Boomboom

May I ask what happened to your thread as I can’t seem to find it. Did you decide to delete it for some reason and if so why? I wanted to ask you why you decided to switch clinics?

Were you happy with the results of your previous procedure and did the bodyhair that was harvested continue to grow? It was so long ago that you posted maybe 4 years or so, but I vaguely remember you saying something about being on a statin and feeling that maybe it had an effect on your procedure.

Why do I hear bells, whistles, sirens and only see red flags when a poster who apparently is very excited and decides to start posting once again after 4 or 5 years suddenly has that post removed. Maybe it is nothing, but this is what I refer to sometimes as seeing the big picture. One needs to have been around 5-10 years to actually understand the limited value of the forums for someone who thinks they can just read them for a short time and make a good decision.

Obviously Marco has been around long enough to remember.

»
» Obviously Marco has been around long enough to remember.

Hi Topcat, I do remember boomboom and I was surprised at his post. He had a couple of BHT with Dr. A. The first did not work so well but I thought the second was meant to be OK. I wondered why he presented his post as if he had not had the work done. I can’t see why the thread would have been deleted??

Marco, I think it’s possible the poster asked for it to be removed although I do not know that as fact. This is the biggest problem I find with the forums, as they can be deceptive. If it were true and I don’t know that it is, I find it quite bothersome as a repair patient. In order to help others you have to be completely truthful good or bad.

There is no reason a poster and patient should ever feel intimidated or ashamed to post exactly what is on their mind for fear of retribution. This is why many viewing the forums are only seeing a snap shot which is of little value. You need to see the whole movie to understand the industry.

I don’t come on to the forums and bad mouth clinics with what I know, but I don’t endorse them either. If I was actually a patient and had a poor experience I would definitely feel the need to tell others with the only intention of helping them avoid the same mistake.

I hope I am wrong here and that it’s just a misunderstanding on my part.

» Marco, I think it’s possible the poster asked for it to be removed although
» I do not know that as fact. This is the biggest problem I find with the
» forums, as they can be deceptive. If it were true and I don’t know that it
» is, I find it quite bothersome as a repair patient. In order to help others
» you have to be completely truthful good or bad.
»
» There is no reason a poster and patient should ever feel intimidated or
» ashamed to post exactly what is on their mind for fear of retribution. This
» is why many viewing the forums are only seeing a snap shot which is of
» little value. You need to see the whole movie to understand the industry.
»
» I don’t come on to the forums and bad mouth clinics with what I know, but I
» don’t endorse them either. If I was actually a patient and had a poor
» experience I would definitely feel the need to tell others with the only
» intention of helping them avoid the same mistake.
»
» I hope I am wrong here and that it’s just a misunderstanding on my part.

I could be wrong but from what I remember about Boomboom was that his results were not very good at all. I distinctly remember thinking that it was not enough of an improvement to be considered worthwhile. This is only my opinion but I agree- Why are his posts removed? Unless he did indeed ask for this. I do not like what I am reading in between the lines here. Some will say do not go to deep into this but knowing the industry as I do I would like to know why he did not go back to his original doctor and his experiences with him. P.S. Still on the Z pack for the flu but my hair is looking amazing these days and a friend is supposed to take some pics for me as soon as I am better. Will be posting soon.

" One needs to have been around 5-10 years to actually understand the limited value of the forums for someone who thinks they can just read them for a short time and make a good decision" Could not agree more

My guess is that the student has realized that internet squabbles with the teacher are bad for the image and only a veteran would know what I am referring to here. And image building is a long slow process.

Boomboom you should explain why the post was removed. We live in a place where freedom of speech is supposed to be the norm regardless of outside forces.

» We live in a place
» where freedom of speech is supposed to be the norm regardless of outside
» forces.

It seems you live in The Matrix.

Just kidding … (?)

As I remember it boomboom put his financial ass on the line for a decent head of hair :frowning:

» As I remember it boomboom put his financial ass on the line for a decent
» head of hair :frowning:

Not really at about $1.00 a graft. But shopping for cosmetic surgery with just price in mind is not a good idea. It’s also not a good idea to pursue the one and done route either if that is the next turn just my honest opinion.

I was suppose to meetup with boomboom about 5 years ago as he is just over the state line. I remember him as being a good guy, I hope that has not changed.

Ironman, LOL I wish it were the Matrix, but unfortunately it is the reality in the world of HT.

» » As I remember it boomboom put his financial ass on the line for a decent
» » head of hair :frowning:
»
» Not really at about $1.00 a graft. But shopping for cosmetic surgery with
» just price in mind is not a good idea. It’s also not a good idea to pursue
» the one and done route either if that is the next turn just my honest
» opinion.
»
» I was suppose to meetup with boomboom about 5 years ago as he is just over
» the state line. I remember him as being a good guy, I hope that has not
» changed.
»
» Ironman, LOL I wish it were the Matrix, but unfortunately it is the reality
» in the world of HT.

As I remember it about 100K on a custom sliding scale.

I think Boomboom was originally planning to write a book on his experiences to help pay for it.

» As I remember it about 100K on a custom sliding scale.
»
» I think Boomboom was originally planning to write a book on his experiences
» to help pay for it.

You might be right hairdar, but it was a long time ago and I remember differently. I thought it was 2 small procedures and then a good portion of the hair falling out after a year or so. For some reason I recall boomboom thinking it was due to taking statins.

Maybe he can post and clear this all up.