Benefits of FUSE over strip FUHT

Dear forum readers,
One of the benefits of the stitchless FUSE/fue method over the strip FUHT is the comfort level in post operative recovery.

Second, when going for strip, its advisable to go for the largest possible sessions and the minimum number of surgeries.
With FUSE/fue, one can go for smaller sessions. (Not that one cannot go for smaller sessions in strip, only I wont recommend multiple small strip surgeries).

The following pictures illustrate this aspect.
The patient went for transplant over a small area (choosing to go for the remaining areas in gradual steps over time).

The healing and the comfort can be understood by the pictures taken before and 10 days after the transplant.

Immediately pre operative (after administration of local anesthesia)

10 days post extraction images

Regards,
Dr. A

» Dear forum readers,
» One of the benefits of the stitchless FUSE/fue method over the strip FUHT
» is the comfort level in post operative recovery.

Who cares. We’re men obsessed with hairloss. If we can’t sacrifice a bit of pain for results then we should stop now! This is no reason amongst the mega-machos like me as a decision maker.

» Second, when going for strip, its advisable to go for the largest possible
» sessions and the minimum number of surgeries.
» With FUSE/fue, one can go for smaller sessions. (Not that one cannot go
» for smaller sessions in strip, only I wont recommend multiple small strip
» surgeries).

Who cares. We all want to get it over and done with in as few sessions as possible anyway even if we have to rob a bank (although I will never mug an old lady for money) to pay for it. Your prices are reasonable anyway and your technique is excellent so… who cares.

» The following pictures illustrate this aspect.
» The patient went for transplant over a small area (choosing to go for the
» remaining areas in gradual steps over time).

O.K so if baldness progresses we can go for more FUE but that is also true after an initial strip.

What we want to hear is that FUE can do everything in terms of numbers and quality that strip can do.
Best Wishes,Marco

»
» What we want to hear is that FUE can do everything in terms of numbers and
» quality that strip can do.
» Best Wishes,Marco

Dear Marco,
The growth with FUSE is the same with strip FUHT.

For example, in Minu’s case, if you remember, we transplanted strip and FUSE grafts in 2 identifiable areas (both in scar tissue) and followed the progress.
Relevant thread http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-13869.html
There was no difference in the yield.

Recently, we posted the update of beard hair grafts transplanted into scar tissue. All in identifiable bare areas.
22 out of 22 grafts grew, even though it was scar tissue.
Relevant thread http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-14210.html

Regards,
Dr. A

Over the years we have waited for the yield of FUE to become comparable to that of Strip- in my view it hasn’t happened.

FUE and Strip both have their advantages and their place in the industry but for megasessions I think it is clear that Strip has a significant edge over FUE on yield. The huge megasession WOW results are aplenty from the top Strip docs - not so from the top FUE docs. There are a number of reasons for this of course, but it is clear to me at least that one of the key reasons is yield.