Benji, Bryan, Cal, or any other mad scientist

When using nizoral 2%, is it okay to use a regular shampoo and/or conditioner right afterwards?

» When using nizoral 2%, is it okay to use a regular shampoo and/or
» conditioner right afterwards?

It seems like nobody knows the answer to this. Please don’t just guess and post your answer, I’d appreciate it if someone that is certain of their answer to reply.

Furthermore, ever since Benji posted those results of the gentleman using Nizoral 2% everyday with excellent results I’ve been inclined to do so as well. I further researched and find many people that used it everyday were significantly happy with the regrowth and thickening of their hair in such short time frames.

So since I’ve started using it everyday my hair feels very very thick and puffy. But at the same time its unmanagable and “hard”. Therefore, what I intend on doing is taking regular and normal showers in the mornings with a regular high end shampoo as necessary. And taking my 2nd shower in the evenings/nightly and using Nizoral 2% everytime. This way whatever condition nizoral leaves my hair in won’t matter as I’ll be going to bed anyway. And 10-11 hours should be an ample amount of time to safely take my morning shower without interfering with the previous night’s nizoral shampoo’s application.

I suggest most of you to do the same. Funny thing is, many of you take hair loss very very seriously and would go above and beyond to ATLEAST halt the loss. But then the same number of guys who can greatly benefit from nizoral shampoo either quit it or use it weekly because they complain that “i don’t like the way my hair feels afterwards”. Give me a break. Better to have hair and have it looking rough, than to have no hair at all!
Man up machoman! Grrrrr :angry:

» » When using nizoral 2%, is it okay to use a regular shampoo and/or
» » conditioner right afterwards?

nizoral has never bothered me…it might make the hair feel a little “dry” after a while, but thats because there will be less sebum secretions after a while. Studies showed that there was a 18% decrease in sebum secretions and smaller sebaceous glands with 6 months usage. Just think, if you used it and left it in for a few minutes there might be even MORE shrinkage of the glands and even less sebaceous secretions…this should mean “dryer” hair, more like a womans hair.

I imagine many men who tried and quit nizoral were experiencing that “anti-androgen shed” in the first month to month-and-a-half and blamed it on the shampoo.

There is a hairloss patent out for d-limonene as a alpha-five-reductase inhibitor. Limonene is something that is in several shampoos (L’Oreal Thickening, Alpecin, a few others). Its basically a large component of orange rind oil, but is also present (in much lesser quantities) in lavender, rosemary, peppermint, spearmint, sage, lemon, lime, and a few other oils. Maybe a shampoo with that in it would be a good shampoo to rotate with the nizoral. Use of d-limonenes as testosterone-5-alpha-reductase inhibitor and as hair grower. - MIYAUCHI YUTAKA

Ive never really cottoned to conditioners…but Doctor Proctor does make a NANO conditioner that might be good to use with the nizoral if you wanted some extra anti-hairloss ooomph going on up there.

When my hair was thick enough not to be taking the MPB battle into account, I really needed conditioners. They really helped.

But IMHO once the hair has thinned enough to be a problem, the visual volume loss and the “oiliness” of better conditioned hair seems to outweigh the benefits for lots of guys.

These days I still use conditioner every time I wash. I just like healthy-looking hair better even if I could get it looking slightly thicker with a worse texture appearance.

I tend to let the Niz really work for a while first, though. I work it in with my fingers and let it soak for several minutes. The best hair product on the planet won’t work if you don’t apply it entirely over your head and get it thoroughly soaked in.

Would you assume that after using Niz, a shampoo/conditioner would be okay to use without diminishing the effect of Niz?

» When my hair was thick enough not to be taking the MPB battle into account,
» I really needed conditioners. They really helped.
»
» But IMHO once the hair has thinned enough to be a problem, the visual
» volume loss and the “oiliness” of better conditioned hair seems to outweigh
» the benefits for lots of guys.
»
»
»
»
»
» These days I still use conditioner every time I wash. I just like
» healthy-looking hair better even if I could get it looking slightly thicker
» with a worse texture appearance.