BBC Video/ Article - The man who grew a finger

» bald again. The hope with Follica is that if DHT isn’t present during the
» process (hence the finasteride/dutasteride), androgen levels near the
» follicle will be very low in its formation, and perhpas its characteristics
» will be changed. Finger digit ratios in both sexes are altered by higher
» androgens in fetal development.
»

Maybe that is what the hold up is with Follica. They have the protocol for hair follicle creation by enabling an environment conducive to stem cell coaxing. Maybe now their focus is on the DHT effects and how to minimize or perhaps even eradicate it.

Here’s a million-dollar question:

Among the known cases of accidental hair regrowth on bald guys from various types of scalp wounds . . . DOES THAT NEW HAIR EVER BEGIN TO BALD AGAIN?

As for replenishing FUE work?
Let’s do the math here:

It’s gonna be hard to keep the raiding inside the safe-zone and get any more than 2-3000 grafts per session. (Espeically if the doc tries to stick to picking mostly 3-4 hair grafts in order to get some real density accomplished.)

20,000 grafts for a major resto + 2-3000 grafts a session + 9-12 months of regrowth before transplanting on top of the last work each time =

6-10 years of yearly buzz-downs and surgeries to get 20K grafts.

At $7 or 10/graft, the bill for 20K grafts =

$140,000 or $200,000.

These are not just minor problems IMO.

Replenishing FUE grafts is a lot better than no HM at all, but it’s not the ideal way of getting major amounts of hair back.

:no:

» cal
» Or it may start healing up the existing hair follicles that were in
» damaged condition from the MPB and the dermabrasion. That seems like
» exactly the kind of thing Acell is so good at.
»
» That’s the same thought burning a hole in the back of my mind. Follica
» essentially reprograms skin cells to turn into Follicles, but Acell could
» quite possibly repair the ones locked away in the scalp. Remember, the man
» who regained his lost fingertip sighted his nail grew back quicker.
»
» I’m also wondering if the powder might work with dermabrasion OR a
» dermaroller.
»
»
»
»
» whynot
» I also got a quote from the Armani Clinic and they also quoted me $5 per
» for FUE.
»
» Seriously, that sounds like the ol bait and switch. All I see from Armani
» is generic low, supermodel hairlines and FUT… The results look good on a
» younger man, but they’re unmanageable for a maturing hairline .
»
»
»
»

rev posts a story about some finger being regrown
story is trashed by the press as bogus

rev cries himself to sleep

» hanging
» rev posts a story about some finger being regrown
» story is trashed by the press as bogus
»
» rev cries himself to sleep

suck my cock asshole.

» » hanging
» » rev posts a story about some finger being regrown
» » story is trashed by the press as bogus
» »
» » rev cries himself to sleep
»
» suck my cock asshole.
»
»
»

i guess rev is gay, he asks other guys to pleasure him, obviously this thrills him

this is the best rev can muster

:rotfl:

» i guess rev is gay, he asks other guys to pleasure him, obviously this
» thrills him
»
» this is the best rev can muster
»
» :rotfl:

fukk yourself mutherfukker.

» » i guess rev is gay, he asks other guys to pleasure him, obviously this
» » thrills him
» »
» » this is the best rev can muster
» »
» » :rotfl:
»
» fukk yourself mutherfukker.

I am sure that with all your gay references you intended that you are the one doing the fking instead of me

do you have a large collection of gay memorabilia…do you live in San Fran perhaps

other guys sucking you …obviously excites you

» Here’s a million-dollar question:
»
» Among the known cases of accidental hair regrowth on bald guys from
» various types of scalp wounds . . . DOES THAT NEW HAIR EVER BEGIN TO BALD
» AGAIN?
»
»
»
»
»
» As for replenishing FUE work?
» Let’s do the math here:
»
» It’s gonna be hard to keep the raiding inside the safe-zone and get any
» more than 2-3000 grafts per session. (Espeically if the doc tries to stick
» to picking mostly 3-4 hair grafts in order to get some real density
» accomplished.)
»
»
» 20,000 grafts for a major resto + 2-3000 grafts a session + 9-12 months of
» regrowth before transplanting on top of the last work each time =
»
» 6-10 years of yearly buzz-downs and surgeries
» to get 20K grafts.

