Can a HT give you your original hair density

Hi,
After a while here I have seen plenty of cases here and there, some better than others, depending on many variables.
Still, do you think that a HT can give you the original hair density you had before loosing your hair?
Finally, when people talk about hair densities, I think it makes more sense to talk about distance in milimetres btw grafts after a HT.

HT/density = Robbing Peter to pay Paul

» HT/density = Robbing Peter to pay Paul
»
»
»
»

Hi,
In most cases, Peter is a big fat billionaire, and Paul is living on min. wage…
The world would then be a better place!

» Hi,
» After a while here I have seen plenty of cases here and there, some better
» than others, depending on many variables.
» Still, do you think that a HT can give you the original hair density you
» had before loosing your hair?

You cannot original density because you are taking hair from 1 area and putting it in another area. You are literally redistributing the hair from one place to another.

» » Hi,
» » After a while here I have seen plenty of cases here and there, some
» better
» » than others, depending on many variables.
» » Still, do you think that a HT can give you the original hair density
» you
» » had before loosing your hair?
»
» You cannot original density because you are taking hair from 1 area and
» putting it in another area. You are literally redistributing the hair from
» one place to another.

Of course you are redistributing from one area to another, but with cases of high hair densities and good hair qualities you can redistribute and obtain almost the original hair density.
Of course if you are a NW6 or NW7 then forget it bro!
What do you guys think.
Cheers

» Hi,
» Finally, when people talk about hair densities, I think it makes more
» sense to talk about distance in milimetres btw grafts after a HT.

NO!

» Hi,
» Finally, when people talk about hair densities, I think it makes more
» sense to talk about distance in milimetres btw grafts after a HT.

In theory, yes. But whether or not it is appropriate - that is another matter. It makes more sense to think about the coverage - if it is possible to reestablish the coverage you had before hair loss began.

Right now I don’t believe that truly 100% original density is feasible for any clinic or patient. But getting 70-80% is definitely possible for most patients if they have the donor area supply.

If you’ve actually got enough donor supply to shoot for 100% density in the reipient area, then you’re extremely unlikely to be in a HT clinic in the first place. Extremely unlikely.

Don’t forget that it won’t take 100% for a transplant just to SEEM like original desity to you. Normally takes something like 40% or more density loss in an area before the person even becomes aware that they’re losing hair.

» Right now I don’t believe that truly 100% original density is feasible for
» any clinic or patient. But getting 70-80% is definitely possible for most
» patients if they have the donor area supply.
»
» If you’ve actually got enough donor supply to shoot for 100% density in
» the reipient area, then you’re extremely unlikely to be in a HT clinic in
» the first place. Extremely unlikely.
»
» Don’t forget that it won’t take 100% for a transplant just to SEEM like
» original desity to you. Normally takes something like 40% or more density
» loss in an area before the person even becomes aware that they’re losing
» hair.

I think that is possible using strip. I know people say hair transplant is about redistributing your hair so the density will undeniably be lower once you take it from one place and put it to another spot, but if you do a strip, you can essentially have more or less same density throughout your scalp. You can never achieve that with fue.

» I think that is possible using strip. I know people say hair transplant is
» about redistributing your hair so the density will undeniably be lower once
» you take it from one place and put it to another spot, but if you do a
» strip, you can essentially have more or less same density throughout your
» scalp. You can never achieve that with fue.

How is that possible to keep the same density? That doesn’t make sense.

Absurd!

Afte reading all the posts I dont agree with those that say its absurd. Just to the math jtel and ixan.
Start off with the assumption that you are at max, and i mean at max a NW4 and with very good hair donor, quality or texture, etc. Also make the assumption that what I meant by original density I didnt mean that when you were 20, but that of a normal man of a given age who doesnt suffer from hairloss, this is KEY.
After saying this, move to the recepeint and literally measure the area to be covered, make realistic assumptions as to hairlines, etc., dont expect the hair or hairline of a 20 something.
Its true that a HT is nothing more than redistributing, but today given the fact that in 2 procedures you can move about 10.000 grafts easily, then in theory and in practice you can achieve your original density.
If after 2 strip procedures you still want more, you could add in an additional 1000 by FUE in case of exceptional hair qualities, and voila, mission accomplished.

