BHT and scalp FUSE grafts test - 14 mths update

none of this is either here nor there…whatever.

Something about BHT extensive harvesting is worrisome to me personally. I know that hairs give off signals that are important to skin rejuvination. Ive read Loren Pickart write about this and how important those vellus hairs we have on our bodies (he was speaking primarily to a female readership here) are in maintaining skin health. I openly wonder about the effect a guy who really overharvested his body hair may have on the skin and its ageing in the area. Ive seen a few women over the years who plucked their moustache hair so severely that they didn’t have even vellus hair on their upper lips. We have all seen women who have overplucked their brows for many years, leading to very thin brows. The one thing Ive noticed on a couple of older ladies who overplucked their upper lip moustaches is that they wrinkle really badly there and the skin in the ‘moustache’ area aged awfully. It kinda made their mouths look like assholes right in the middle of their faces with all those little ridges trailing away from their mouths. It was wierd. The long term effect of heavy BHT’s (when you take the hair, you take the sebaceous gland that lubricates the skin with oil–sebum) a decade or two after the surgery remains to be seen. Thats something I hope doesn’t warrant concern, but one wonders (hopefully in vain on this point).

Hi V,

Can you please post some donor area photos?
It would be interesting to see his body hair “robustness”.

I’ll bet he’s a hairy dude.

Great illustration of BH growth.
Kudos.

Thanks,
sofar

http://www.4hair.com.au/default.asp?DocumentID=232&MenuID=164&RefMenuID=&Category=. Hope this clears things up. Seems some people are getting confused. “Taking on similar charecteristics” is meant in appearance to some lenghth that’s it. With patient Timetested in attendance myself and David here at hairsite. We observed robust hair from the chest and back were definately longer than on the patients chest . And it was a couple of years out from the procedure. So there is no play on words here. AS far as the other patient . The British journal of plastic surgery made these observations as well. Guess that is why they published it there. David if you have anything else to add please do.

Ok so to date we have a hand full of scattered positive BHT cases. Why? Just answer the question of why? And when you take into account the negative cases then you have to ask yourself again why? Dr. Woods doesn’t go around stacking 15-20,000 BHT on the scalp at $8 to $10 per graft. He goes at it in extreme caution. Now we are seeing the first generation BHT clinics growth and it ain’t amounting to what folks thought. You got Sofarsogood, heliboy, time tested, and a literal couple of others. That is the reason I ask questions. If it turns out that Dr. A has found the correct way to do BHT then by all means that will be great. I will still ask questions until then. BHT does not result in the money that has been dropped on it thus far. That is just my opinion. Nothing super negative. Just questioning.

Ok,

We’ve got a handful of people who got good BHT results on the internet and a handfull of BHT cases on the internet with little or no growth.
From at least 3 continents! Lol.

This is hardly a scientific sample to judge BHT results overall.

The truth is, we just don’t know how many BHT cases are really out there walking around as of today.
Good or bad, we just don’t have the real numbers.

However, I wasn’t going to wait around for years while stats were being compiled (if ever) before trying it for myself.

IMHO, the future of BHT looks bright.

But, I have benefited from it, so perhaps I am not the most objective source.

To be honest sofar, that is why I like battling with you. You are very fair with the arguements. At least this weekend Dr. A is going to be on the “show” to answer questions concerning many of the issues we have here. And I wanted to say publically that this interview will be very fair and respectful. Just as was the Larry leonard, Global Hair Institute (GHI), the Gillinator interview, and others.

I want to ask Dr. A many questions that are dealing with clinical aspect of his procedures and I am sure Eternal Hope has his set of questions.

» http://www.4hair.com.au/default.asp?DocumentID=232&MenuID=164&RefMenuID=&Category=.
» Hope this clears things up. Seems some people are getting confused.
» “Taking on similar charecteristics” is meant in appearance to some
» lenghth that’s it.

Thats not right. Years ago, people were led to believe that transplanted body hair will take on scalp hair characteristics.
Check the archives.
Dr. A was the one who requested, repeatedly, that data from large number of patients must be collected before making such statements.

Transplanted body hair has its own unique hair cycles. There is no major change in them.

“Taking on similar characteristics” means taking on the length, calibre, color and hair growth cycles.

Doctors should be careful before they make iconic staements based on anecdotal cases.

» To be honest sofar, that is why I like battling with you. You are very
» fair with the arguements. At least this weekend Dr. A is going to be on
» the “show” to answer questions concerning many of the issues we have here.
» And I wanted to say publically that this interview will be very fair and
» respectful. Just as was the Larry leonard, Global Hair Institute (GHI),
» the Gillinator interview, and others.
»
» I want to ask Dr. A many questions that are dealing with clinical aspect
» of his procedures and I am sure Eternal Hope has his set of questions. It
» should be interesting. It will be live this weekend at 8PM EST on
» hairtechtv.com. Oh, if anyone has questions they can either call-in or
» live chat questions as well.

I think BHT will evolve over time but it is still in its infancy.

I think you are correct Johnny.

» I think you are correct Johnny.

Lol.
You would get so flamed on HLA for saying that!
Hehe.

That should tell you something.

» Dr. Poswal,
»
»
» A couple of years ago when Cole put up pictures of that density study he
» did on the same man with BHT’s implanted in various squares just like you
» did with 30 hairs per cm, 45, and 60 with 2 different types of
» angles…and the lower density implants grew more hair and had
» much much higher yield, I knew that low density BHT’s would be the way to
» go.
»
»
»

I posed this question to Dr. A. He does not think its as simple as that.
Low density transplants because BH may be signalling to each otherdoes not agree with observations.
Reason - he showed me the body donor area of a patient. There were sq cms where all the hair were in resting phase and other where most of the hair was growing. If there was a signal, then the growth should be truly random. That is not so and I have looked out for this in many other patients too.

Wet shave your chest and take pictures of different areas at 4-5 days. You will not find a truly random hair growth that BH signalling would suggest.

» » Dr. Poswal,
» »
» »
» » A couple of years ago when Cole put up pictures of that density study
» he
» » did on the same man with BHT’s implanted in various squares just like
» you
» » did with 30 hairs per cm, 45, and 60 with 2 different types of
» » angles…and the lower density implants grew more hair and had
» » much much higher yield, I knew that low density BHT’s would be the way
» to
» » go.
» »
» »
» »
»
» I posed this question to Dr. A. He does not think its as simple as that.
» Low density transplants because BH may be signalling to each otherdoes not
» agree with observations.
» Reason - he showed me the body donor area of a patient. There were sq cms
» where all the hair were in resting phase and other where most of the hair
» was growing. If there was a signal, then the growth should be truly
» random. That is not so and I have looked out for this in many other
» patients too.
»
» Wet shave your chest and take pictures of different areas at 4-5 days. You
» will not find a truly random hair growth that BH signalling would suggest.

Does Dr. A disapprove of underarm and pubic hair as donor hair? Dr. Woods stated it is irresponsible, he didn’t elaborate but i’m curious about this difference of opinion.

wow, this is really amzing documentation! You can’t deny the results.