Beard hair

I have a very very thick beard (while I am balding, the beard keeps growing faster and in a larger and larger area).

Could someone with a very thick beard get say 10,000 grafts? My beard hair seems as thick as my donor scalp hair, and can probably grow longer than my donor scalp hair. What is the growth cycle of beard hair versus scalp hair regarding resting phase and growing phase?

Thanks.

Dear Forum readers…

» I have a very very thick beard (while I am balding, the beard keeps growing
» faster and in a larger and larger area).
»
» Could someone with a very thick beard get say 10,000 grafts? My beard
» hair seems as thick as my donor scalp hair, and can probably grow longer
» than my donor scalp hair. What is the growth cycle of beard hair versus
» scalp hair regarding resting phase and growing phase?
»
» Thanks.

I’m not an expert, but I think your beard and scalp hair growth and resting cycles are very close to the same. BTW, I’d wager that your beard hair is actually thicker than your scalp hair.

Can Dr. A reply to this please?

My beard hair is always visible (even after shaving), and I am thinking of moving it to my head.

I assume it will grow very long? Longer than pretty much all other body or scalp hair that I have. Does it itch once moved to the scalp?

Can Dr. A. post pics of parts of scalps where beard hair is definitely growing?

How can the scarring in the beard are be so little? Do you also take hair from the cheeks or only from the chin area?

I might be coming to India in December and later next year for my company, and I might try this out.

Thanks.