» » Right now I don’t believe that truly 100% original density is feasible
» for
» » any clinic or patient. But getting 70-80% is definitely possible for
» most
» » patients if they have the donor area supply.
» »
» » If you’ve actually got enough donor supply to shoot for 100% density in
» » the reipient area, then you’re extremely unlikely to be in a HT clinic
» in
» » the first place. Extremely unlikely.
» »
» » Don’t forget that it won’t take 100% for a transplant just to SEEM like
» » original desity to you. Normally takes something like 40% or more
» density
» » loss in an area before the person even becomes aware that they’re
» losing
» » hair.
»

» » Right now I don’t believe that truly 100% original density is feasible
» for
» » any clinic or patient. But getting 70-80% is definitely possible for
» most
» » patients if they have the donor area supply.
» »
» » If you’ve actually got enough donor supply to shoot for 100% density in
» » the reipient area, then you’re extremely unlikely to be in a HT clinic
» in
» » the first place. Extremely unlikely.
» »
» » Don’t forget that it won’t take 100% for a transplant just to SEEM like
» » original desity to you. Normally takes something like 40% or more
» density
» » loss in an area before the person even becomes aware that they’re
» losing
» » hair.
»

Please do explain. You are saying TWO minus ONE = TWO.

No it’s not absurb. When a doctor does strip , he removes the skin, the surface area is reduced so you can have same density even if you are taking hair from one spot and move to another. You can’t do that with fue because the doctor does not remove the skin.

» No it’s not absurb. When a doctor does strip , he removes the skin, the
» surface area is reduced so you can have same density even if you are taking
» hair from one spot and move to another. You can’t do that with fue
» because the doctor does not remove the skin.

Indeed, when a doc performs a strip operation he cuts out the strip.
The strip is then stripped of the FU, the remains are ready for the garbage can.
FUE does not have ‘waist’, it is therefore a much more tissue efficient procedure, apart of course from being much much less invasive.

BV

The HTs cannot produce any new hair grafts, and your skull isn’t getting any smaller. So there is no new original-density scalp area coming from any HT.

Of course FUE literally just robs Peter to pay Paul, one single graft at a time.

Strip HTs remove a chunk of skin and it seems like you’re getting something for nothing. But when that strip wound is being closed, the rest of the scalp skin has to be stretched wider to close the wound. So afterward there will be a couple thousand fewer grafts per cm spread over the rest of your head.

And with closing strip HT wounds, the lower hairline on the back of your neck & your frontal hairline will probably be pulled a little closer together overall. That is reducing the total area of your head that is covered with hair. (Is this “free hair”? No. The extra little loss in the front area just means you’ll be transplanting a little more hair back in there later. And the loss of the rear neck hair might not be very noticeable, but in theory you could also just raid that area for grafts by FUE and achieve the same result. But that lower back/neck area is not as long-term safe as the rest of your safe-zone is.)

There is no free lunch with HTs of any kind. Same size skull, same number of hairs in total.

“Still, do you think that a HT can give you the original hair density you had before loosing your hair?”

Yes, it can, but over a small and possibly insignificant area of scalp. If you have significant hair loss, ultra-dense packing with full size fu’s will not serve you. In fact, it will look odd if have significant hair loss.

“Finally, when people talk about hair densities, I think it makes more sense to talk about distance in milimetres btw grafts after a HT.”

Possibly.

On another note, I would only add that posters actually don’t really write much about hair density. They write about grafted density, which is sometimes synonymous with follicular density. Hair density and grafted density are two very different things.

Well said, Cal!

Listen, I am not going to debate the pros and cons of strip versus fue. Someone asked if it is possible to have the same original density as donor, everybody said no, I was the only one who correctly pointed out that it is possible.

If you take out a strip that has for example 50 grafts per sq cm, you can put the same 50 grafts per sq cm to a bald area to retain the same density as the donor. There will be no effect on the donor because it is sutured closed. Voila, same density as donor.

The original post/question was vague. What AREA of grafting are we talking about? You obviously could have a 1 cm^2 area grafted to ITS original density. If one thinks that one can take a NW 5 and graft his ENTIRE balding area to its original density and maintain any density in his donor area, then I would question ones ability to think rationally.