»
»
»
»
» At $7 or 10/graft, the bill for 20K grafts =
»
» $140,000 or $200,000.
»
»
»
»
» These are not just minor problems IMO.
»
» Replenishing FUE grafts is a lot better than no HM at all, but it’s not
» the ideal way of getting major amounts of hair back.
»
»
» :no:

Well you’re basing this on today’s numbers but those numbers are only influences by the limitation of today’s technology. Secondly, have you noticed that over the years the cost of HT has been becoming more affordable? And lets not forget this is cosmetic surgery and it’s never going to be cheap.

If this theory about Acell restoring donor graphs works and the fact that unlimited donor supply is a reality then as I stated, HT will be very common place thus driving the cost down. Honestly we really need another “ah-ha” moment in HT and I guess HM is it but to think that some other form of cure will replace HT is not realistic. In my opinion HT will always be the primary method to cure hairloss but we need new technology to enhance the existing methods.

In regards to FUE session, we are now seeing mega FUE session. I read at another forum Armani recently completed a FUE session ranging above 5000 graphs. Now, I wouldn’t do it in fear of what it would do to my donor area but if those graphs can be restore, I would jump right in. Oh, and the guy with the severed finger stated his finger was back to normal in 4 weeks. Could you imagine how quickly a small area of skin and follicle would take to grow back?

If the donor area can grow back with Acell larger FUE sections could be removed (15 to 20 hairs). This is the size that the first hair transplants in the 1960’s. Instead of using a round punch use square and triangle punches that will fit together when implanted in the receipent area. There will be no gaps like the round punched.

Also a lot of hair can be moved if each FUE is 15 hairs (some single hairs for the front hairline).

I’ve got no beef with getting my hair back via regenerated FUE if that’s the best we can do.

All I’m saying is that we’d be fcuking morons not to try to make Acell work in an easier, faster, less invasive, and MUCH CHEAPER way first. It’s not hard to try this out.

Yes,abrade the scalp, then apply Acell would be the first thing to try.

» Yes,abrade the scalp, then apply Acell would be the first thing to try.

Okay but how can you be sure the DHT won’t be a factor again? If Acell restore the hair follicle exactly then won’t it just fall out again?

looks good enough to me

» Yes,abrade the scalp, then apply Acell would be the first thing to try.

I’d try normally injecting. several hundreds of micro injections may wound it enough to work good.

» looks good enough to me
»
»

comparing regrowing this small section of skin to regrowing a finger, or calling it regrowing a finger, is laughable

hell i took off more than that from the end of my finger in a construction accident, and it regrew almost as good as that guys, and nobody from the newspapers contacted me…

this is not in any way near regrowing a finger

» hell i took off more than that from the end of my finger in a construction
» accident, and it regrew almost as good as that guys, and nobody from the
» newspapers contacted me…

'cause it’s normal for an x-men !

Dermabraded & regrown hair follicles may ver well not have enough DHT resistance compared to donor hairs. It has been discussed several times before.

But A LOT of us hit puberty in our early teens and then didn’t get on MPB treatments until our hair had already been though a decade of high-as-hell DHT levels. Or longer. Our natural MPB-susceptible hairs didn’t die overnight.

Even if new hairs aren’t DHT resistant, I would rather do dermabrasion regrowth again a few more times during my life than the alternative.

A lot of us are still young and still broke. We don’t want to spend more than the price of our entire college educations in order to finally be done shaving down and start growing our nice finished thick heads of hair in about 2014-2018.

I’m glad FUE was invented and it has helped a ton of people. If I had the money I would have done it years ago. But the fact is that a dermabrasion-based method of real regrowth would leave FUE in the dust.

» » Yes,abrade the scalp, then apply Acell would be the first thing to try.
»
» Okay but how can you be sure the DHT won’t be a factor again? If Acell
» restore the hair follicle exactly then won’t it just fall out again?

we dont