Body hair with age

It seems to me that body hair actually gets thicker for most as we age. Is this idea accurate?

» It seems to me that body hair actually gets thicker for most as we age. Is
» this idea accurate?

Yes it could be correct.It grows everywhere you do not want it - Like in you earholes,thicker eyebrows,etc,all with age.

If you notice though, many older men, 60’s etc, have almost no body hair. Obviously everyone is different.

» It seems to me that body hair actually gets thicker for most as we age. Is
» this idea accurate?

I -THINK body hair thickens after puberty and continues until may be early 50s and then starts falling off.

You know what guys? I sadly enough have never even thought about this. Body hair with age… Transplanted BHT… will it fall when a person gets older? hmmm This is yet something else to consider.

I guess an arguement would be… “Well at 60 who cares if BHT falls out?” Well I know plenty of men in their 60’s and 70’s that don’t look their age and losing transplanted hair at that age would be a second trauma. Geesh.

Interesting.
Same goes for head hair.

The head-hair donor area of some older men can get very thin as well.
I’ve seen this with my own father.

Yikes!
Hopefully the meds will help.
I’m on propecia but trying to stay away from Dut.
Minox. seems to stimulate the BHT very well, IMO.

Will DHT blockers hurt the BHT?
I’ve been on Propecia for over 15 years and my body hair is about the same as it always was.
So, I’m hoping not.

Everone is different.
Time will tell.

Well as an educated guess, if your bht has sustained the same characteristics after 15 years of finasteride, then it would seem safe to say that there are no deleterious effects from finasteride, in your case… but this is a simple educated guess.

At 55, I would guess that I have 3 times the body hair I had at 37. The recent photo on the right was taken approx 1 month post-op. Everything was shaved. The photo on the right reflects about 1/3 of the growth I had before shaving down. Many hairs are in the telogen phase of growth.

I personally don’t think that body hair thins in a HEALTHY male as we grow older.

Healthy or not some aging males do have some kind of body thinning… not that you are aging… you don’t look your age.:slight_smile:
No one can quantify who will thin and who won’t as they get older. It is just something else to think about.

Another small issue to think about in scalp hair is the lower part of the donor region. In some older men, that area, also thins and some clinics ignore this and take as many grafts as they can.

Here is a collage with ZZ Top surrounded by 100 year old men who can still grow body hair.

I have heard that eyebrows commonly thin with age. I believe the opposite is true regarding body hair growth in most other areas.

BTW:
I never see these ZZ Top guys without their hats. I wonder if they are bald?

Excellent observation of facial hair. Where is the body hair on these guys? But anyway… not all men have body hair thinning… but many men do.:wink:

In fact I just read it revolves around estrogen/testosterone levels… changing in older individuals and they can be clinically asymptomatic in terms of disease ,immunosuppression, and/or diet insufficiency. In other words… in some aging individuals, hormonal shifts can cause BHT decreasing. And it is common.:slight_smile:

» In fact I just read it revolves around estrogen/testosterone levels…
» changing in older individuals and they can be clinically asymptomatic in
» terms of disease ,immunosuppression, and/or diet insufficiency. In other
» words… in some aging individuals, hormonal shifts can cause BHT
» decreasing. And it is common.:slight_smile:

Ya older men do lose body hair it seems like.

Not in all folks but who knows…