Bis misconception

With all due respect to the posters on this forum, I take exception to a position which is posited ad nauseum: that HM will be a failure if it can’t produce thousands of new grafts. This is pure crap. If HM can only provide 3000 new, DHT resistant grafts, then it’s a success. If I had an extra 3000 grafts–in addition to my current donor supply (and BHT supply) I would be extatic! Just 3000 new grafts would be cosmetic change on the order of magnitude for ANY NW level. Think about it.

» With all due respect to the posters on this forum, I take exception to a
» position which is posited ad nauseum: that HM will be a failure if it can’t
» produce thousands of new grafts. This is pure crap. If HM can only
» provide 3000 new, DHT resistant grafts, then it’s a success. If I had an
» extra 3000 grafts–in addition to my current donor supply (and BHT supply)
» I would be extatic! Just 3000 new grafts would be cosmetic change on the
» order of magnitude for ANY NW level. Think about it.

+1…there are many people on this forum with no visible thinning and mildly recessed temples who want their high school hair density back. These are the people usually putting down Follica & Intercytex. I have said it several times that the bigger problem with these guys is not hair but their social skills, that’s what they need to work on and move on with their lives. They’ll still have plenty of the hair left by the time any new treatment hits the market.

Compare that to millions of bald men with visible thinning or completely bald top, for these people (including me), even 5000 new-dht-resistant hair would mean a significant cosmetic change. We are still looking forward to Follica & Intercytex, although we do want these in the market asap!

It certainly would be welcome. Who wouldn’t want 3000 extra hairs? But it depends on how you define success. For me, success is that I don’t have to worry about my hair anymore. And 3000 extra hairs, while nice, isn’t enough.

I think most would agree with you that 3000 new hairs in the hand is better than waiting another decade for 100,000 new hairs in the bush.

However if something only grows 3000 hairs across the whole head, that may discourage the continued investment of zillions of dollars to perfect it.

And with Folica or Acell, the question is mostly academic. Either of these projects will probably turn out to be all-or-nothing scenarios.