a hell of a big incentive to write you a
» script for Acell.
»
»
» The stuff is untried on the scalp and it works by healing open bleeding
» wounds. He’s gonna know that you’re gonna wound yourself on purpose to use
» it. Something could go wrong. And no matter how much paperwork he makes
» you sign ahead of time, he could probably still find himself liable for
» malpractice/damages if your lawyer is good enough.
»
» And what if it works? If it works with anything short of drawing blood,
» then he’s just killed not only his own career overnight but probably his
» entire profession too.
»
»
»
»
» I’m not saying no doctor would ever mess with the stuff, but just bear in
» mind what they stand to gain & lose by it. They don’t exactly have the
» same priorities as we do.
»
» There are good honest HT docs out there. But still, the profession
» generally rewards people with a strong dose of self-promotion and
» capitalistic motivations.

Thanks cal. But I was thinking of Acell more for the donor area after a HT, not the procedure of straight wounding the balding areas and then using Acell.

» They probably write prescriptions for painkillers. Of course, I’m asking
» this w/ Acell in mind.

if they are a LICENSED M.D. or a D.O. (doctor of osteopathy), most def!!!

» But I was thinking of Acell more for the donor area after a
» HT, not the procedure of straight wounding the balding areas and then using

What’s the difference? both create wounding followed by drug that activates regenerative pathways.

And if it works, it still might change/hurt his profession in permanent ways.

You may not try anything that ends HTs yourself. But if it works, then this may start the next wave of experimentation by someone else that DOES end his career.

Once again, I’m not saying a HT clinic would never do this, but I’m saying look at it from their point of view. Big risk of career damage, big risk of legal liability, no gain for the clinic itself.

» And if it works, it still might change/hurt his profession in permanent
» ways.
»
» You may not try anything that ends HTs yourself. But if it works, then
» this may start the next wave of experimentation by someone else that DOES
» end his career.
»
»
» Once again, I’m not saying a HT clinic would never do this, but I’m saying
» look at it from their point of view. Big risk of career damage, big risk
» of legal liability, no gain for the clinic itself.

That’s a good point that a dr. may be opening himself up to liability if something goes wrong, but I disagree in that Acell would kill the HT industry. If Acell works in combo w/ an HT, I think it could be a boon for the industry. Bascially it comes down to whether a dr. wants to get my money by performing the HT w/ Acell, or not getting any money at all b/c:

1. I choose not to get an HT b/c it won’t really be a long term solution since I’m still receding, or
  2. I go to another dr. who will use Acell

Also, Acell could possibly INCREASE the number of HT’s one person could get, so that means actually more money for the dr. b/c of Acell.

That’s all fine as long as we don’t discover that Acell works by dermabrasion alone. But if it actually does, THEN a transplant doctor really has just killed his whole industry.

Yeah, Acell probably won’t work that easily. But IMO the idea is definitely worth considering and spending money to test.

People seem to forget that even if Acell does work by regenerating the donor area, the experience of getting 20,000 FUE grafts will not be quick, nor cheap, nor pleasant.

That could literally take most of a decade. Constantly shaving down, spending $15K getting your scalp poked full of a few thousand holes, letting it grow out for a year, then shaving down and spending another $15K for the next several thousand grafts . . . maybe by 2015, after spending about $50,000 and many years of being buzzed down & bleeding, you’ll look decent.