BHT & White dots

How many BHT patients on this board have experienced “white dots” on their body after the donor hairs were removed ?

» How many BHT patients on this board have experienced “white dots” on their
» body after the donor hairs were removed ?

Damon, I have a few on my chest, but none anywhere else that I can determine. The remaining hair on my chest pretty much conceals these. Believe it or not, it probably was donor sealing (I think) that cause some of these white dots.

Certainly, it was one of the things I was most concerned with because I didn’t want to attempt to get more hair at the risk of ruining my body. I have had 12,000 BHT grafts so it would be noticeable if it were going to be.

I would caveat that each person heals differently.

It’s amazing how eager people are on this forum to fill the board with personal attacks but are very reluctant to answer questions like mine.
It’s also very interesting how Doc’s on this site manage to answer all questions except ones regarding white dots.
I am concerned with leaving marks on my body, especially after my skin is tanned. I suspect that the area where the hair was removed from the body will not darken from the sun. I strongly suspect that the white dots will be even MORE visible with a suntan.
One of my friends had laser hair removal & he now has visible white dots all over his body,not a good look.
I guess each patient heals differently but I think the size of the needle used by the doc would play a part as well.
Thanks again for your feed back, I checked out your blog too.All the best with your hair restoration journey.

» It’s amazing how eager people are on this forum to fill the board with
» personal attacks but are very reluctant to answer questions like mine.
» It’s also very interesting how Doc’s on this site manage to answer all
» questions except ones regarding white dots.

Seems to me this has been rather beaten to death on this and other forums! At any rate, as I know I’ve said before, the chest is by far the most common site to have white dotting, in our experience. As was stated, very often, the hair left behind hinds any dotting that exists on the chest. We have rarely seen anything like this on the legs, back, etc.
Each individual has to decide if they are more worried about being bald, or balding, or living with bad work and a tapped-out donor area, or about white dots. Simple.
One cannot have incisions made, however small, and tissue removed, without the risk of some kind of scars or marking. If it’s that big an issue for someone, I would advise a test run of a few grafts taken from various areas to test the potential for this phenomenon.

BHT/FUE are merely the lesser of the 2 evils.

=» Seems to me this has been rather beaten to death on this and other forums!
» At any rate, as I know I’ve said before, the chest is by far the most
» common site to have white dotting, in our experience. As was stated, very
» often, the hair left behind hinds any dotting that exists on the chest. We
» have rarely seen anything like this on the legs, back, etc.
» Each individual has to decide if they are more worried about being bald,
» or balding, or living with bad work and a tapped-out donor area, or about
» white dots. Simple.

I had a lot of hairs extracted from legs and forearms (which are very visible) and have noticed nothing. Generally speaking you should be okay.