Home | News | Find a Doctor | Ask a Question | Free

Beta-sitoserisol, Saw Palmetto, Nettle root, Pygeum

Hey natural supplement gurus, is there any significant difference in the methods of action between these various substances?

I know that beta-sito is the active part generally, but does the difference between these various supplements really boil down to just a matter of getting more and less of it?

That’s the impression I’ve always gotten from reading about a couple of them. But I’m not all that read-up on every one of the multiple substances that fall under this umbrella.

» Hey natural supplement gurus, is there any significant difference in the
» methods of action between these various substances?
»
»
» I know that beta-sito is the active part generally, but does the
» difference between these various supplements really boil down to just a
» matter of getting more and less of it?
»
» That’s the impression I’ve always gotten from reading about a couple of
» them. But I’m not all that read-up on every one of the multiple substances
» that fall under this umbrella.’

based on my experience with them, and i have taken all of them, and still do take most
they work on different pathways, and the more you add, the better your hair does
assuming you respond to natural dht blockers

»
»
»
» that fall under this umbrella.

Work on balancing your hormones which means reducing DHT and Estradiol.

Regards
Pete

I’ve got a fair amount of experience with SP. It seems to work as a Finasteride Lite (except for the full-heavy prostate effects) in most real-world aspects.

I’m wondering if something like Pygeum or Nettle root would work in a significantly different way. I’m getting more interested in stomping down my estradiol levels than just concentrating on the DHT issues alone.

» I’ve got a fair amount of experience with SP. It seems to work as a
» Finasteride Lite (except for the full-heavy prostate effects) in most
» real-world aspects.
»
»
» I’m wondering if something like Pygeum or Nettle root would work in a
» significantly different way. I’m getting more interested in stomping down
» my estradiol levels than just concentrating on the DHT issues alone.

why are you asking Pete, he uses neither of these?
I told you i have used them for 10 yrs, and they work great

I’m asking anyone who has anything to say about it. I read your original response and I don’t doubt what you’re saying.

I’m just seeking any additional elaboration, if you or anyone else has any.

» I’m asking anyone who has anything to say about it. I read your original
» response and I don’t doubt what you’re saying.
»
» I’m just seeking any additional elaboration, if you or anyone else has
» any.

i started using saw palmetto in 1999 when i was losing like 300 hairs a day, and desperate, i was up until that time using only vits mins no rogaine etc no dht blockers

now either you respond to dht blockers , natural ones, or you dont. I am a lucky responder. Shortly after taking the saw palmetto i started losing way less hair, perhaps 20 per day, and it continued at that low level. Over the next few years i added pygeum nettles (but i think mine was nettle leaf) and beta sis etc

they seem each time i add one to enhance the results, i had previously so i think they do work on different pathways,
my hair has continued to improve and looks better, way better now than it did 10 yrs ago,
not many guys can say that

hope that more detailed explanation helps
i will say, that if you do respond to natural dht blockers, adding those others will enhance your results

» I’m asking anyone who has anything to say about it. I read your original
» response and I don’t doubt what you’re saying.
»
» I’m just seeking any additional elaboration, if you or anyone else has
» any.

One of the first products that I used after I began to lose hair was Shen Min. At that time (about ten years ago), the advanced formula included an “herbal blend” which contained among other things: saw palmetto, pygeum, and beta sitosterol. Now, I got good results with this formula, initially, and I am convinced that these “DHT blockers” played an important role.

Unfortunately, after a year or so, this product began to lose its effectiveness (for me).

I subsequently bought and tried a combination of individual herbs (known for their “DHT blocking” properties) in this formula like saw palmetto extract, pygeum, nettles, pumpkin seed, beta sitosterol, all without ever achieving that initial success.

is it so hard to post pictures of ur results ,even if the improvements mean still losing hair but it gives us an idea how much it slows it down

thanks

» is it so hard to post pictures of ur results ,even if the improvements mean
» still losing hair but it gives us an idea how much it slows it down
»
» thanks

No.

»
»
»
» that fall under this umbrella.

The active part appears to be beta, campe and stigma. However if are attempting to balance your hormones to slow down hairloss you may want to consider Pygeum alongside it, as it seems it may have benefit in this direction.

Regards
Pete

» is it so hard to post pictures of ur results ,even if the improvements mean
» still losing hair but it gives us an idea how much it slows it down
»
» thanks

I am a very private person,
I prefer to remain a nickname on a posting board

doesnt matter if all my hair grew back to high school times status, I would not want my pics posted for all time on some internet board

I would never have a myspace page, or even post pics of my house

Just makes me feel strange, sorry. I actually posted a few pics for jacob a few years back, to illustrate a point about what he asked me…they showed my current hair line. and because of the attitude i have posted above, I took them down shortly thereafter. Made me feel violated

Of course this was claimed to be PROOF that the pics I posted were fake…by Jacob

whatever floats your boat i guess

I am not a picture posting type of person

the only people who have posted pics on the natural board , are , who? I dont know

supposedly Widows posted some pics, a few years back, but even those I am not sure are him

Posting pics, believe me is not worth the effort. Even if you sincerely post some pics, you will get attacked for the pics, the lighting, the angles, or have other people claim the pics are not even you

who needs that?