Be an educated hair transplant patient

Friday I had superbly prepared patient walk into our office. Let me tell you briefly about his preparation.

About a month ago I got a call from a lady who wanted to ask about hair transplants and how we do them. I spoke with her for about 10 minutes and it was clear she knew a fair amount about hair surgery. She asked very pointed questions dealing with: do we do follicular unit work? YES; do we use microscopes for ALL disection? YES; do we DENSE PACK? YES; and a few others. As I spoke with her I was convinced she worked for a nearby competitor, but I was polite and offered her to come in and visit us so that she could see for herself. Actually I thought if she worked for a competitor, maybe she would want to work for us if she saw our philosophy first hand. Anyhow, she declined.

Well yesterday, this 40 year old man came in, and he said he was referred by his mother, a local pharmaceutical rep. He said she had called and spoken to me a few weeks earlier, and then it all “clicked”–she was the phone call I mentioned above. She had asked several dermatologists for recommendations and apparently our office was mentioned frequently enough that she sent her son to us. He said that she had researched us online, and on this and 2 other hair loss websites.

We had a great consultation and I think it was great rather than just good, primarily because he, and his mother, had done their homework before coming to the office. He knew what he wanted and simply added to his knowledge base via the consultation. Its like when you go to shop for a car, you already know you want a sedan or suv, you don’t just ask the salesman to sell you something, or he will put you in the biggest most expensive thing on the lot; even if you only need a coupe!

So be an educated patient, do research on sites like this, talk to patients about their experiences and speak to the DOCTOR. An honest doctor will not sell you the biggest procedure in the practice, but offer you what works for you; knowing that if he makes you happy with a small or medium (or large) case, you will likely tell someone else to come in and be treated fairly.

That’s how we practice here in Virginia.

By the way, I suggested that the man yesterday give his mom a big hug when he saw her; as she truely loves her son.

Dr. Lindsey RESTON VA

great, an endorsement for yourself, what’s next?

With the advancement of the internet today versus almost being non-existant in the early 90s anyone who doesn’t do research and become educated on HT and the choices and advantages/disadvanatges to different procedures, quite frankly, is an idiot.

You think you’re enlightening anyone something remarkable?

You’re doing nothing more than trying to advertise yourself. Try doing it with patient results and pictures.

"She asked very pointed questions dealing with: do we do follicular unit work? "

That’s laughable. Very pointed question, yeah right. I wouldn’t even give her a passing grade for her research skills. If she has really done her research well, she would have asked whether you do Follicular Unit Extraction rather than follicular unit work.

»
» So be an educated patient, do research on sites like this, talk to
» patients about their experiences and speak to the DOCTOR. An honest doctor
» will not sell you the biggest procedure in the practice, but offer you what
» works for you; knowing that if he makes you happy with a small or medium
» (or large) case, you will likely tell someone else to come in and be
» treated fairly.
»
» That’s how we practice here in Virginia.
»
» By the way, I suggested that the man yesterday give his mom a big hug when
» he saw her; as she truely loves her son.
»
» Dr. Lindsey RESTON VA

And they lived happily everafter…

Be an educated Poster and spare us this kind of pathetic marketing exercise.

Let me guess, you sold her son a strip job rather than telling her the difference between fue and strip?

» Let me guess, you sold her son a strip job rather than telling her the
» difference between fue and strip?
Like a good partner of Dr Feller would do; if in doubt switch to strip at the last minute

Dr. Linsey can you please respond?

» Well yesterday, this 40 year old man came in, and he said he was referred
» by his mother, a local pharmaceutical rep. He said she had called and
» spoken to me a few weeks earlier, and then it all “clicked”–she was the
» phone call I mentioned above. She had asked several dermatologists for
» recommendations and apparently our office was mentioned frequently enough
» that she sent her son to us. He said that she had researched us online,
» and on this and 2 other hair loss websites.
» …
» That’s how we practice here in Virginia.
»
» By the way, I suggested that the man yesterday give his mom a big hug when
» he saw her; as she truely loves her son.
»
» Dr. Lindsey RESTON VA

I actually live very close to your location, but that is one of the most pathetic stories I have ever heard. Is the 40 year old mentally disabled?? Who the h e l l has their mother research hair transplant options for them? You’d have to assume he still lives at home and maybe she still bathes him at night :frowning:

I find it unbelievable that a 40 yr old man gets his mother to do HT research on his behalf.

How can anyone take this story or this doctor seriously?

» I find it unbelievable that a 40 yr old man gets his mother to do HT
» research on his behalf.
»
» How can anyone take this story or this doctor seriously?

The story is probably true but it’s distasteful how he uses it to promote himself.

dochollywood, are you a real doctor?

» "She asked very pointed questions dealing with: do we do follicular unit
» work? "
»
» That’s laughable. Very pointed question, yeah right. I wouldn’t even give
» her a passing grade for her research skills. If she has really done her
» research well, she would have asked whether you do Follicular Unit
» Extraction rather than follicular unit work.

Hmm, if she had really done her research she would have asked how many mm they insert for FUE and at what angle and how many sessions the techs have done and how long they have been there. To prove whther the doc is honest, she would ask how many disatisfied customers the doc has. (BTW, every surgeon I have visited has failed on the last question (or has kiked me out before I got that far).

You know actually i tell a lie. There was one salesman I saw in the UK many years ago. He told me my hairloss was not bad enough for HT and that I needed to grow my hair longer to hide the scar. When i pointed out the balding crown, he said we are allways our own worst critic. Now I look back, what a F******* amaizing guy.

» Dr. Linsey can you please respond?

Of course you will get no response.

» » I find it unbelievable that a 40 yr old man gets his mother to do HT
» » research on his behalf.
» »
» » How can anyone take this story or this doctor seriously?
»
» The story is probably true but it’s distasteful how he uses it to promote
» himself.
»
» dochollywood, are you a real doctor?
Therapy
Yes I am a real doctor. I will be flying to see Dr Umar in the very near future.